The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Bill in Kiwi DVD by Cloutier (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Devilix
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Devilix
Anyone have seen this new DVD by Carl Cloutier offered by Penguin. What do you guys think about it? What is the difficulty level of this effect?

thanks
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Very difficult..pls. don't do it!
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Devilix
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Devilix
Someone can be a little more specific?

thanks
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Well, it is certainly an amazing effect! It would be hard to top it!
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4340 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
How is Mr. Cloutier's version or routine different than the Bill in Kiwi done by Martin Sanderson on his Corporate DVD?

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Bosko
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Bosko
I don´t know nothing about this DVD, but there is a nice version of "Bill in Limon" in Flickfinger´s "The Movie" DVD! My strongest recomendations for it!!!

Here is a link to "Bill in Kiwi":
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=996
asdfgh
View Profile
New user
San Diego
2 Posts

Profile of asdfgh
I do billoon and the reactions are great. I probably won't change my routine. Looks cool though.
JeremiahZuo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of JeremiahZuo
Bosko are you referring to Manuel Muerte's Dvd? I don't believe there was a bill in lemon effect on "The Movie"
Joshua 24:15
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1882 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Cloutiers method is explained in his old tapes. Why bother paying penguin for something that has been on marked for years and years. It is at least in his international magic lecture tape.

I used Cloutiers routine for years and it is very very good. The difficulty depends on the method you wanna use. The dirty work could be done in many different ways and some of them are easy, some of them are more difficult. Cloutier performed this at World Greatest magic 4 tv special.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Quote:
Cloutiers method is explained in his old tapes. Why bother paying penguin for something that has been on marked for years and years. It is at least in his international magic lecture tape.

Because it's now on DVD?????
Yours,

Ivan
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1882 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
As are other his tapes
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
And the Kiwi as well??
Yours,

Ivan
fasr eddie
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of fasr eddie
MAGICINSIGHT when I asked Sanderson THE SAME QUESTION AT bLACKPOOL THE ANSWER WAS "I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO KEEP BILL DRY"I was so amazed I had to wipe my chin with a piece of kitchen roll.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Well, it's more like the bill is moist not dry... Well, Martin Sanderson sure came up with a way to keep the signed bill slightly dry so as to not upset his cooperate clients (I'm not trying to be scaristic) with a wet bill as we all don't like it. It's all in the prepartion and I have to say I like the way Martin performs this Bill In Kiwi trick. It's simple and bold at the same time. However, sleight of hands knowledge is essential in this performance. I give Martin a 9 out of 10 in his version of Bill In Kiwi. I still think it's a rather bold move and it's a risk. But with practice, it can be done to truly baffled your audiences without sleeving or topit.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Hi everyone.

I got a chance to watch this 2 DVD set. So that no one gets disappointed, let me say from the start that there aren't any new ground-breaking methods here. I method that has been used before with other fruit, but this time it is used witha Kiwi.

I think the strengthsof the routine are:

- First it's simple to prepare and to l**d. I thought there was going to be a lot of preparation, but there is not. Mr Cloutier kept it simple and it works.

- Secondly, it uses a Kiwi. I sometimes feel the bill in lemon is so popular among magicians that some spectators might imagine what is going to happen from the beginning, thus ruining the surprise. (Remember John in Bill Malone's DVD??) A kiwi is something different.

- Finally, the kiwi is handed out to the spectator before the bill is even handed to the magician.

I liked the Bill in Kiwi. It's practical even for walkaround, just as Mr Cloutier has used it over the years.

The second DVD contains some other great material. It's apparent that Mr Cloutier likes the transportation of objects to other locations, because he has a lot of them on the second DVD. My favourites are the Slim Fast routine and the Dream Tear. In Slim Fast a card/s appears inside a Slimfast can. So easy and so fast. I never saw this coming, because of the way Mr Cloutier uses it in a routine. Dream Tear is a torn and restored page from a magazine, where upon restoration, the last piece is missing and is found in an envelope that has been with a spectator from the beginning of the show.

For those that do not know Carl Cloutier, he is an expert Topiter and Sleever. One of the best. He uses these techniques in all of his routines, although in some of them, like the Bill in Kiwi, it's not necessary.

I liked this DVD set. The production is great, and everything is thoroughly explained. Ther are also instructions in French on the DVD. This is a great thing for people that have a hard time learning in English and something that is not seen in every DVD that comes out. Overall I would give this set 9/10. It's full of practical and hard hitting magic.

Hope this helps.
Yours,

Ivan
millarhouse
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
199 Posts

Profile of millarhouse
Thanks for review Ivan.
I have always loved Carl's Bill in Kiwi routine, and have just ordered this DVD set.
By the way this set can be also ordered at http://themagicwarehouse.com , and is $19.95 cheaper than Penguin.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Thanks niva for the nice review. I was thinking of getting this dvd, and now I really have to get it. Even though I don't use topit and sleeving method in my performance, I think it'd still be an worthwhile endeavor to watch one of the best expert Topiter and Sleever in action. It's my own bias, but I think a lot of magic is designed with a man's outfit in mind - such as a jakcet with inner pocket and big pockets on outside the jacket. I'm thinking if I really like Carl's method, I'm going to have seriously having my jacket professionally alter by a tailor Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Yeah you are right. But sleeving should be no problem.
Yours,

Ivan
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Quote:
On 2005-04-29 06:24, millarhouse wrote:
Thanks for review Ivan.
I have always loved Carl's Bill in Kiwi routine, and have just ordered this DVD set.
By the way this set can be also ordered at http://themagicwarehouse.com , and is $19.95 cheaper than Penguin.

Madhatter Magic Shophas it for only $20.92 Here! Not $20.95 cheaper just $20.95.

How is this one diffrent from the Bill in Kiwi on Corporate Close-Up?
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Is this on one of his original tapes put out by A-1 on topiting and sleeving?
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon