The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: REVIEW for the MAGIC ACADEMY videos, please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mstick85
View Profile
Regular user
Gahanna, Ohio
151 Posts

Profile of mstick85
Hello. Someone suggested that I check out one of the Magic Academy videos from International Magicians Society. Any opinions on these? I am interested in the Lou Lancaster Classic Routines video where he does the chop cup, multiplying balls and other routines. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
"Go Browns!"
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
These are indeed good videos, not that bad. However, there are a few routines in it so it's better you search for other videos that have more quantity and quality in it.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Bill Douglas
View Profile
New user
El Paso, TX
90 Posts

Profile of Bill Douglas
The IMS videos are packed with a lot of useful information. The multiplying balls part of the video you mention is worth the price of the whole tape. I personally did not care for Mr. Lancasters version of the Chop Cup, but hey I am not a big chop cup lover anyway.

The Magic Academy vids are each kind of short but the magic and teaching in them are good. Try to hide and watch for specials on the entire set. They usually run specials around Christmas time.

Tim Wrights Multiplying Balls tape and the IMS tape you mention would together be a graduate level course on this classic of magic. The moves and handling and equipment tips are the most valuable.

I am an IMS elite member and own a few of there DVD sets. I purchased them at sale prices and was not disappointed. Join IMS, watch for there specials on DVD sets and see what strikes your fancy. With the Magic Academy set and their Best of The Best set you would have a ton of workable magic to last you a long time.
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
It says that their sale on their 25 dvd set for $99 ends on the December 31st 04. But they still have it advertised. Is it still going on.
Nick
Magic CPA
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Magic CPA
The "Magic Academy" videos are excellent. They feature some top notch magicians with a wealth of experience like Harry Lorayne, Derek Dingle, Lou Lancaster and Patrick Page to name a few. They cover every aspect of magic from cards to coins to escapes to illusions, etc. The only thing missing is a volume on paper money magic which is not really covered.