The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Suggestions for walkaround mentalism DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
WanderingMagician
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of WanderingMagician
I'd like to work on a new performance act of walk around mentalism. Can anyone please recommend any good DVDs that I should consider that focus on strong mentalism effects that utilise common items (e.g. post it notes, bits of paper, pens, watches, etc etc) rather than 'props' or items that can't easily be carried in the pockets. I'm looking for material that resets, is portable, and practical. I'd like the effects to look (almost) spontaneous (i.e. no clipboards, blindfolds, slates etc etc)

I already own the Osterlind Mind mysteries set and think they contain some wonderful effects, containing much material that is of the sort that I am looking for. What else should I consider?
harishjose
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of harishjose
Osterlind also has Easy to Master Mental series. Its also a pot of solid gold. Especially check the Al Mann routine on vol 4. I am so angry at Osterlind for revealing this effect. Its called Acidus Novus and has quite a history behind it.
Incidentally there is also a video out called Walk Around Mentalism. I particularly loved one effect using PW.
To believe is Magic.
nostrings
View Profile
Loyal user
Newport News, VA
294 Posts

Profile of nostrings
Some stuff from the max maven videos might do the trick
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
I suggest getting the osterlind dvds.
max maven stuff is pretty good 2.
its just which one you prefer.
mrmysticmike
View Profile
Elite user
Cleveland, Ohio
427 Posts

Profile of mrmysticmike
I believe Mark Strivings has a book and video entitled WAM...Walk Around Mentalism.