The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Which is better (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Cheif_Magi
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Cheif_Magi
Which is better:
Bill Malone On the Loose
Richard Osterline Mind Mysteries

PS
Please do not say they are different. I want to know which one you liked better.
~~Chris
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
I know you said not to do this but how the hell can you even talk about a comparison. So tell me, who's better Miles Davis or . . . Leonard Bernstien. . .you can't do that.

Anyway. . .I liked watching Richard Osterlind better. Mostly because I had the misfortune of meeting Bill Malone.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Cheif_Magi
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Cheif_Magi
Quote:
On 2005-01-23 17:27, lastnitesfun wrote:
I know you said not to do this but how the hell can you even talk about a comparison. So tell me, who's better Miles Davis or . . . Leonard Bernstien. . .you can't do that.

Anyway. . .I liked watching Richard Osterlind better. Mostly because I had the misfortune of meeting Bill Malone.

Mark

Not comparing them is hard but I want to know what you have used more and what you liked better that's all.
I know
~~Chris
ashah
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of ashah
Both are great. I personally enjoyed Malone's more because he's loud and obnoxoius, and I'm more of a card guy than a mentalist. Osterlind's DVDs have some of the most amazing routines I've ever seen though.
jrandcc
View Profile
Regular user
New York
141 Posts

Profile of jrandcc
The bill Malone dvds are probably the most entertaining DVDs I have ever seen. And the magic is practical, effective, and everything else.

The Osterlind dvds are original and the effects are amazing.

I think that the Osterlinds are better, cause the effects get different kinds of reactions, and are exteremly powerful.
Dark Thought 13
View Profile
Regular user
Washington D.C.
122 Posts

Profile of Dark Thought 13
A strange comparison, to watch would be Bill Malone, to learn and do some great effects both Magic & Mentalism the Osterlinds
"I love the one with the plastic thumb!"
Someone who has seen a s*** magician
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Hmm sorry but I don really understd the comparison as Osterlind is mainly mental stuff althou some involve cards but sleights are at a min

Malone are mainly card stuff where its sleight intensive

so it boils down to whether you prefer card magic or mentalism. IMO get Osterlind if you like mentalism and get Malone if you prefer card stuff

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
How can you compare apples and oranges ?????

What do YOU prefer: Cards or mentalism????

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Cheif_Magi
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Cheif_Magi
Actually cards and mentalism are two favoritew things. And I just want to know what you liked better that's all. I am leaning toward On The Loose. Also does Mind Mysteries have performance of te tricks on it?
~~Chris
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Asking that question is like asking me what do I prefer: Skiing, or skating? If I happen to be near a mountain and there is no Ice around, then skiing is definitly what I prefer. However, If I am near a frosen strech of Ice and there are no mountains around, then skating is the answer! Wether I prefer cards or mentalism depends on what my contract calls for, and I adapt to what is needed.

Have a nice day!

Louis

P.S.: If you want to know which card tricks I prefer, or mental effects, now that is a different question!