The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: David Williamson DVD's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

Profile of Daren
For those that have these dvd's can you please let me know the full list of effects on these 3 dvd's, I have been on his website site and they only briefly describe what is included, but I would like to know the full list of contents.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Verno,

Thanks, I will check it out again!

Gregory, Gregory, Gregory.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm freaking out over this Magic Farm DVD. It is FANTASTIC. The magic is incredible. The Color Changing deck is worth the price of the DVD.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
993 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Great set of DVD's. The Portugese clips all start the same but are each different.

Love some of the ideas with the striking vanish; ridiculously visual.

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

Profile of Daren
Hi jamie

Can you list the effects he does on each of the dvd's
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
863 Posts

Profile of magico
Check them out at

http://www.williamsonmagic.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Here's the scoop: Do not ask what's on them, what he teaches, are they strong, can you use the routines naked, does Dave worship Jesus, etc. GET THESE DVD's because one of the greatest Magi ( in the Company of Vernon, Paul Harris, etc. ) has tipped his pet effects and teaches them in great detail.

Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Now I know that others have been viewing their Farm DVDs, I will be waiting for it to drop through my letter box any day now.

For anyone who has not seen the 1989 lecture, you are missing out on one of the bst lecture videos EVER. I would say that it was that video that changed the way I looked at magic, performed magic, thought about my performance and made me a far better magician than I would have been otherwise. It was the first time I had ever seen a magician on a video who I thought had actually worked for real people.

You'll learn some great routines (and I still do several of them 15 years later) but you will also learn stuff from the way he talks about things and his little anecdotes and touches show that *worker* eminates off the screen.

With all the DVDs and videos that have since come out on the market, I still think that David's 1989 lecture video is the most powerful and influential. If you are starting out as a professioanl magician working restaurants, private parties, corporate events or whatever, this tape is a *must* buy.

Having said that, several impressionable and fragile years were ruined by a 5 card trick. (Stop smiling David!)

See you at Ron's.
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jon Allen just spoke volumes!!!!!!!!!!

niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Jon, I am also waiting for mine. Keep us informed when you receive yours, because it won't be long then for mine to arrive as well.
Yours,

Ivan
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Either I'm good at timing or David has influence over the US postal system.

My Magic Farm is now sitting downstairs waiting to be watched and enjoyed.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Mine should be here very soon then.
Yours,

Ivan
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

Profile of Daren
Hi jon

Did you receive a phone call from Jeremy re the 15 or 17th Dec 2004, another booking I couldn't do.

Just to let you know the booking I did for them in the summer he has seen the Destination Box, but I think the people attending are different.

Let us know what you think of the magic farm dvd, can you give a run down of the effects?
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Once I've watched it, I'd be happy to run them down ;-)

Got a lot on at the moment so it might be a while yet.

Also got to learn a new opener and closer, seeing as you have already done The Destination Box for Jeremy Smile
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
To hell with work! I watched the DVD.

I won't give a complete rundown of all the effects but here's my top 3:

The Memory Test: A multi-phase card act for walkaround. Several routines rolled in to one with superb touches along the way. You'll also learn how to deal with the "Murrays" of the world!

Funner Colour Stunner - Superb colour changing deck routine. No cheesy moves but subtlety instead to enhance the impression of the deck changing colour. You also get to tell your story of that time you were with The Professor at The Magic Castle. You know the one.... that young upstart was there..... I Was there as well...... you'll remember.

Liar's Poker - A wonderful routine where five punters have a chance to win money if you don't guess their card. Heck, you can't possibly go wrong: you've got a major in psychology, you're an expert in reading body language, you know all about the human psyche *and* you can do some simple card moves. It's just great!

You'll also learn how to get money back from within a borrowed pen; make coins penetrate through a handkechief; make two cards held by someone change with the two jokers in your pocket and also learn how to vanish a small object from your open palm with "The Striking Vanish".

As well as learning the routines, you also need to watch carefully for all the things that aren't explained. As I mentioned with the 1989 video, it's easy to see that these are not just routines thought up to put out for magicians. This is great stuff to do for laymen. Watching David do these routines, you notice little subtleties and touches that will make your magic better if you watch carefully and take note. A case in point is the use of the offbeat. You'll see it in virtually every routine.

The explanations are laid back and simple to follow while the anecdotes (Hmmmmm....) and the humour make it more than just a straightforward instructional video. Watch the 'Bonus Footage' for some fun and extra performance pieces.

There's only one David Williamson but I wish more DVDs were like this.

Two words to finish: Buy It.
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
252 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
Jon-
Thanks for giving some insight as to what type of material is on Magic Farm. You did an excellent job. Sounds like that was a great purchase.

I'd love to know what is on Slight of Dave and Dave 2...maybe someone else will put some info up about them.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

Profile of Daren
Yep I would be interested to hear the complete list of contents on all 3 dvd's
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Slight of Dave:
Spectator Cuts the Kings - Dave's easy method to have them cut four of a kind.
Talking Coins - Another dimension in coin productions and vanishes.
Torn & Restored Transpo - A masterpice of misdiraection.
Famous Three Card Trick - Mr. Victor, meet Mr. Elmsley.
Cups & Balls - Dave's award winning two cup version.
Rocky - Dave manipulates a dead animal.

Dave2:
Dave's Spoon Routine - A great table side opener.
Saline Sulotion - A vanish and reapperance of a quantity of salt.
Whirly Bird Silk Vanish - A novel vanish using a magic wand.
Ring & Rope - A staple of Dave's act for many years.
51 Cards to Pocket - An easy, hillarious stand up card routine.
Pencil Thru Quarter - Dave's handling of Michael Ammar's terrific routine.
Easy Aces - Dave's take on a classic method of a classic plot.
Floating Matrix - Who needs another coin assembly? you do!
And of course....MURRAY!

Magic Farm:
Rebate - A suprisingly effective audio illusion.
Sympathetic Coins - Dave's take on this classic effect.
Liar's Poker - Five cards and five twenties, what could go wrong?
The Memory Test - A card effect theyll never forget!
Cocktail Dazzler - An entire walk-around card act in your hands.
Funner Color Stunner - Dave's devilish color changing deck.
The Striking Vanish - Dave's favourite uses for his innovative vanish!

Bonus Footage on all 3 disc's - David on the loose/lost in Portugal.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
"Liar's Poker - A wonderful routine where five punters..."
Jon,what is a punter? I have seen this expression several times on the Café but I don'tknow the meaning.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Me too! Smile Although I have heard it before and knew what it means.
Yours,

Ivan