The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Cellini's DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
To roughly quote Woody Allen, "95% of success in life is just showing up"
The other old saying which is so true is "The customer is always right"
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-06-13 11:09, Larry Barnowsky wrote:
To roughly quote Woody Allen, "95% of success in life is just showing up"
The other old saying which is so true is "The customer is always right"

Larry, great quotes. The Allen one is one his classics!!!

Joe, I hear what you're saying. I'd be disappointed if a lecturer didn't show without calling.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
kissthecaptain
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of kissthecaptain
*okay, I took some medication. Now I clearly see the light* Oh wait. Opinions are STILL not provable or disprovable. *Taking more meds...* Nope, no change. I'm still pretty positive.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
When is art of street magic 2 coming out????????
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Ok...i will say this publicly....joe turner posted a positive thing about cellini showing up and his lecture....i appreciate this...the money thing ...about me paying cellini...well joe is wrong but its ok...hes not aware of the facts and I will not discuss this ever ina public forum...i think joe turner is likely a decent human being and have no real quarells with him./..however, I wish he had of never posted the stuff about the atlanta lecture....

furthur, I an much more than a cellini student....i have agreat involment in how he makes his living....

I have not critisized joe once in this public forum so hes cinfussed as to how he read the posts...i have critisized others for making up blatant lies about cellini not showing up for lectures and taking money form clubs prior to the lecture....like the ibm ...its all ********....all of it...

I'm hoping cellini will be sending me loop balls soon to sell all you guys....i haven't talked to jim in the last week because I as on the road performing....

if someone says a blatant lie about someon that I have a personal relationship with I'm gonna stand up....everyone has the right to like or not like the dvd's that cellini and I produced...its opinion...BUT...saying hes a theif on a public forum is going to get my gander and I will fight for my friends....

I hope this thing goes awya so cellini doesn't loose any more dates and his living for showing up late 2 hours...come on fellas...what the hell is goin on here....

koz
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Thanks, Koz!!!!!! The truth always sets us free. You rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Can someone clarify one of the effects on "Magic that can be performed anywhere?"

I've heard mention that Michael Ammar's "See through Coins through Silk" was based on a Fred Kaps routine. I've heard this DVD has "Fred Kaps Coins in and out of hankerchief" or something like that. Is this the same routine? Similar? Or nothing at all alike?

I am specifically interested in this one effect and I don't want to spend $35 until I know for sure what's included.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
From what I can tell, cellini's miracle is completely different than the Ammar version. Koz?

Joe M. Turner
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta, Georgia
248 Posts

Profile of Joe M. Turner
I have no animosity toward Koz or Cellini. I have not told any lies, however. I can only report on the information I have, the experiences I have, and any information that has been shared with me through Koz. I don't claim to have all the details from the performer's side; I'm just reacting from the audience side.

This is a good example of how a single incident can be perceived very differently by a person on the client/audience side and a person on the supplier/performer side. I suppose it goes to show the importance of managing perception and sharing information.

I have been in contact with Koz privately, and I certainly want to make sure he and everyone else knows I have no quarrel with him at all. I sincerely apologize if my choice of phrasing has ever made it sound like I think I'm above him, or Cellini, or absent of any faults myself. I want to be clear that I have *no* such delusions. My posts and private messages have NOT been intended to suggest any ideas of perfection on my part; I'm just reporting on the experience of an audience of interested magicians in our area. I'm not even as active in the club as I used to be, missing most club meetings and events due to my own bookings. I made a special point to be at Cellini's make-up lecture, for what that's worth.

Best to Koz et al.

JMT
Regards,
Joe M. Turner
turnermagic.com
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Yes....its way different...its the vanish of several coins in a silk...there is also onthe dvd the devils hank where manyu jumbo coincs are vanished and re-produced using a silk...both are strong effects....i really love this dvd....biased aside

koz
Joe M. Turner
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta, Georgia
248 Posts

Profile of Joe M. Turner
Regarding the coin vanish in a silk...

Ted/Koz is right -- it's not a penetration like in Ammar's routine, and the silk needs to be opaque, not transparent.

The vanish of coins in a silk that Cellini showed in his lecture is an excellent move... I think he credited Eddie Joseph for it? I am already performing a routine where that move would fit in perfectly. (If you're familiar with Vernon's "Silk & Silver," it fits wonderfully into that sort of idea.)

JMT
Regards,
Joe M. Turner
turnermagic.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Joe, don't forget to mention my genius!!!!! Appology accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Quote:
On 2004-06-15 16:41, Joe M. Turner wrote:
Regarding the coin vanish in a silk...

Ted/Koz is right -- it's not a penetration like in Ammar's routine, and the silk needs to be opaque, not transparent.

Thanks!
I'll probably end up buying the DVD anyway, but at least I know what to expect.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
[quote]On 2004-06-14 13:10, tedb wrote:
...everyone has the right to like or not like the dvd's that cellini and I produced...its opinion...
-koz

Posted: Jun 1, 2004 6:02pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(addressed to "giochi"):
Now lets see...you come onher and say
things that could effect how this master makes a living...1 out of 10...come on...and we should just sit back and let you talk?....i don't think so...
koz

..did you mean to contradict yourself?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Yea I did!...i sure did!....giochi...what do you really know anyways?....really...do you work the streets ...nope...if you don't like the dvd fine...i don't care...have at it...BUT...these guys come on here and say things that aren't true...lies...that effect not the sale of the dvd but this mans abilty to lecture....and that's wrong and you don't understand that you are not a very good person....and 1 out of 10 is my opinion that anyone who doesn't understand the dvd and what is being said is not a worker and never will be ...like you...got me
koz
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
"..and that's wrong and you don't understand that you are not a very good person...." tedb

this forum is not the place to discuss the integrity of a person whom you do not know and have never met. Maybe I am not reading/understanding your sublimely written post correctly.

Also, I appreciate your answer to my question ("what do you really know anyways?").
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mdspark
What is the current price on Cellini's linking rings DVD?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
$25

great routine....beautiful...will make you cry

koz
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Ted,
All the Cellini material is awesome, I really want a loopball made by the Master.
Please let me know when you get them.
Can I send you the money now?
Thank you for your time,
James Linn
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I have them now

private me