The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: "Cradle to Grave" Reviews/Pro Reviews Are In! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
2 posts almost the same.mmmm

Your right! The Heaven Display and the Birdy fan were worth the entire DVD!:wow:
I would of gladly paid $50.00 just for the Heaven Display alone! And getting 15+ other moves(including all bonuses) was just icing on the cake! The Cradle to Grave sequence
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile The most unbelievable flourish routine ever created!

The second editions have been released!!!! All new artwork. Sweet! I'm getting one sent tommorow, signed with a signed ace! Yeee Ha! I'm a collector and major Superhandz nut. I got all their stuff, and this is another one for the collection. Also heard that De'vo has a little something extra for the second edition even though it's advertised as "exactly the same material".lol Wonder if it's true. I'll let you know if and when I find it.
rkzad
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
138 Posts

Profile of rkzad
The rest is in the special forum. Cradle to Grave isn't just a DVD.

And as for money, when he first started the project he honestly thought he was going to LOSE money because he was not going to put it out on ellusionist.

He is spending a LOT of money on his studio for his videos.
- richard
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Isn't the CTG technically a variation of a Sybill cut? that's what it looks like to me at least... any thoughts?? Smile
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Cardjinx
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Cardjinx
CTG uses the Impossible Stack which was published long before any sybil or sybil variation. It is said that the original sybil was taken from the Impossible Stack published by Marius Sr. of Poland.

CTG RULES! Still by far my favorite DVD! Nothing gets close! I hope others learn from the teaching style. Especially in flourish videos. Now I understand why everyone is raving about this DVD. Smile

Cardjinx Smile
Sybilmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
277 Posts

Profile of Sybilmagic
Hello to all CTG buffs
as stated above there appears to be extra sections on the DVD that are hidden and are only availiable to those that have purchased their dvd through devo and have a password to his site.
So to all those that purchased the DVD through Elillusionist How were we supposed to know about these extras?
Yeah nice one bring out a DVD and hide stuff on it, what a great idea??
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
I have tried my best to avoid contributing to this particular thread and figured that it would just die down, but it hasn't.

I have an interesting situation with CTG. I purchased it directly from Handlordz, was friends with De'vo and I did get some of the special videos from the special forum as has been indicated earlier in this thread.

However, I was banned from handlordz forum (including the CTG forum) because I wrote a review that wasn't completely to the liking of De'vo and friends here on the Magic Café. The link is:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111

I did not violate any copyright laws, duplicate the DVD or post it on some web forum, I just wrote what I thought was an honest review of my personal feelings about the DVD. I have even apologized to De'vo, and I thought we patched things up, but I'm still banned from the Handlordz forum.

In the thread my review is in, several CTG fans condemned me for not being entirely accurate. So to make this current thread accurate, if you purchase the DVD from Handlordz and avoid SAYING or DOING anything about the CTG DVD that they may find offensive, then you get the special bonuses.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great DVD, but I was kicked out of the forum for not being completely accurate in my "bad" review. All you CTG fans should do your best to be completely accurate in your "good" reviews.

K.C. Ushijima
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
That is totally not true. KC was banned for trying to promote his own products(very horrible products) on Handlordz without permission, then after getting banned he decided to put out untruths and was bashing everything about De'vo, Jerry, and superhandz/handlordz, and even CTG to get back at handlordz for banning him. I remember all the posts and threads on the subject. I also wrote De'vo and company about this subject and here was the response:

There are several people that were banned from handlordz because of their shamefull selfpromotion or their blatant disrespect for rules such as illegally trading our copywrited material. These people are going out on forums to bash us and our products, but we know that people will be able to judge for themselves the high quality of our material and will not listen to these people. KC was putting up adds all over our forums and websites trying to trick people into buying his horrible CD ROM and make himself some money. He also was illegally hosting several copywrited materials. He now intends to try and get back at us using the internet. He has gone on several forums under different names to attack us for stopping his illegal trading and sales of material. He trys to sound innocent under his real name, but is actually trying to dillibrately hurt handlordz sales by these posts under all of his different logins. He is nothing more than a thief and a liar. We will not let him back into our forums no matter how many times he threatens us through emails about hurting sales through his posts.
-Handlordz staff
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
I have only had one e-mail response with De'vo since the "review".

I am confused to the accusations about me for I have done none of the things mentioned above.

I was not uploading Cradle to Grave on any servers. I have NOT been bashing Jerry and De'vo.

And the accusations of the multiple log-in names, ask one of the webmasters here on the Café about my IP address. It should be unique because I only use "KC" on this forum. I use it from my home and at school, so there should be two different IP addresses for "KC". Unless someone else at my school comes to this site, both IP addresses should be unique to "KC".

As far as the accusation of shameful promotion of myself, I was given permission by De'vo and I even have an e-mail from De'vo saying that it was okay to do that. And it may be a horrible CD-Rom, but Jerry gave me some very nice comments about it. Maybe he was just being nice.

As far as hosting the copyrighted CTG things, I find that rather odd because I have not done any personal web hosting, yet. I have a yahoo group, but I never put any of the CTG videos on it.

I have not been e-mailing the Handlordz staff with threats about hurting their sales. As I mentioned at the beginning, I have had one e-mail with De'vo since being banned.

I still maintain that CTG is a great DVD and I hope it does well, which it has. Congratulations De'vo.

K.C. Ushijima
rkzad
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
138 Posts

Profile of rkzad
Quote:
On 2004-02-05 10:34, iamslow wrote:
Isn't the CTG technically a variation of a Sybill cut? that's what it looks like to me at least... any thoughts?? Smile

While it does have similarities to a sybil, it has a unique feature which plays a great part in the move. It's not something you can learn from other teaching materials. It also gives you a new position to play with. The unique aspect of De'vo's Impossible Stack is versatile. The impossible stack also plays a part in the entire routine, and fits in very well for its purpose.
- richard
Cardjinx
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Cardjinx
I absolutely adore the CTG routine. It has some similarities to some "sbyils" but it is at the same time completely different. De'vo is a genious as seen from this incredible routine. I asked Jeff McBride about his awesome review of this DVD, and we talked for a little bit about the CTG routine. He was also very amazed on the routine and told me it was his favorite thing on the DVD.

It's a beautiful thing and shows all of us what a flourish routine should look like. In the real world, this routine just destroys laymen, I just had to learn the proper way to present it which is explained in full detail in De'vo's forum. It's very sweet!

Congrats De'vo on the best flourish DVD ever!!

Cardjinx
rkzad
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
138 Posts

Profile of rkzad
Quote:
On 2004-02-05 16:41, Sybilmagic wrote:
Hello to all CTG buffs
as stated above there appears to be extra sections on the DVD that are hidden and are only availiable to those that have purchased their dvd through devo and have a password to his site.
So to all those that purchased the DVD through Elillusionist How were we supposed to know about these extras?
Yeah nice one bring out a DVD and hide stuff on it, what a great idea??

I'm pretty sure these features are available when you buy it through ellusionist. You get support directly from De'vo, all his extra notes, and a couple bonus vids (I believe he wanted to make more than a couple though? We'll see)
- richard
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
There are 6 bonus downloadable moves right now which is quite alot if you ask me! I heard more are coming though and can't wait. I love all the free stuff he gives! And his special mailing list for those that bought products from him as well. It's supposed to contain speical products that won't be available on his website or anywhere else, also offer special deals etc. Some possibly with Jerry Cestkowski, the flourishman. I think the 4 fanning tutorials you get with CTG were done with Jerry himself! And the written instuctions just like out of his encyclopedia. His aftermarket support is awesome. I posted a video of some moves and he sent me full critiques back to improve. What a awesome guy! What other DVDs come with personal instruction and over 6 bonuses and tons of routine/new ideas? Not many, that is for sure. Also it is continous. Which means that you don't just get 1 or 2 then it's over. It just keeps on going and going. Wonder how many years he will keep it up and adding material?

All I can say was that I can't wait for De'vo's 2 new DVDs to hit the market. If there are anything like CTG, I'll buy 2!