The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: "The Real Work on Restaurants and Bars" Sankey DVD... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Guaranteed is basically a signature transfer from one card to another.

You guarantee to find a card, writing on the face and on the back of the card. Spec signs a different card, some byplay before you reveal the writing on the back of the first card has jumped to the back of their selection (I prefer Cameron's tip -use the guarantee joker in a bicycle pack - then it only uses one card which ends up with writing on both sides)

It is impromptu, uses sleight of hand, but is easy-ish with fairly basic card skills. Easy to adapt to 'no table' environments.
Overall, a pretty good effect.
An alternative signature transfer - to name but one - (different handling & plot) is MST by Matthew Dowden

Hope this helps
Charlie
John Palazzo
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
136 Posts

Profile of John Palazzo
Thanks Charlie.

Others have commented on how good an effect Guaranteed is and the DVD looks excellent too.

I'll check out MST by Matthew Dowden too.

--
PM me if you want to chat sometime.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
On the MST line of thought....
check out the "front row sankey" dvd
"the peonix effect" has it all, mentalism, signed card and flash paper!
I do the mst version when I don't have the flash paper
but I really love the peonix effect, and with a little thought it can be easily adapted to two signitures
here is a very basic demo, not the best presentation (its not me!) but enough to give you an idea of how the effect goes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcQauh4z928
enjoy.............
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
I'm considering on getting the Michael Close's book The Complete Worker Series and dvd set ( L&L publishing).
His book is 650 pgs. I reading very good things about it.
He seems to be underrated. And it was recommended on the latest issue of Magic Menu.
Sankey's magic is good but for some reason I don't care for some of his delivery or style.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1700 Posts

Profile of Futureal
The presentation of Sankey and Close are polar opposites - Sankey, for the most part, does minimalistic presentations based around key-phrases, combined with outrageous improvised comedy.

Close will often setup a premise of a trick for 3 or 4 minutes before anything happens.

Close worked at a magic restaurant where PEOPLE CAME TO SEE MAGIC for more than a decade, hence he could get away with a lot more. Sankey's stuff is designed for more, dare I say it, real-world situations.

Just different styles, for different settings.

That being said, I buy pretty much everything Close releases, and the best stuff Sankey releases.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Great point Futureal! It is neither right or wrong.
I like that factual comparative between the 2 styles.
Thanks.
zhoudumu
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
172 Posts

Profile of zhoudumu
If you saw his teaching vedio, I can garantee you that his style is a lot different when present for lay people
Quote:
On 2010-01-27 20:10, rklew64 wrote:
I'm considering on getting the Michael Close's book The Complete Worker Series and dvd set ( L&L publishing).
His book is 650 pgs. I reading very good things about it.
He seems to be underrated. And it was recommended on the latest issue of Magic Menu.
Sankey's magic is good but for some reason I don't care for some of his delivery or style.