The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Guy Hollingworth Reformation video (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
ljgrant
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of ljgrant
Quote:
On 2004-05-12 20:04, ABlair36 wrote:
Reformation was rated one of the 50 greatest magic tricks of all time. That includes Sage as well so that is quite amazing.

Who rated Reformation one of the top 50 tricks?

I'm not really disagreeing with you. I would just like to know the source.
ljgrant
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of ljgrant
Quote:
On 2004-04-17 23:15, Ambitious Card Freak wrote:
Saw it once on Ebay and the start bidding price is UK 195 Pounds. After that, I never saw that again.

What was the original list price for the video?

And how did those few who bought the video find out about it?
SamChak
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of SamChak
Reformation is truly Guy Hollingworth's masterpiece!
NiallTL
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of NiallTL
Slydini62,
give me a copy!!
I'm serious.

F.D.
magicdudey
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of magicdudey
Many many years ago at Ron MacMillians International weekend, Guy showed me this and did it just for me at the side of my car, out in the open under a street light in London and it blew me away.
I bought one there and then.
I moved house and have found it again.
I may start a bid on it somewhere.
Martin Sanderson
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1980 Posts

Profile of celebrity
A copy of the VHS is up for grabs on eBay Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3102 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
When I have seen this on video (I know different then live) to me it looks "movey" even in Guy's incredible hands. A display of skill rather than magic.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
929 Posts

Profile of Martino
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3102 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
That's quite a deal especially this side of the pond
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
929 Posts

Profile of Martino
Movey or not, it's still, in my opinion, the best version of torn and restored card currently available. There are others that come close (Wayne Houchin's version for example) but none have yet raised the bar on Guy's original.

Incidentally, if you want to learn Reformation, buy Guy's book "Drawing Room Deceptions". Read the description through a few times then go back and watch either the Youtube clip from World's Greatest Magic or from his old VHS tape "Routines". You'll get it!

ljgrant, it was shown on the TV programme "The 50 Greatest Magic Tricks" which was I believe produced by John Fisher. I think the tricks were voted for by members of the Magic Circle or something?!
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3102 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I have the book, read the description, seen the youtube performances, it is awesome but not for me.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1980 Posts

Profile of celebrity
The video tutorial differs slightly than the book version on one step. Guy does a great job of teaching it in both but the video made things a lot more clear for me personally. So far there are three people watching the eBay sale no bids so far Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

SmittyWitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Fairhaven, MA
325 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
Bidding up close to $240. Worth it? For a VHS?
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1980 Posts

Profile of celebrity
The Video didn't sell so is re-listed at half the price! Smile

Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On 2011-07-09 14:17, celebrity wrote:
The Video didn't sell so is re-listed at half the price! Smile

not availavle for except UK... well.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1980 Posts

Profile of celebrity
If this doesn't sell this time round I'll consider shipping outside the UK pm me if your interested and I'll keep you in the loop!

;)

Kendrix
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Kendrix
What does that say about your ethics that you don't mind bidding on a "copy" of the VHS? I have an original of the trick and it offends me that folks seems to think its OK to pirate his work.
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
Here's a random example of the legitimate use of the word "copy": "Pre-Order Your Copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic Today for Early Access to the MMO" (from GameSpy.com, June 21, 2011). I presume that GameSpy is not selling pirated copies, but are instead using the word "copy" to denote that the book mentioned is, in fact, one of many duplicates, as opposed to,say, the unique manuscripts written by monks in medieval times.

Presumably the seller above is using this word with the same meaning.
Savels
View Profile
New user
circa 1730
51 Posts

Profile of Savels
Mr. Hollingworth has a lecture scheduled on Aug. 2nd here in Los Angeles at the Magic Apple. I hope he performs this trick at the lecture. I'd be surprised if he discusses the methodology.
Savels
View Profile
New user
circa 1730
51 Posts

Profile of Savels
As an update to the lecture regarding the Reformation DVD.

Mr. Hollingworth did perform and explain pieces from Drawing Room Deceptions and did the same with a gambling piece from his show. Maybe a couple other bits. Upon request, he did perform Reformation and explained his history with it, but stated that the explanation of the method would take too long for the time allotted. He said he might consider in the future putting out another DVD with a revised version of Reformation....someday. Not sure if that is a priority for him right now since he is performing his one man show.

Very articulate speaker and definitely knows how to break down a method to the student.

He also displayed the most graceful and scary talented card dexterity. I was just thinking how many years of practice he must have dedicated to get to his skill level.

Savels