The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: The Invisible Hand by Michel (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1714 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Is it possible to perform straight away only with the device (invisible hand)
or do I need the extra attachments for performance?

when I try to use it I have some problems.. and it doesn't work the way it should..
I can't help myself.. do I need to attach something to reach the "right lengh"
do I need the attachment kit for performing? is it possible that my jacket is to tight?

kind regards
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
ArtIn,
Did you buy the DVDs? They should teach you everything you're asking.
Regards,
Silverthorne
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1714 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I only bought the device (first)..
the dvds will follow and the kit of attachments also..
I don't like this kind of money making "chain-buying-concept" but you can't pass it by.. (i mean you will mayby buy the device (in a single package).. you then need the dvds to figure out the possibilities.. and the dvd then show you that you will also need to buy the kit of attachments!

why they don't sell anything together in a big package???)
----------
for my question.

I figured out that my jacket was to tight for the right control..
I start loving it.. you can use it everytime for everything! switching objects.. no problem anymore.. you can show your hands empty after its done..

it is possible to do a few things without the dvds and the set if you already have some pulls and stuff to stick to the device.. a raven for example will work fine!

kind regards
Magic1man
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Magic1man
Stevens Magic sells the whole set together!

http://stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=10956
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1714 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Yesterday I received the Kit of Attachments.. and I performed the Squeeker Spongballs right away for my Girlfriend (she really liked it)..
I am falling in Love with a gravity hold out..
Never again it would be the same.. I WANT TO PERFORM IT EVERYTIME..
I want to use it for EVERY EFFECT..
it is so natural.. so clean..so devilish clever.. the moves so deceptive..
today I've ordered the DVD SET and hoping to get everything out of it..
New Ideas just keep coming straight into my head..
It is sooooooooo unbelivable simple but yet the Effects possible are so lovely..

when I got this magical feeling.. I need invisible hand healing!

kind regards,

ArtIn
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5209 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Get the DVD set and get out and do some "real" magic.
The invisible hand is a huge advantage for magicians - this knowledge is very powerful for grand magic.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I love mine and use it as much as I can! I like the vanish of the coin and silk off of the spectators hand, priceless!!!!!
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1714 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
The silk story.. combine it with a thumb tip and really fool some magicians Smile

just to share the idea for those who did'nt know exactly what I mean..

make the first vanish good old fashioned..
let a smaller silk vanish in your fist..
let it reappear good old fashioned..
now press the silk into your thumb and let it vanish again..
(this time with the thumb tip together!)
so on...
for the third time leave the TT in your trousers pocket..
and for the final change the silk..

you will love the faces.. searchin for the *** thumb tip Smile
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
I bought just the Invisible Hand without the DVD's. Probably a mistake. Although I really loved the idea, I found the handling tough. The clip takes some force to open & attaching it to any item isn't exactly easy either. Eventually the clip sheared clean off! I'll probably get around to fixing something else to the end at some point, but for now I've found the Trabucco holdout to be wonderful & by far the most natural in use.
Can anyone say whether purchasing the ridiculously expensive DVD's will help with the Invisible hand? Anyone else broke theirs?
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
It's best to buy the DVD's before getting the Invisible Hand or accesories. I find all the accesories easily obtainable for next to nothing. The Invisible hand is clever, but nothing new. It can also be easily made. Best DVD's on holdout I've seen so far.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

I'll invest in the DVD's I think. I'm still toying with the idea of attaching the end of a universal pull to it rather than the alligator clip. I found the clip really difficult to open without obvious tell tale signs that something was in my hand. Can anyone say if the DVD's cover this at all? Anyone had any other thoughts on alternatives to the clip?
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Don't get an alternative to the clip. Wait until you get the DVD. The clip will allow you to make your Invisible Hand universal. The DVD will cover everything you need to know, and even a history lesson on pulls. It's loaded with lots of information that you will find super valuable.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I've played around with various gravity hold-outs, and I believe that the Invisible Hand concept is the best hold-out on the market today. There is absolutely nothing you can't do with it. Not like with some other hold-outs on the market that are over-priced and are limited to what they can do.

The DVD is gold! I do recommend buying the DVD first. You may already be using a gravity hold-out similiar to the Invisible Hand. If not, making one is very cheap and beneficial because you can really customize it to you and your performance style. I find the wieght is very important to each indavidual, as is the length, and the strength of the line used. Having my own customized universal gravity hol-out has eliminated any need for me to use any other hold-out.

It is my best purchase for 2009
The Futurist
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of The Futurist
I got an IH too Smile Also I got the Hold Out Miracles book for £3 because I could not then go on and afford the DVD set... not yet anyway. It's a good little book. There's diagrams of clips for cards and stuff. The card clip effect makes me smile; the magician introduces three new cards into a stack of ten, confounding the spectator who is assigned the task of counting them... in a spirit of lighthearted fun rather than spooky 'mind-control', of course.

Quote:
On 2009-10-21 10:59, UncleBunkle wrote:
I'll invest in the DVD's I think. I'm still toying with the idea of attaching the end of a universal pull to it rather than the alligator clip. I found the clip really difficult to open without obvious tell tale signs that something was in my hand. Can anyone say if the DVD's cover this at all? Anyone had any other thoughts on alternatives to the clip?

Some of the attachments in this book simply have a tab of leather or similar material grasped between the jaws of the clip, attached to a bit of string that in turn attaches to whatever the imagination can come up with, I guess: sure, the alligator clip itself is very limited in the types of things it can grasp, but it will do as a 'proof of concept' for those of us anxious to try out our new holdouts Smile
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
The clip gives the IH the ability to interchange the gimmicks making the hold-out universal. For those not familiar with hold-outs, or are new to the concept, I would highly recommend getting the DVD. Otherwise you are flying only on one wing. Smile
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Thanks Dan, all good advice. Gonna get the DVD's in a couple of weeks. Probably will have to get a new unit too unless I can weld the clip back on!
George Alexander
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong / UK
71 Posts

Profile of George Alexander
Does fitting this Vernet holdout ruin the inside of your jacket?

George
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
There is a way to hide the holdout within your coat (shown on the DVDs) which I think would be a little hard on the fabric. I've chosen instead to "hang" it within my coat using safety pins to attach small metal rings at the turn points (for example, under each arm). This makes the holdout almost frictionless and much faster, since you are looking for speed in most uses. My jacket is unaffected by it using this method.

Also, as stated above, the DVDs are some of the best produced DVDs I've ever seen.
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of David Alexander
The DVD set is wonderful and Michel is a fine and talented performer who is charming to watch. I was honored when he asked me if he could include pictures of me doing the Martin/Frakson Round Birdcage which he put in the last DVD.

I am extremely impressed with his take on the Vanishing Birdcage. He handles it beautifully. It stuns audiences.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

I purchased the accessories & the DVD's a while ago now & I must say they are fantastic. Such a wide range of effects are possible. Only one issue - not all of the attachments vanish cleanly without snagging (ball holder is a fine example). I had my jacket altered but still can't use some of the accessories. If my s*****s get any bigger they will start to look silly. Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions?