The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: The Magic of Nefesch 3 double volume set (6 dvds) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Dear Christopher,
Thank you very much both for your great in-depth review BUT also for your great ideas on some of the effects of the DVD.
Best,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think this is important work on these DVD's.

Nefesch's full rotuines are wonderful, but I wanted to offer some streamlined tips for folks like me that have to work faster than a formal show and pocket management is an issue.

It's easy to get a DVD, watch it and think "I love that, but it's a longer routine than I want to do" etc. I want folks to use the magic instead of selling the DVD right off the bat.

I know folks want value for their mioney and get mad when I say things like this, but I think that first volume was worth the price of the set.

Here's something I came up with while working on the phone in ballon effect: have the phone set to vibrate. A ringing phone creates interest. A vibrating phone on a table makes noise. A vibrating phone in a balloon on a table makes noise and..THE BALLOON MOVES!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
Does anyone know if the card in bottle is similar to the one in Mac's Lucid Dreams book?
Verifythisnow
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Verifythisnow
I don't own Lucid Dreams, but I highly, highly doubt it.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Quote:
Here's something I came up with while working on the phone in ballon effect: have the phone set to vibrate. A ringing phone creates interest. A vibrating phone on a table makes noise. A vibrating phone in a balloon on a table makes noise and..THE BALLOON MOVES!

What an amazing idea!!!
Thanks for sharing this... Another cool idea is that if you have a briefcase you could combine ballooned with No More Kids Parties... pm me if you have any questions about it.
Best,
Titanas
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm going to review Volume 2. I've been enjoying the by play between Titanas and Nefesch. They have great senses of humor and are very playful without being annoying. I like them both very much.

Here's a tip in watching these DVD's. Watch the performance, then the explanation and then the performance again.

Volume 2, Impossible Magic:

Frozen: Signed coin to ice cube:
A borrowed coin is signed or marked by the spectator, Nefesch does some nice routining here and drops the coin into the spectators hand, but it's now encased in ice. This miracle would be very applicable to working in a pub or restaurant ( where you can keep multiple set ups prepared ).

Prr: Palm Reading Revelation:
Borrowed ( if wanted ) freely shuffled deck of cards. Spectator looks through the cards and thinks of one, the deck is out aside ( all the while the Magi's head is turned away).

There was some street performances by a good looking young fellow that turned out to be Nefesh, all cleaned up for the ladies, on the streets of El Salvador. All performed in his Native tongue ( which sounded beautiful ). Then back to the Studio to perform it for Titanas.

I LOVE this effect. I "got" it when it was done in Spanish and I smiled because it's beautiful and intimate.

A couple of thoughts. First, make it easy on yourself and perform this on women. They WANT to believe in this, so you're half way there. And run and get Richard Osterlind's book 'Making Magic Real'. If you believe this is real, they will believe it's real.

This is a free selection. I find many times spectators forget their card. They aren't used to playing cards ( like folks were 30 years ago ). In non-signed card effects, I ALWAYS have them place the card in their pocket. It's good for forgetful spectators and people that want to mess you up.

Also, if this appeals to anyone, but you just don't think you can "sell" it, use training wheels. Use a one way forcing deck. They can't shuffle the deck, but they get a free choice ( it seems ). They put it in their pocket, you put the deck in your pocket ( and can do a deck switch when you bring the deck back out after.

Now, you know the card. Follow the routine just as it is and you can feel at ease because you can't miss. As you get comfortable with patter and the routine, do it with a shuffled real deck.

Clean Hands: Coin to soap with an awesome ending:
A signed coin is placed on a wrapped bar of soap. A freely selected card is placed over the the coin and the coin vanishes. The soap is opened and the coin is inside the wrapper and...carved in the soap is the the revelation of what the freely chosen card is. No force and KILLER mehtod.

Nefesch has more touches to it that make it a real performance piece.

Rebeled Match: Traveling match routine. This was a long routine, with singed matches, restorations, etc. Not my type of effect, so I'll let others comment.

Skin: Card revelation on spectator's arm. Spectator chooses a card on the revelation is found on the back of the spectators hand in 3D. I've of course done htis type of effect with the revelation on me ( Tim Trono's Branded ). Nefesch routined a way to make the impression on their hand. Very cool.

T&R From Hell: An impossible signed T&R routine on the table ( You have to be seated ).
This wasn't filmed well at all and you have to sort of guess what's happening. I think they went for an artistic view and it was hard to see clearly what was happening. Fortunately the explanation section you to see just how good it is, so when I went back, I got it. If it had been filmed clearly, I would have been blown away.

The method is diabolical. Once you're set up, you could do it with a borrowed, shuffled deck. There is one moment that would freak people out ( a torn scetion of the card mysteriously slides along the table to join another torn piece ).

Draw duplications: 2 variations of Titanas's impromptu draw duplications. Titanas is a mentalist and is very good at it. I like his style. I hope he puts out a DVD with his mentalist routines.

Russian Roulette ( with soda cans): From a group of cans of soda, with the magi's back turned, the spectator shakes one can and then mixes them all around so no one knows where it is. Magi finds the shaken one ( by opening it and soda overflows out of the can, while inside a plastic bag ). Easy method that would be perfect for TV.

FMachine: not performed, but explained. In the right situation, they'll think you are REAL Magic. They discuss using Euros, I don't know about U.S. currency. Anyone in the U.S. try this yet?

Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Cristopher,
I am really Glad that you are enjoying the Dvds.

Let me tell you that I really love your ideas on performing the Effects with diferent ways, giving them "your own touch".

This is exactly the original idea that we had with Titanas when we decided to start this project. All of the effects have been performed in my street magic show, where I perform them the way I feel comfortable doing it. And thru the DVDS we said several times, the most important thing when performing something is feeling comfortable while performing it "your own way". Which is exactly what we encourage everybody to do with these and any other effects.

I trully apreciate and like very much your ideas, it clearly seems that you are "a magic thinker".

Thank you very much for your reviews and your comments, all of them are more than welcome.

I am really expecting to see your comments on DVD 3 soon.

Lets keep in touch.

I wish you all the best

Nefesch
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1251 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Nefesch, I bought your Hatching awhile back, and I absolutely love the creative approach to magic that you have. I haven't yet performed it, but I know I will at some point. I just think it is such a beautiful piece of bewitching magic! I just saw your demo of Glastion, and watched it, as Christopher said, from a layman's point of view ( I HAD to--I just can't imagine having the first clue to how it is done) and I was almost rolling on the floor laughing at the wonder of it! It is NOT POSSIBLE! These DVDs are on my must buy list. Long setups or not, thanks for your incredibly fresh approach. Your non-linear mind is a boon to the art, man. Wonderful stuff.

Seth
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'll have my review of volume 3 up tomrrow. I’m sorry it took me so long, but this Nefesch has me wanting to try to figure out what he’s doing before I go to the next effect. I’d say he’s more like a Wizard than a “pick a card” Magician.

I LOVE these DVD's.

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 11:37pm
First off, the principle behind the Bowling effect on Volume 3 was worth the price of the entire set. He could have marketed as a single effect DVD or manuscript.

S.O.S.: Open a soda can with the power of your mind.

Ok, this is what happens. A borrowed can of soda pops open, on its own, by the Magician using his mind. The Magician could be across the room.

Well…the can is borrowed and the work is done right in front of them before the effect happens. After that, you could be as far as away as you wanted. If you put in the time to learn it, you have a miracle.

Blood: The performer cries blood and the blood forms the revelation of the spectator's thought.

You cry blood or do it as a revelation. I wouldn’t do it, but I’m glad I saw it and know how it works.

Thread: Control a borrowed piece of thread with the power of your mind.

It’s actually string you borrow and as you hold it up, the lower end snakes upward and into your other hand. Since the string is borrowed, it would play very well.

CAN: Impromptu mentalism routine making a spectator stand on a borrowed can with an impossible twist.

A borrowed can of soda is poured out. The pop top is removed. The spectator signs the top of the can. First ,the magician gives an example of suggestion by having the spec close their hand into a fist around the pop top and …they are unable to open their hand. Then....a suggestion that they are light as a feather and they stand on the can without it crushing.

They then get off the can, open their fist and the pop top is bent. Then…they are given a suggestion their weight has returned. They stand on the can and the can crushes.

There are “conditions” to perform this ( spectator weight, etc. ) but it’s not difficult to learn. It's an acting piece.

Bowling: A Mentalism prediction of a bowling game.

I spent a week trying to come up with how he did it ( and failed ). Brilliant and powerful. There are gimmicks that can accomplish this and…now you don’t need them. The prediction in a sealed envelope before the effect started.

No more kid's parties: Inflate a balloon with the power of your mind.
Well, the balloon does inflate on it's own ( ok, you help it along in a clever fashion )

Psy Car: Move a car with the power of your mind.

Well..you need to have the car be a standard transmission. This would be a way to amaze frinds or family or...relatives. Unless you could convince stranger to let you sit in their car with thme and do it. The TV guys could use this easily.

Folks should get this set to see some incredible magic with dibolical methods. A couple I will add to what. The ones I won't use, I still got allot out of seeing and learning the methods.

I took a long time watching this set because I was baffled by so much of it. I can get a 4 DVD set of card and coin magic and watch it in one evening.

The Nefesch set was like I had a box of chocoalte and wanted it to last as long as I could.

Titanas did a marvelous job as moderator. During the teaching sections. He let Nefesch explain the methods and only jumped in to clarify something to facilitate the learning.

Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Thank you very much Cristopher for your Honest reviews, I am really Glad that you have enjoyed them, it was a very very big project and a very hard work we did on this productions together with my partner Titanas.

Btw, about Bowling, hopefully soon we will be releasing some material that uses the same principle (psy ink). And I really hope you enjoy it, this is a very particular principle to use in mentalism effects.

Thank you again Cristopher.

Nefesch
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
For Teh Bowling Ball Effect:
I think mailing the envelope to a client and then doing the prediction at the show increases the power of the effect. It is now a sealed envelope, delivered by the Post Office, days before the show. WOW!

Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
I created a download section in my site. Where single effects from the set can be purchased.
http://www.titanasmagic.com/dloads.html
Have a look, you may find something interesting there.
Best,
Titanas
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
685 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
First time I feel confused.....
But Christopher making great review,
Thanks for the review........
Nefesch & Titanas I think I will buy this product.........
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think anyone getting this DVD set will find some wonderful material to make their own. It will definitely get you thinking about creating your own magic and using common, everyday objects and material.

Airave
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
137 Posts

Profile of Airave
I just bit the bullet and ordered the set-
at the sacrifice of other wishes and peace at home!

But have been watching this for a long time
and the opinions of Christopher and others
have inspired me to "go for it".

This is really my kind of Magic...
hope I can pull it off and do it Justice
where it really counts.

Néfesch, You and Mr T both Rock from all I've seen
and so have faith in this investment. Good Vibes!

Will review in due time.
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Quote:
On 2008-08-29 15:42, Airave wrote:
I just bit the bullet and ordered the set-
at the sacrifice of other wishes and peace at home!

But have been watching this for a long time
and the opinions of Christopher and others
have inspired me to "go for it".

This is really my kind of Magic...
hope I can pull it off and do it Justice
where it really counts.

Néfesch, You and Mr T both Rock from all I've seen
and so have faith in this investment. Good Vibes!

Will review in due time.

Hey Airave, thanks for writing, I am totally sure that you will enjoy the Set.
I will be waiting for your review.

And I will be telling you all very soon of my upcomming release, which I am sure all of you will enjoy as well.

All the best
Nefesch
Airave
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
137 Posts

Profile of Airave
Thank You, Néfesch!

I was in my Studio and missed the mail today,
but received a message that I can pick up my
package tomorrow morning at the post office....

12 hours from now I'll be watching and learning! Smile

Talk to you again soon.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Wow!!!
that's the faster deliver I ve ever heard from a customer.
Happy watching!!
Titanas
Airave
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
137 Posts

Profile of Airave
Thank You, Titanas for great and personal service
and to both of you for all of the great work and presentations!
Of course it will take a few days to watch this all, but so far
am amazed and very pleased! The two of you compliment each other
very well and make a great team.

Hatching and Glastion do take some work, but the effects
are so worth it. Once you get it down you could make several
gimmicks in an evening. With a little bit of research I will
happily buy a couple of cases of the right drink(s) to keep
on hand at home, in the Studio and in the car, etc..
The method and thinking behind it are just crazy amazing!!!

Coinetration is something I'll be doing anytime I'm out
or have guests at home. It is just such a super opening trick
that can be used so off-hand and spontainious. Perfect.

Sweet Card.... Not my favorite for several reasons.... But!
The idea is something to let boil on the back burner for awhile.
I am sure glad to have learned it and hope to use the concept
in some other way perhaps.

Balooned: hehehe! Very nice. The handling of the baloon being
blown up made me suspicious. I have yet to try it though.
When I do might try it standing using The Gecko.... Smile

CAPture, I just love it! I'm always wearing either a cap
or cowboy stye hat and will much wear out of this routine.
I was suspicious of the first vanish yet the second came up
very clean- same with the 3rd and 4th. A lay person wouldn't
begin to suspect though. I like this one a lot. Also easy to
set up and use any old time. Nice.

Crispes. After watching this I added a case of snack-sized
chips to my shopping list (saves money, gets more done the
smaller size- any easier to just "have on hand"). The method...
is just sweet and inspires my creativity, Thank You!

Love the addition of your Coin Bends, Titanas!

Several times I thought I knew what was going on
but was always surprized and learned something new.
Volume one alone is amazing. Buy the set.

Will add my thoughts as I progress.
Peace and Love to all.
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Has anyone confirmed that the bottles for Glastion are available in the US?
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com