The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Party animal dvd - short review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
mjdowden
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mjdowden
Hello all,

Just thought I would post a quick message to say thank you very much for all your support and nice comments. I really wanted to put out a DVD that people found both practical and enjoyable, and to hear some of your positive feedback is great.

I really enjoyed making it which I think you can probably tell from some of the footage (I've had more than a few comments about the girl who seems to be having trouble keeping her top shut Smile ). Also Peter Nardi and the team at Alakazam are all fantastic and fun to work with, not forgetting Russ Stevens who filmed it all.

Anyway, once again, thank you for buying it and being so nice, and I hope to bump into you all at Blackpool next year.

Many thanks

Matthew
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Thank you Matthew for all the great effects and the time it took you to put them all on DVD. I love this set and recommend it to anyone who want's to add some great effects to their performance.

BTW Add me to the positive comments list for the magical self opening shirt. Smile

Thanks again my friend,
Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Well the demo didn't get me excited, but...I had some folks tell me how good this DVD set was so I decided to get it.

I have always felt if you got a 19 DVD set and there was one effect that killed, it was worth it.

This set has that and allot more. Matthew's take on the Anniversary Waltz allows it for strolling and in the hands ( no table needed ). FANTASTIC!

He does a move using the Erdnase Color Change that I have never seen and it is incredible. If you palm cards and do card to wallet, this is a killer move.

He has an incredible, charismatic performing style ( which the demo does show ).

Incredible DVD set!!!

Details are here:
http://www.theastonishmentproject.com/sh......_id=8340
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
jonxodus
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
320 Posts

Profile of jonxodus
Cant say anything but good things about this DVD, packed with real work routines and love his style of magic. Even if you don't do any of the tricks, his DVD is just so entertaining and will teach people a thing or two about performing.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm still watching this set. I can't believe I almost missed it. It is one of the best DVD (2) ever released. I think his touches on Chicago Opener take it to another level. Peppered throughout the DVD are tips, tocuhes, little things that will propel your magic to another level.

I'm in awe each time I watch it!!

mjdowden
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mjdowden
Thanks again!! Glad you weren't disappointed Alan! Cheers
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
Without a doubt this is one of the best DVD releases of the last years.
You don't own it? Go and buy it!

Greetings from Germany
Daniel
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Best DVD of last year? How can I missed that one? Thanks
Cards never lie
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Its great
I've only just started using the card at any number/ drink trick
it plays great together!
matthew....when can we get our hands on your next magic release??
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Click on a dealer banner on the front page that helps supoort the Café ( they are the juice that keeps the motor running here ) and get this DVD set.

mjdowden
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mjdowden
Once again...thanks everyone!! Regarding my next DVD release, it might be a while because I refuse to bring anything else out until I am happy that I have enough good new stuff to follow the first DVD. You have all been so kind in your reviews and comments that I feel it would be the wrong thing to do to rush another release. Having said that I do have some ideas and I will of course let you know when they come together to form a new DVD.
By the way, if any of you see me in Southport be sure to come and say hello and we'll talk magic! Smile
fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
Party Animal has been my best dvd buy this year, Strong workable routines combined with clever streamlined thinking. This is one of those dvd sets I watch over and over. Matthew has a very good muscle pass.
Can't wait for more
Thanks
Tim
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Any one that does an ACR, there is a popular Marlo move where you swing cut the deck, and slide the signed card froward, secretly dropping off a card on top. Well, Matthew has a touch on it that is quite brilliant. You can show the singularity of the signed card before going on with the routine.

rubadubdub
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of rubadubdub
Wes James move Christopher.

Coming up in the world first published by Garcia in the 70s

jc
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-09-08 19:09, rubadubdub wrote:

jc

Oh my. Someone told me it was a Marlo move years ago. I should have investigated before quoting it. Thanks!!

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-09-08 19:09, rubadubdub wrote:

jc

I checked Mike Amamar's rotuine and he credits Marlo with the move.

Maybe Wes James can be asked ( he's a Café member ).

joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17429 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2007-09-08 21:19, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:

Oh, Daniel wasn't even born then....Oh, you mean Frank... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
mjdowden
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mjdowden
Glad you liked my subtlety on the Wesley James move Chris!
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
I see many references to other similar effects. Let me ask you, do you need this prior knowledge for handling sake or can you learn all the effects without prior knowledge. Will there be sleights/methods, not shown ala use your favorite method, that will be needed to perform any and all on this DVD set or can it all be learned from the discs?
swtrocks
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
206 Posts

Profile of swtrocks
Matthew is a wonderful teacher and includes extensive explanations for the lesser seen/more advanced sleights. However, knowledge of certain basic sleights are required. Some of the effects will be within the reach of beginners given they put in the work, but intermediate card handlers are the ones that will get the most out of this set.

- Wayne