The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: "The Real Work on Restaurants and Bars" Sankey DVD... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
Quote:
On 2006-06-20 21:49, cfrancis wrote:
I, too, have had a couple of ideas about that. One of them is to use a Guarantee Joker. That way you only have to ruin one card.

Excellent idea! (Also means no clean up afterward.) There are some great effects on this DVD.....Sankey has scored a winner with this one!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Glad you like the idea. Now I actually need to use it Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
There is a lot of great stuff on here
just a shame there isn't any live footage of the performances
sankey front row was good for this, combined with some of his best effects
I'm suprised he didn't follow the same dvd style for this one?
still a good dvd anyway
B0bbY_CaT
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of B0bbY_CaT
It would be great if someone would actually review this. the preview video looks great, much of the posts here tend to concur, all we need is a review.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-07-03 07:48, B0bbY_CaT wrote:
It would be great if someone would actually review this. the preview video looks great, much of the posts here tend to concur, all we need is a review.

Buy it and you can review it.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
B0bbY_CaT
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of B0bbY_CaT
You don't agree it would be good if someone who already owns it reviews it??? (clearly there are a number of people who own it already) I would like to read an independant review by someone who owns it so I can decide if I want to buy it. is that fair?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-07-03 19:45, B0bbY_CaT wrote:
You don't agree it would be good if someone who already owns it reviews it??? (clearly there are a number of people who own it already) I would like to read an independant review by someone who owns it so I can decide if I want to buy it. is that fair?

Oh, yes. I thought the consensus is that everyone like this Sankey DVD.

B0bbY_CaT
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of B0bbY_CaT
You know what a review is right???
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Sorry, I thought you said "roo".

Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

I will post a detailed review in the next day or so.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
boinko
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
427 Posts

Profile of boinko
Keep in mind that this is currently sold out at most places. I went looking for it this weekend but no one had it in stock. Anyone know of anywhere where this is available?
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Most online magic sites still have this DVD available. Unless your referring to your local magic store. I last check http://www.mjmmagic.com and it's available.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
B0bbY_CaT
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of B0bbY_CaT
Cfrancis, look forward to your review. thank you.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

I will post it tomorrow.
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Just got home from work and purposely used Jays Blackpool effect , Guarantee and a prediction effect that involves you making two seperate predictions but the two spectators select the same card. Out of the three Guarantee is the sure fire winner. It plays really well, is so easy to do and the ending is so unexpected. I even had someone say " I didn't see that coming" the prediction effect is also simple and plays very well and gets two of your business cards on the table. I will be adding these two to my arsenal without a doubt. Plus I don't have to carry anything extra to do them. Blackpool effect on the other hand was just ok but I only got to perform it three times. Its not impromptu like the other effects. For whats involved to do it I am not finding it worth the trouble. I work tomorrow night at the retuarant again as well as doing a private show before hand. So I will try them out some more. Guarantee is the best, most practical card effect I have seen in a long time.

, Jonathan
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
This DVD is a wonderful learning tool with a bunch of really great tricks on it. Highly recommended
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2006-07-06 21:54, Cameron Francis wrote:
I will post it tomorrow.

Let us never forget what a liar Cameron Francis is.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

I did post a detailed review somewhere... I really like this dvd. Blackpool Effect was worth the price.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The Blackpool Effect is brilliant. Try it once and you'll do it forever.

Chris

John Palazzo
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
136 Posts

Profile of John Palazzo
I've searched around the Café and used Google to look for a good description of Guaranteed from this DVD. Can't find one. Can someone point me in the right place or post a description? And is this a sleights-only effect and / or impromptu?

Thanks much, John
PM me if you want to chat sometime.