The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Hit the Road (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Hey jonathan

How is it that you know guy's float pass, but you don't know what a laymen is.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-06-12 22:47, Chris Keppel wrote:
Hey jonathan

How is it that you know guy's float pass, but you don't know what a laymen is.

Nice catch!!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I remeber this dvd, not the greatest stuff, but ok if you like simple tricks.
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
Bad quality, tons of filler, mediocre tricks, horrible facial expressions(lol) and doughnut stuffing.

On the plus side, Nathan Kranzo, and uhhhh, uhhhh, guess that was it. Oh yeah, Regal wasn't bad either.

All in all, I didn't like it and sold my copy. I bought it to see the flourishes, and needless to say, there wasn't a single one worth while.

Phantom
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
I liked this DVD. Some of the tricks were great, others were average. But overall, I didn't buy it because I wanted to learn the greatest trick of all time. I bought it because I wanted to see 2 people who I respect in magic (Asher and Wilson) and see some of their friends (who I might not normally be aware of) and see some different performing styles.

I hope that Asher and Wilson do another "Hit the road" DVD of all East Coast magic !

David
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
bumbleface
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of bumbleface
Quote:
On 2004-06-13 03:32, phantomace wrote:
Bad quality, tons of filler, mediocre tricks, horrible facial expressions(lol) and doughnut stuffing.

On the plus side, Nathan Kranzo, and uhhhh, uhhhh, guess that was it. Oh yeah, Regal wasn't bad either.

All in all, I didn't like it and sold my copy. I bought it to see the flourishes, and needless to say, there wasn't a single one worth while.

Phantom

Quick question: Personally, what do you consider bad quality? I thought the DVD was of great quality considering the other stuff on the market today....
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
For all the people dissing about the quality. What do you expect from a normal camera. Wasnt like they were driving around with a 6000.00 camera or anything. The quality was nice for what they used to record. Also it was a nice change compared to all the other dvd's. Its cool to see a lot of different people showing there stuff. For you all talking bad about the flourishes. Who ever said this was a flourish dvd. Just because the buck twins did some doesn't mean the other 20 people were doing flourishes. that's like bashing a coin video because the one card effect wasnt killer. Its not trying to be a flourish dvd. All in all I think the dvd was nice. I mean come on. When have you all ever used every trick you see on a dvd. A lot of people look at it as if you get one strong trick, its worth the price of the dvd. How many of us have spent 40,50 even 100.00 on a trick and its strait crap and we never use it again. We most likely all have. I know I have dropped some cash on some things and you get it a week later and its crap. Or its something that they charged you 100.00 for and it looks like you could make it for 2.00 or less. I personally didn't expect the video to be top quality because they used a normal camera. Even with the camera they used the quality wasnt bad enough to not buy the video. For the guy that said he turned it off after 10 minutes. Your loss. Keep watching and you may have found something that you like, or could change to make something you like. I like ashers stuff and I'm not just saying it because he is a friend of mine. I plan on checking all his new stuff out along with all the great guys he had on the video. Thanks lee. Keep em coming strong.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber