The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: New Lennart Green DvDs Finally Released !!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
holytoledo36
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of holytoledo36
How are the false shuffles? Are they practical and well taught?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think #6 that teaches his laser deal and Xtram may be worth it. The others seem to be a rehash of his previous works.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Here's how to get the best of Lennart, for the least amount of money:

1. Buy Green Magic Volume 1
2. Buy the Snap Deal Booklet
3. Buy Green Magic Volume 4 (Green Shuffle alone, well practiced and mastered, is well worth the price of the DVD.)

That way you'll save money, and get the best of it all. Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Actually buy VOLUME 6: QUINTESSENTIAL GREEN to learn the snap deal.

mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
You can learn it a lot better from the booklet, but you get routines you can use with it on volume 6. Smile
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
Thanks for the review Alexhui!

Anyone else care to give a review? I'm particularly interested in the volume on "false shuffles" (volume 4), and also to a certain extent, volume 5. Are they value for money?
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
On volume 4 with the false shuffles, the Green shuffle, the false Rosetta shuffle, and the false Angle Riffle are the best. For walk around, the Green shuffle works excellently. For when your sitting around with friends, and you really want to fry them, the False Rosetta works beautifully Smile and the false Angle Riffle is also excellent.
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
Green Shuffle is basically similar to Jerry Andrus's Satan shuffle, though Green's seems to be more advanced technique.

Yes, you can learn some good shuffles from Shuffling Green volume. So if you are really into shuffle work, get it.

Though it seems that my comments in this thread is a little bit negative, I have no intention to persuade you not to buy the videos. Instead, if you want to have a close look at some original sleights by Green, you should buy. But again, these DVDs are not for everyone taste.

Alex Hui
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
Laser Deal sounds good. Smile

I've always wondered how he did it in WGM 4.

I wonder if the amateur performer can actually manage to pull it off. I have an "idea" of how it works but it looks pretty hard.

:wavey:

I'll see if I can pick any of these up.
I would, however contest that there is in REALITY very little pportunity to perform what could actually be termed "close-up" magic.
- Guy Hollingworth
holytoledo36
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of holytoledo36
I finally got my Vol. 4 thru 6 of Green's and there are some things I love about it, and some frustrations.
What I love is that is ideas are really well thought out and there are some definite gems there such as the Green Shuffle and the Royal Flush gambling routine.

Now for the frustration, which before I say it, I'll say I don't regret my purchase.

When he explains the effects, there seems to be a lot of stuff either left our or told in a non-sequential method. It kind of reminds me of my old college lectures where the teacher would be a genius, but when it came to explaining it you are like that was way over my head. For example, one of his explanations is for his trademark green shuffle. There's one part he would have completely skipped over if Paul Wilson who sat through the explanations didn't say, “Make sure you explain this...'' Sometimes it feels as if all the ingredients that go into the trick are being shown, but it's difficult to see how to put it all together. Would be like a famous chef explaining his secret recipe and saying it just needs eggs, sugar, water and flower but doesn't say what to do with it.

In short, I loved the first three volumes, which I've gotten a few tricks out of and I love his routines, and there is some great ideas on the cuts and shuffles. It's just when he is explaining the routines, it seems like I have to pause, rewind and figure out what I just missed more than usual.

Anyway, just had to get that off my chest. Not bashing the volumes but just knocking a little steam off. Did anyone else get the same feeling?
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Laser Deal takes a little practice, but now I'm doing it just like Lennart. Smile
WillyWombat
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of WillyWombat
I am interested in the volume 4 DVD. Are the false shuffles suitable for a beginner or is the DVD aimed at a more experienced performer?
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Lennart Green is in no way, shape, or form suitable for someone new to magic. Try the Card College series for a great "course" in card magic.
Who is John Galt?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
His is pretty advanced stuff. Fun to watch even if you're not at that level, though.