The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Derren Brown's The Devil's Picturebook (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Sybilmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
277 Posts

Profile of Sybilmagic
JB Magic have copies of the devils picture book either ring or JBtv.com I saw them about a month ago whan I was in the shop
hmk
View Profile
New user
uk
68 Posts

Profile of hmk
From a mentalists point of view its great...but if you like cards.if not there is not much point in buying it.
good luck.
hmk
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
Is there a trick on this tape where a card turns into rose petals?
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Yes...zamiel's rose. very similar to his trick zamiel's card in pure effect.
shahin
View Profile
New user
Germany
92 Posts

Profile of shahin
Yes welschwizard, its called "Zamiels Card", what a beautiful effect!

Shahin
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1387 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
The card to rose effect is also described in Absolute Magic.. Not the Zamiels Card portion of it.. just the concept of the card to petals, the evolution and motivation of the idea, and a very nice presentation that frames the card to petals transformation in a meaningful context.
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
I think I may buy Absolute Magic. I didn't really enjoy pure effect much though. Thanks for the help.
Creanada
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Creanada
You didn't enjoy Pure Effect? I'm shocked! It's hard to dislike Absolute Magic though, it's a brilliant book.
chiz
View Profile
New user
Liverpool, England
94 Posts

Profile of chiz
I loved pure effect, and absolute magic!

If the reason you didn't like pure effect was because you were expecting more effects in it (compared to some other books) then I can understand that. However personally I prefer it when a book only contain well thought out magic, and the author refrains himself from putting extra stuff in there just to fill the book up.

Absolute magic is all about derren's perception of magic, and his thoughts on how you should think about more than just technique and 'patter' to achieve what you ultimately want to in magic. There are no effects in the book, but there are presentation suggestions on numerous effects. So if you're looking for effects, then this probably isn't the book for you!

_______
Ben