The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Matthew Wright. 'The Unusual Suspect' dvd (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2099 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Where do I find these "mint packets" at, are they in stores in the USA or where are they online? I put in mint packets on Amazon and did not see them come up. What is the offical name and brand? DVD looks good hope to get it soon.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of Matthew Wright
All the details about the mint packets are on the DVD. Many thanks for your interest.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2099 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Cool man thanks.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
I enjoyed this Eugene Burgerish dvd and think Matt is a brught new star on the magic horizon.
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Been working on the big finish card trick with good success. Thanks Matt.
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
I found this to be another just okay DVD with not that unusuak of stuff. This should not be called Unusual, but the Usual Suspects, Three fly, multiple card selection, ambitious card, etc.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1711 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I thought Matthew said some unusual things while he did the tricks!

Thank Goodness it was'nt another dvd of 'presentations' that consisted of the
opening line 'Wanna see something cool?'
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On 2010-04-29 21:23, noble1 wrote:
I found this to be another just okay DVD with not that unusuak of stuff. This should not be called Unusual, but the Usual Suspects, Three fly, multiple card selection, ambitious card, etc.

'Each to their own', but I am suprised that you found this to be just the usual suspects! I'd agree that the multiple selection is not the most unusual item ever released, but the 3fly? Logical & engaging patter, motivation for using the large coins, a short snappy routine, and a coin that travels in full view with no hands touching...!?! Mint, Mental Mullica..?

I think this DVD shows the difference between well scripted and crafted entertainment and a magic trick.

Still, if we were all the same, it would be boring!

Charlie
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Perhaps I was a little harsh.
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Big Finish card trick is a winner, sounds cliche, but worth the price of the dvd to me.
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Bumping an old thread here, but I wondered if anyone would be willing to share any alternate i***x methods for Mint?

I've got all the bits together there but wondering if anyone else has come you with a clever way of keeping everything together they wouldn't mind sharing, perhaps in PM if concerned about exposure.

Rob
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
This clip is VERY poor quality, but you can see the coin rouine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a86tcHkF_0I
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Quote:
On 2009-06-27 16:46, Andi Peters wrote:
Another DVD of a bloke in a pub doing tricks. Looks like the same old material (3 fly, multiple card selection, ambitious card) with yet another performer adding his 'unique' twist.

What's genuinely new here?

Thank you Andi for your usual negative post.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2012-05-12 00:25, Zombie Magic wrote:
This clip is VERY poor quality, but you can see the coin rouine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a86tcHkF_0I

Nicely done! The ladies looked like they were enjoying the show.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I am now interested in this DVD. Thanks for all the pros and cons about this.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Finally got around to buying and watching this DVD. I'll just echo the positive comments others have made, and agree with pretty much every word in Big Dan's review. Wright's routines build as they go along, both in terms of effect and in terms of entertainment, particularly the ones where he keeps repeating a catchphrase after each magic moment. He's a real pro with some great chops and ideas who puts entertainment first.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Hmmm I wonder if anyone is trying to sell their copy.... Really hate waiting on UK shipping... Is it avialable through a states dealer?
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
863 Posts

Profile of magico
Penguin Magic has it.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Magico do you know if they have it as a Download/ or a Download & DVD combo? I would check but I'm at work and Government computer wont let me access..
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
863 Posts

Profile of magico
DVD