The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: This Ain't About Me! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
dragee
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of dragee
Woah! The trailer is so amazing!
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Quote:
On 2009-01-06 01:06, Dorian Rhodell wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-01-05 23:29, Steven Youell wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-01-05 11:41, Dorian Rhodell wrote:
On the DVD it is just the effects but I believe the format was designed so you can learn the key sleights used in the effects independently.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell

Well that was confusing-- Dorian do you teach the sleights on the DVD?

SEY

And that's exactly why I should only post after I'm awake.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell

Been there. By the way, the DVD is now for sale. I bought one. Looking forward to it.
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Good Lord

I actually experienced an adrenaline rush....!

SEY
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6146 Posts

Profile of motown
I'm looking forward to seeing this this DVD. I thought the Buck brothers DVD had some of the best production values I've ever seen on a magic DVD. Combine that with great magic and you've got the best of both worlds.

Craig
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Quote:
On 2009-01-03 13:37, MickeyPainless wrote:
From here on out I'm gonna call you Luke!
I reckon I could also refer to Steven as Master Youellda..........

And you could be Mick 3PO! Or would you rather have a Jedi name?

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Cant wait for mine to arive!

Are all of the effects on the dvd using pughes pass?
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Dorian,

If I get a Droid name I'd much rather be R2 and NOT the annoying nervous one! Chewy is cool too! Smile

FWIW, your demo is nothing short of a Jedi mind trick! AWESOME work my friend! I'm a ways away from that level but in support of you and the desire to archive that level someday, my order will be placed!

Mick
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Still can't do the clip shift. What are the odds my apparently defective digits can have better luck with Avenue?

-A
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Dorian is an amazing magician, he is one of the card guys who scares me a bit when he performs.

He is simply amazing!

Mike
davebuck
View Profile
V.I.P.
Los Angeles
68 Posts

Profile of davebuck
The content on Avenue is fairly easy compared to Chad Nelson's Clip Shift, which I would say is one of the hardest sleights out there other than a deceptive center deal.

If you have mastered the basic sleights in card magic, such as double lifts, controls, holding breaks, false counts..., you should have no problem with Dorian's material.

Quote:
On 2009-01-08 12:25, allen_m wrote:
Still can't do the clip shift. What are the odds my apparently defective digits can have better luck with Avenue?

-A
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Quote:
On 2009-01-08 13:01, davebuck wrote:
The content on Avenue is fairly easy compared to Chad Nelson's Clip Shift, which I would say is one of the hardest sleights out there other than a deceptive center deal.

If you have mastered the basic sleights in card magic, such as double lifts, controls, holding breaks, false counts..., you should have no problem with Dorian's material.

OK, I'm in.

Thanks for the reply.
Juan Martinez
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Juan Martinez
Quote:

I believe the DVD is $35.00. I could be mistaken though. It might actually be more like $100 billion dollars but somehow I don't think it will make the best sellers list. I know for sure it's available 01-06-09. For more information please visit http://www.dananddave.com. $0.25 cents for the first minute $9.95 every minute thereafter. Children under 17 not admitted without a parent.

Best,

Dorian (nice hair) Rhodell

Just letting you guys know, I reviewed the DVD on the reviews page. The review was also posted on dananddave.com and on theory11.com to get the word out.

Juan Martinez
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Hi everyone,

Again thanks for all the kind words. I did post this in the So Happy Together section as well but here goes anyway.

On Wed. January 28th, I will be performing / lecturing at Misdirections Magic Shop.

Check out http://www.misdirections.com for more details.

So pack up the rotten tomatoes and let 'em rip!

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
I finally got a chance to watch the explanations and tricks more than once.

The material is top flight. The sleights are a collection of the old and the new. Dorian has pulled his mechanics from a wide variety of sources. This is like having a real expert read dozens of magic books and select some of the very finest tools for you to digest.

The magic presented on Avenue will not be learned quickly or by many.

Those that choose to add any of these dynamite effects to their bag of tricks will add immeasurably to their arsenal, on many levels.

Great job! The Buck twins did their normal outstanding work in producing this. Everything was within this old man's ability to understand.

KG
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2009-01-11 01:09, kentfgunn wrote:

The magic presented on Avenue will not be learned quickly or by many.

Slight disagreement here. It will be learned by anyone who wants to learn it.

SEY
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Well, that trailer looks like real magic. Beautiful technique ( I'm guessing it's technique, because I can't see him do anything ).
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Just chiming in here, although I have yet to see the DVD myself I am very familiar with Dorian's Magic and can only say two words - Holy !@#$!

He's not only got chops but more importantly - he is very well studied, extremely well read and is a serious student of magic.

Anyone willing to practice and apply themselves will be rewarded for the rest of their lives.

Having said all that and based on what I know of both Dorian's magical skills combined with Dan and Dave's video work I highly recommend this DVD for the serious pasteboard junkie. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Joemv
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Joemv
I have to also agree, have seen the DVD and and Dorian,s teaching skills, magical skills are something to experience. Take the time to practice and you will have "magic" in your hands. Thanks Dorain for all you have put into this DVD.

Joe
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Ordered the other day and will pick it up from Paul at Hocus Pocus on Tuesday! I'm so looking forward to this!

Mick
Irving Quant
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Irving Quant
I have seen Dorian perform in person, and I must say that I am very impressed by his skills. If the material in the DVD is as good as it was in person, all I can say is: WOW!

You have to buy this DVD!