The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Which L&L DVD sets to choose? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mrehula
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of mrehula
Quote:
On 2012-01-05 15:44, Jim Mullen wrote:

I have not done anything from Elemsley's DVD, although I have done his Four-Card Trick since 1960--the trick in which he introduced the now famous Elmsley Count. Frankly, Elmsley's quiet style does not suit my own, as I aspire to generate fun the way Malone does--he's great. Similarly, for the Radar Deck, I do not do it with as much seriousness as Osterlind does, although I think Osterlind's routine is excellent and very smooth. He has an engaging and friendly way with his audiences.

Elmsley's performance style isn't close to my style either, but I love his DVDs. His work has a real elegance, a real beauty. It probably doesn't translate too well to an audience -- especially today's audiences -- but any magician should study his approach to both effect and method, the real ART of magic.
Savels
View Profile
New user
circa 1730
51 Posts

Profile of Savels
The Schnieder sets are good, specifically if you want to study his coin vanish work. He explains like a teacher would.
LLPublishing
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of LLPublishing
The Al Schneider Technique DVDs are some of the most underrated DVDs on the market. Al is fabulous on this set. He doesn't just show you how the routines work, but takes you step-by-step so you really understand the psychology of the moves. Everyone would benefit from watching these.

http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......_id=2066

Obviously we're fans of Al having released this DVD set, but also his massive book. However we're not done as there is more from Al Schneider coming from us soon.
Er1tro
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
124 Posts

Profile of Er1tro
From L&L I have Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries and it's great. There are a lot of useful effects! From metal bending to use simple items to make really strong predictions!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Richard Osterlind's LIve Without A Net is one of the best sets by L&L ( or anyone else ).

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13681
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On 2012-07-05 14:23, Zombie Magic wrote:
Richard Osterlind's LIve Without A Net is one of the best sets by L&L ( or anyone else ).

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13681

I agree , agreat DVD set especially if you haven't seen too much of his previous work.
I've been using his I phone prediction . This gets over the top reactions(That's sick...)and it is so easy to do.
I wish he would have explained his bent coin.
Good recommendation Zombie.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Thanks chappelly. His bent coin.....he may wait until he's retired before he tips that one.
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Looks like I'll never get to see it Smile
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts