The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: The Magic of Nefesch 3 double volume set (6 dvds) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Glastion: A Signed card to borrowed sealed glass bottle.

I still love watching magic because I'm pretty good at being a layman. So I was watching Glastion and going along with it but the ending didn't seem possible. It's not a camera trick because...it's a magic instruction dvd.

I like to try to figure out an effect or at least come up with my own method ( even if it's dumb ) before watching the secret.

I don't think anyone, even with 50 years of experience, would see this method coming. It's beautiful and the thinking is so out of the box. Not difficult, just makes you think "what would make him think of that"?

I haven't watched the rest. I zeroed in on that because I love the card to impossible location plot and a friend told me I'd never figure it out. He was right.

I can definately see some folks not being into the Nefesch set, if the rest of the effects are like Galstion, because of prep time. Mike Ammar, when he performed Bill to Nut, would sit on the couch watching TV and..prepare the nuts. For him it was worth it. Some would never do it.

But, I don't think you have to perform magic to enjoy or appreciate it. Glastion is beautiful. I don't know if I'll ever perform it ( there are Magicians that have added it to their set ), but I'm sure glad I saw it.

It makes you think differently seeing magic performed from someone like Nefesch. It shows the possibilities with things we most likely already own.

There's allot of magic on this set. How it stacks up to Galstion I'll have to see as I watch it over the next couple of weeks. But I do like Nefesch's style and the way he thinks.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4339 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
The dvds contained very original, creative and strong magic. However, due to the lack of audio and picture quality, I was unable to understand more than half of the routines and explanations. I know Titanas and Nefesch have accents, but the lack of audio quality amde it almost impossible for me to understand them. ( I am from New York and many people do not understand my accent either). Also Titanas had to use his hand held remote to zoom in on the item since the vidio quality was so poor. There was a lot of great magic on this dvd set. It is too bad that the video and audio quaility was so poor. It was hard to watch and listen to the dvds. Did anyone else have problems in understandign what was being said or seeing what was being shown?

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Metius
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
175 Posts

Profile of Metius
First of all I have to say that I received from Titanas (with a nice autographed gift) this set right after it went to the market, but I was in the middle of my moving to Rome for another job and I didn't have much time to review.

The set is really great and I didn't have any problem with audio and video quality. You can immediately feel that the real magic of it is not just in the really good tricks, but in the huge amount of useful informations you'll find packed into it. The effects in the dvds are clearly not all impromptu or “easy”, but every second you'll spend in the preparation is worth ten thousands times more.

I personally really liked besides the tricks all the subtelties that Nefesch gives away and that clearly demonstrate that he is a real showman that can entertain people in an extraordinary way.

So in definitive, 9/10 to this set (hey nobody's perfect Smile ), for all the amount of tricks and infos you can find into it. If you're looking for the easy things that can impress your friends or colleagues stay away from this set. If you're a serious performer that puts into the first place entertaining people and improving his art get this set right now!

Metius
Eppure una volta avetti sette in latino...(G.Marziano)
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
I don't want to repeat myself too much, I have already said in the past that I like this set. But I feel that I should re-state that I don't care if a magic DVD doesn't have special effects, zoomings, hollywood quality and all the other e-stuff we are used about, until it has good magic inside.
And as my fellow italian magician said before, this set is packaged with awesome magic in every inch of its 6 shining DVDs.
Oh, an for me the accents of Titanas and Nefesch are a bliss: being not born in an english country, I have less problems understanding english from foreign people than from true american/english guys.

Enjoy it!

Dave
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4339 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I do not expect special effects or a sound and light show on a dvd, but I do expect that a dvd not be produced with subpar audio and video quality that make it almost impossible to understand what is being said and difficult to clearly see the details of the routines that are being demonstrated.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
bugula
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of bugula
Magicinsight, I'm right there with you.

The quality of the DVDs leaves much to be desired but as Christopher said earlier, the ideas are incredibly interesting and fun to learn. Unfortunately, accents coupled with poor audio and video quality really detract from the work here.

I think this might be a small-dose release where you take some time to digest one effect and come back later for another because I sadly cannot see myself watching one disc (let alone three) all the way through.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-06-19 10:15, magicinsight wrote:
( I am from New York and many people do not understand my accent either).

Michael, I'm from NY. I just pretened I was in a Greek Diner in the Bronx and I was at home. The only think missing was the screaming in the kitchen;-)

magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4339 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On 2008-06-19 16:03, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-19 10:15, magicinsight wrote:
( I am from New York and many people do not understand my accent either).

Michael, I'm from NY. I just pretened I was in a Greek Diner in the Bronx and I was at home. The only think missing was the screaming in the kitchen;-)

Chris,

Since I was born and raised in the Bronx (now living in Queens), I can close my eyes and see myself taking the #6 Pelham Bay Local from Elder Ave. to Pelham Bay Park and then a bus to Orchard beach. The good old days.

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Dear friends,

Thanks for your comments about this DVD set.

I would like to inform you that originally the DVD's have been filmed with a High Definition camera, with pro sound and pro lights.

Unfortunately, when we finish the editing we discovered that it was impossible to make it in a 3 DVD set as we thought and we had to make each volume in 2 discs (total 6 discs instead of 3 as we expected) because of the big size. This is where we lost some of the quality both of sound and picture (compression) but I still don't believe that it is as bad as some of you said. I am happy to see that for some other people the quality wasn't an issue.

Now for people that having problems with our accent, I believe that since me and Nefesch we are cafi members, you could send us pm's or emails with questions of things you don't understand and we will do our best to help you.

Lesson has been taken, I will not make such a huge project again because I will lose on quality and this is not fair both for the viewers, the effort we took and also the equipment we own.

All the best,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
bugula
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of bugula
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 07:06, Titanas wrote:
Thanks for your comments about this DVD set.

Lesson has been taken, I will not make such a huge project again because I will lose on quality and this is not fair both for the viewers, the effort we took and also the equipment we own.

Titanas, thanks for taking the comments as being constructive.

I don't think anyone here took issue with the effects or methods taught and for that, the quality and audio can easily be overlooked. It's tremendous work and for me, the effects I've learned thus far have been fun to use.

Your accents are heavy but I think the audio quality is the main contributor to not being able to immediately understand what you're saying.

It's great work and I'm sure your next release will be even better!

keith.
Barry Daugherty
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
133 Posts

Profile of Barry Daugherty
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 10:03, bugula wrote:
Your accents are heavy but I think the audio quality is the main contributor to not being able to immediately understand what you're saying.

I have almost finished watching the set and I must say that it truly has some fantastic magic in it. And I agree with some other viewers that a long setup is of value if the effect is as strong as these are.

For Titanas, I want to add to the comment above. I personally don't think the length of the set and the amount you had to compress audio being the problem. A lot of times, there was a large echo in the studio that seemed to be a result of microphones not being as close to the individuals as needed. Other times, there were motorcycles, cars, or thunder interfering. But, mainly, it was the large echo that made it difficult to understand.

Likewise, even though the interaction between the two of you was nice, I think the set would have benefitted from you acting as the camera man because some of the best shots were done with you as cameraman. Just a suggestion for the future.

But, please don't think that the length of the set or the material on the set were an issue. It was an amazing release that I will cherish and refer back to on occasion. I just wish it was preserved a little better.

Thanks again to you and Nefesch. I really like the magic and will choose many effects to perform.

All the best,
Barry
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
For any magic DVD, what I want is the magic to be first rate. The Nefesch set is delivering for me on that.

I grew up in NY. Everyone comes, in some way, from other lands. It's what makes it a beautiuful place to live and visit. I haven't had any trouble understanding Titanas and Nefesch on the DVD's. I'm always impressed when anyone can learn two or more languages. I think, what we refer to as "accents" are wonderful.

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Nefesch has an effect "No More Kids Parties" where he blows a balloon up with the power of his mind.

I've watched it 3 times and am trying to come up with a method ( my new game thanks to Nefesch ).

Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Sorry for being away for a while but I had the Playmate contest (I know its a dirty job but someone has to do it LOLOL)

So anyway let me keep going,
Barry, thanks for your constructive comments I really appreciate it.

Christopher, I wish you have a lot of fun with this new game of yours. This is the same game I try to play when I buy new DVD's, its fun and makes you think a lot before you press the play button at the explanation section.

All the best,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Well...I didn't get Nefesch's method on the balloon. I was thrown off by the way the balloon expanded so slowly. I shoud have gotten it from something we did as kids. $%#^!!!!

Like most magicians, I try to work out a method on an effect I like before going to the explanation.

But with Nefesch, it's become like a game of Chess andh he has me thinking in ways I hadn't before.

EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
I have bought the whole set from Titanas, finally had the time to watch them all and must say: I am fascinated by the thinking of Nefesch! Truly out of the box and some really astonishing effects and routines! I love the whole set and recommend it to all who are interested in creative thinking. I will not talk about each of the effects as this has already been done at the beginning of the thread, just a few general words from my point of view:
The production itself is not like for example L&L which means that the picture quality and voice recording is not "high end", I guess this "could" be important for some who are looking for this...but (and this is a capital BUT) my personal believe is, that it is the content which is most important...and you cannot go wrong with this. The effects are truly something special and I am very happy that Nefesch finally decided to share these with us! I already bought Manuscripts from Nefesch and he always succeeds to surprise me with his thinking! I also like the special "chemistry" between Nefesch and Titanas which shines through during the explanations of the effects and the interview, a real cool duo these guys...
Besides I want to mention that Titanas offers excellent customer support! Nearly all of my DVDs got somehow scratched during the mailing and Titanas exchanged them instantly and very fast and even included some extras! He is an extremely nice guy and always has time for an email or an answer to a question, so many thanks Titanas!
Again my advice to fellow magicians who look for creative, strong magic: Buy this set!!

Eric
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Hey guys, I am so sorry I have been abscent for a while, I have been very bussy working on a few exclusiveness effects for some very well known international magicians, lot of work that takes most of my time, I belive you will see very soon some of my creations on National (USA) and international TV, some of them you can find them on my DVD set, and some of them havent still been released.
I would like to thank all of you for all the constructives critics, and the reviews you have posted.
I want to thank as well the emails most of you have sent, thank you very much, I answer them all, some times I delay, but I always read them and reply.
I will try to come a little more often here.

Btw, I believe nobody has comment on this thread about the cap vanish effect, probably you don't want the rest of the comunity know about it, anyway, if anybody of you have the phone number of David Copperfield please let me know, I want to see if he wants to have the exclusivity performing rights, LOL.

Magically yours

Nefesch
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Nefesch, I love your DVD set. Your magic and methods are diabolical in thinking.

Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Quote:
On 2008-07-03 19:40, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Nefesch, I love your DVD set. Your magic and methods are diabolical in thinking.

Thank you very much
I tried to share with all of you some of my best thinking and working.
And I am glad that it has been usefull for most of you.

All the best
Nefesch
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
OK, I'm finished with volume one. I took my time because I was having allot of fun trying to guess Nefesch's methods. He thinks way out of the box and I only barely came close.

I loved volume one. Not every effect takes allot of prep. You can streamline them to your own performing style.

Volume One
HATCHING: Signed coin to egg.
Nefesch shows the egg, has the spectator sign their coin and sign the egg and he passes the coin through the egg. He shows all sides of the egg and it's intact. He cracks the egg on a bowl and inside is the coin.

Yes, there is preparation that goes into it. If you did a formal show, you could get one of those 4 or 6 egg cartons, prepare 6 of them and have them choose any egg. If you made $25 a show, it maybe wouldn't be worth your time. If your charging ALLOT more ( I hope ) it would be worth the time. Or plant an egg in someone's fridge during a party and do it impromptu. If the egg comes from their fridge, they'd never question it.

Coinetration: Signed coin through glass with beverage.
You have them sign a coin, you place it on the table ( it is their coin ). Place a glass mouth up over it and pour cola into the glass. Make a gesture over the glass and the liquid "ripples". Lift the glass and the coin is gone.

Shake the glass back and forth and it can be heard in the glass. They can pour out the liquid and their coin is inside.

It's a beautiful routine that is quite simple to perform.

Sweet Card: A sweet revelation on a glass.
Essentially, card they chose is revealed in the bottom of thier glass in the form of hardened sugar. This was not something I'd perform as it was done on the DVD. Nefesch add sugar to someone's drink. I don't think that's needed.

Balooned: Cellphone to signed balloon.
They choose a balloon out of several. They sign it. They call your cell phone and you don't answer and show it as a missed call. You blow up the balloon and push your cell phone into it. They call again and the phone is ringing inside the balloon. You hand it to them, they see their signature and they pop the balloon and remove the phone and it shows two missed calls from them.

I think this is incredible, but I would leave out them calling the phone the first time. It's not needed. I wouldn't even push the phone into the balloon. Take the signed balloon, blow it up, leave it on the table and have them call. I think they'll be shocked that it's your phone.

In fact, I would blow up the balloon and leave it by them and say we'll do something with that later. Do an effect, anything unrelated. Then say excuse me I'm expecting an important call, but when you go to get your phone, the clip, or holster, or whatever you use is empty.

Look around and ask them if they would call your number so you can find the phone. I think they'd freak when the balloon started ringing. They can pop it and there's your cell phone. Say "you see, the important call I was expecting was from you".

Wow, that's clever routining. I'm very good at that. My way eliminates having to have something extra and makes it quiet easy.

CAPture: Signed coin to baseball cap.
A multi phase routine where a coin keeps appearing in your cap ( you could use a hat ) with the final vanish and appearance is with a signed coin. The last phase fooled me and I smiled so big at the secret. Nefesch got me again!

Crispes: Signed coin to chips bag.
They sign a coin, you hand them a potato chip bag ( sealed ) and as they hold it, you show the coin and throw the coin at the bag. They will hear and feel the coin hit the bag. They open the sealed bag it and inside is their coin. Titanas offers a wonderful idea about signing the coin.

They used a large bag, I'd use one of those very small bags you get in the variety packs. Less messy when they empty the bag ( like 8 chips in them ) and easy to transport. A wonderful routine and outstanding method. This is a fooler! Anyone can do this and have a miracle.

There are BONUS effects that aren't listed on the DVD case. Titanas has two versions of a wonderful signed coin bend. And also a needle through finger illusion. Creeped me out! If you're into geek stuff, it might appeal.

Well, first volume had allot of killer magic. The prep on them would be worth it. I will do the coin in potato chip bag and ballooned ( my way ). Even if didn't use any of the effects, I learned allot about thinking in different ways about creating. I respect Nefesch's clever brain and performing style.