The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Randy Wakeman's Lake Tahoe Bar Magic DVD (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
My magicey-type humor is more here than when performing for layman. They just don't understand the great fun of "trick or treating" with a Pete Biro mask.

It was worse, the year I went as Roger Klause: all I got was a bag of silks, no candy, and once in a while people would yell, "Not my bag-- yours!" Oh, well.

My Melinda was the most terrifying outfit of all: it left most hapless mortals sucking the numbers off of their own credit cards in self-defense. Skeery, skeery stuff.

I have learned a lot from Simon Lovell, though. Now, I can borrow a rose, any rose, and turn it into a paper napkin. It is just way too cool-- the only trick I know that truly does not leave them wanting more.

Generally, I'm not one to brag: but, I'll have you know that I personally satisfied 23 women last night. Every one really wants to know how I managed.

Well, I left them alone. They were all quite satisfied with that. A few were ecstatic, no less.
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
Only 23 Randino? ... you were much better at rehearsals earlier in the day!

Simon
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
I like Dr. Lovell, remain on the endless quest to find Pat Page's seashell. Not easy for Simon, generally locked in the enternal battle of good vs. evil in the infernal ethereal Netherworld of nitrogen-storm charged mages of mayhem.

If you make it to this sinister, nefarious land-- Simon may be your last and only hope. He is thankfully easy to spot: he goes by the name of "Mysterious Stranger."
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
Ah yes, I'll never forget, whilst in my mysterious mode, saving the great golden iguana of amusement from the clutches of a mad femme fatale in the less amusing areas of a bar in the depths of the forest of darkness and strange smells. Ah the coins rolled across the burger bar as we flew off into the depths of a bottle of fine scotch!

Simon
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
In the meanwhile we still don't know a thing about this DVD-series (sorry to interrupt your conversation, gentlemen).
I thought that that was the purpose of this thread.

Frans
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
Fvdbeek,

The twin DVD pack contains strong magic that will play to any audience, anywhere, any time. You could easily make a living doing this stuff and that's no joke! I had nothing to do with the production of these and, despite Randy being a great buddy, would absolutely say if I thought they were at all bad.

Perhaps the best compliment I can pay them is that, although I rarely use other performers routines, there are several items on this twin pack that are true staples for me in my work.

I highly recommend them without reservation,

Simon
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I know this is a review thread, but I love the banter. Although I still think the "Nothing" thread is funnier.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Quote:
On 2006-11-30 10:41, fvdbeek wrote:
In the meanwhile we still don't know a thing about this DVD-series (sorry to interrupt your conversation, gentlemen).
I thought that that was the purpose of this thread.

Frans

The purpose of the thread is to have fun! As for the contents of the DVD, that was detailed at the very start, along with a performance promo section included a short while later.

Due to the large volume of effects performed and then explained and taught with all the details, there is no way to cover all of the material in video clips. I won't begin to try.

Nevertheless, if you'd like a taste of the performance material, here goes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnC2p0OazqE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0vB8NipmFo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkSurNzINns

That will hopefully prove sufficient for your needs.
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
290 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
I just finished watching this set yesterday. Now six months into my magic education, the trend for me has been buying lots of material that requires gaffs. I'm at the point now where I bring a catalog case filled with magic stuff to work. Randy Wakeman's offering in this set is great because in most cases you are left in a situation where everything is examinable. Pocket management is almost a non-issue too. It's nice to be unencumbered, and as my skill with cards and coins increases I aspire to do more with less.
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Thank you, John.

Here's one more routine to round out the clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q_21bQTXUI

Ed Marlo had a great eye for commercial, practical, performable magic when that was his goal.
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Quote:
On 2006-11-30 10:30, Simon Lovell wrote:
Ah yes, I'll never forget, whilst in my mysterious mode, saving the great golden iguana of amusement from the clutches of a mad femme fatale in the less amusing areas of a bar in the depths of the forest of darkness and strange smells.

Simon,

You have a mysterious "mode"?
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
Hmmmm perhaps it should be better described as bizarre?

Simon
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2099 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Just got these via a Promo on Penguin, they look fantastic. Can't wait to receive them. Is there any reviews here anywhere? Looks like some killer material on here, I am surprised that no one has reviewed these seemingly "gems" yet.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
290 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
I tend bar, and I really like the material found on this set. I've only added one effect from this to my repertoire (Chicago Stab), but the reactions to it have been phenomenal. I bought a special letter opener that looks like a cartoonish "Zorro" and I explain to my audience how he will help me to retrieve the card from the deck. The next effect I will be adding is from Disc 1 as well, where the spectator chooses the odd backed card.