The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: James Brown DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Art Vandalay
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Art Vandalay
I am going to be getting this on Luke Jermay's recommendation alone.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4228 Posts

Profile of warren
For those interested there was a delay on the release but was informed by james it should be available in about 3 weeks.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Important Information

For reasons that have recently come to our attention, we have made the decision not to pursue the DVD project “Fancy a Pot of Jam” by James Brown. Anyone who ordered this from Alakazam Magic will be refunded in full. Those who ordered from James direct will need to contact him.

We apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Kind regards.

Peter Nardi.

http://www.alakazam.co.uk
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4465 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Is the DVD still going to be released though?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
260 Posts

Profile of trickychris
Apparantly not.
there is an obvious problem here in the fact that a lot of the material is similar to a certain other magician
which is a shame, I have the dvd with the material on, but was looking forward to getting the pot of jam dvd anyway -
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Tricky Chris could you tell us what this other DVD is, so we may try and purchase this as an alternative. PM me if you don't want to say it in an open forum.
Nick
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4465 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
So not available at all? I thought it was just not going to available through Alakazam, but James would still be selling it
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
No, alakazam were producing it,
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
260 Posts

Profile of trickychris
Sorry - let me explain a little better - from the demo of the dvd I saw - there seemed to be a bit of material from from the greg wilson's dvds - something which I mentioned early on in this discussion. I can't say how similiar the effects are but I've been told that the dvd is being pulled because "there was a problem with the material"
I love greg wilson, so I was looking forward to buying this dvd.
I hope james does put the dvd out him self - its always nice to see a magician perform in the real world -

-
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
929 Posts

Profile of Martino
I think, as Alakazam were funding this it is now dead in the water. I seem to recall that on Greg Wilson's DVD's he credits Apollo Robbins.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
260 Posts

Profile of trickychris
Yes - true
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
I spoke to alakazam, and they said the material used was not published so I'm guessing it is Apollo's as opposed to Greg Wilsons.
Nick
juan king
View Profile
Regular user
Spanish
171 Posts

Profile of juan king
I am thinking it is James Brown the musician who is causing a trouble! Ha Ha.
Think not what magic can do for you, but what you can do for magic.
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
260 Posts

Profile of trickychris
There was also re capped...
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
If you are refering to Apollo Robbins coin on shoulder routine, it is published in a pamphlet called the art of stealing watches.

Plus most of Greg's routines you see on video are other magicians routines, which he has mentioned.

I have tried to contact Mr. Brown about whether he will be selling the dvd through his site or not, but I have not gotten a response yet.

I paid through his site, and not through Alakazam.co.uk. I hope Mr. Brown will be sending out emails to let us know what is going on.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
929 Posts

Profile of Martino
Me too. Emailed him 2 days ago. No response yet.

Martino.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi guys,

Just to put you all in the picture to save anything kicking off. James is currently away on holiday and will not be back for around ten days. Hence there have been no replies to e-mails or refund requests. I am sure that he will deal with all of this upon his return.

Kind regards.

Peter.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Hi guys,

I spoke to James yesterday, he`s out of the country at the moment so please be patient. James is a great guy and a brilliant magician and he will refund all monies, so don`t worry. It`s true that the DVD has been pulled which is a big shame, James is such a strong performer and this DVD would have taught you some of the most commercial magic one can do, but it`s James` psychology and timing that made this DVD stand out from others. I think the whole situation stinks and I just feel for James and Alakazam who put so much time and energy into this project.
All the best,
Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Royce K.
View Profile
New user
London
89 Posts

Profile of Royce K.
Today's limerick:

There was a young magician called Apollo,
Who said “Wherever I go, others will follow.”
“I’ve put a coin on their shoulder,”
“What could be bolder?”
“Their watch? D*mn! Now my victory’s hollow!”