The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Bill in Kiwi DVD by Cloutier (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
The card in sock gimmick was released quite some time ago and is still available.
froggyman
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of froggyman
Anyone know how to get in touch with him for lectures etc...?
Froggy
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
I would also like to know what the gimmick was for the envelope routine...
And if anyone has a link for the card in the sock gimmick please let me know!

Overall I liked the dvd set but although Carl is an excellent magician, his teaching leaves a LOT to be desired - ie you had better be proficient at sleeving and topitting already before owning this DVD or you won't be able to perform many of the routines...
Logic Defied
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
"Card in Sock" link.
SteeleFusion
View Profile
Regular user
Glasgow, Scotland
106 Posts

Profile of SteeleFusion
I would agree that I found it difficult to understand some of the instructions due to the fact English is not his first language, and he tends to miss a few steps, or assumes you can do all the moves.

Craig
Craig Steele : MindFusion

www.Craig-Steele.co.uk
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Carl Cloutier is a GREAT performer, also and especially re the *Bill in Kiwi*.

His 'instructions' though are adequate for all who have a deeper understanding for magic, but still ppl not having studied so many fascets in magic, could use a better explanation.
Here I really can recommend the Martin Sanderson DVD, because Martin does cover some other points especially re preparing and cutting the kiwi.
For pure and good instructions get the Martin Sanderson DVD.

However, the Murphy produced *Bill in Kiwi* re Carl Cloutiers work also gives a lot of very fine and interesting routines apart from his signature piece..so unfortunately one should also get this 2 part DVD set..it is fun and a pleasure to se him work for normal ppl, he's actually a very good entertainer apart from the fine sleight of hand stuff he does..
I can highly recommend this 2 DVD set too.
BUT, watch out and don't order from Penguin!
Do a google search for:
Carl Cloutier Bill in Kiwi
and find much cheaper sources, you almost there can get this 2 DVD-set for half the price and with a much better service and delivery time..

I ordered only once, a single time, from Penguin and I wil NEVER do it again..spare me for the details, but there really IS a reason for I don't order anything from them again..
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
froggyman
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of froggyman
Great routine! Great DVD!
Froggy
cashy001
View Profile
New user
lincoln
42 Posts

Profile of cashy001
I just got this dvd and can only say its one of the best buys I have found on ebay only £10 for 2 dvds
love me love my magic
Nat
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Nat
Which dealer has the best price on the Cloutier DVDs? Thanks.
Nathan