The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: SAR by Kenton Knepper, is it worth its price? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
There may be lots of memories way back in the past where the emotional component hasn't been resolved and could be affecting you today, holding you back. Those memories could be totally out of your unconscious awareness.

I think were getting a bit off topic now. Don't start me or I'll go on forever down this road. Smile

DR Morton wrote:"Sounds too good to be true. Although I like KKs material, I consider it mostly overpriced and he tends to be a little too full of himself. How about this CD?"

Yes I agree!
Smile
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2003-06-11 18:55, shrink wrote:
DR Morton wrote:"Sounds too good to be true. Although I like KKs material, I consider it mostly overpriced and he tends to be a little too full of himself. How about this CD?"

Yes I agree!
Smile

Same here BUT my interest in KK comes from
seeing his Klose Up And Unpublished tape first.
I thought 'Wow! This guy is better than Milton and as good as Tad.
His use of V,A and K confusion was unbelieveable! Perhaps, like Satir and Milton he was unaware of it. None of his written stuff shows any sign that he knew this. But at one part of the tape he does say something about 'by this stage the spectator doesn't care what you do'.
{a reviewer of this tape on Bryan Dean's(?)
site said it was no good because EVEN the spectator seemed to fall asleep at two
stages. Heh! Heh!)
If Bandler saw this tape he would have made KK his star model Smile
If you're an NLPer,
get the tape and model the processes there. Smile
adolphus
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of adolphus
Just came across this old thread while searching for info about SAR.

Two points:

1) Memory: No one can conclusively prove that the subconscious stores away every experience. But it is curious how the classic electrode brain stimulation of conscious surgery patients vividly triggers multi-sensory "forgotten" memories from long ago. There is probably a alot more trivia packed away back there than we realize.

2) I was curious if SAR is much more effective, in practical reading/entertainment value, than, say, Patricia Marne's "Draw a Tree" emotional state doodle analysis. I have the little book, and also use some of it's ideas (and others) in my own Sneak Thief routine. I also saw that the same "tree" idea was mentioned in the contents of an Al Mann piece.
"Unlike the mere Conjuror, the Mentalist reaches into that space which a hat normally covers. And from there, he withdraws something more fleeting - and at times, far fuzzier - than any rabbit"
peterng25
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of peterng25
I personally love SAR!
I would just like to ask, can anyone confirm if what the ad says is true? That, 'therapists all over began using it...'?
Dave Schutt
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Dave Schutt
"Be warned by heeding this advice your life will be changed forever, if you do not want it to change, read no further!" If you read further you owe me $40 please send it to my paypal account.

I own S.A.R. and I found it to be unique and clever.

Do I prefer it over more traditional readings? No.

Does it live up to the hype? No

So what is it good for? I think it's good for situations that you don't want to come off as a freak, or you're dealing with very skeptical people, or you want to seem more scientific in what you're doing.

Personally, I don't like doing readings for close friends, co-workers, or family. The reason is they either think that you're weird or it can make them very uncomfortable around you if they think you are able to delve into their "secrets." And we all have "secrets"! It's different if you're booked for a reading gig or people are coming to you as a reader, but when it's not in the right setting S.A.R is a good backup system, IMO.

Is it worth $175? I guess that's up to you, in my case NO. There's a lot of other things I could buy to amaze people for $175.

KK is a master of one thing. His use of "Wonder Words" and subliminal double messages. Most all of his materials devote a large percentage toward telling you how great the material is!! On top of that there are references towards his other products as if you'd have better understanding or ability if you also used owned Product X as well. So be careful and don't get sucked in to his linguistic vortex!! BTW only "an uneducated or gullible individual" would disagree with anything I wrote in this post.
Dave Schutt
Charlotte, NC
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
For me, SAR really has no ideas that you couldn't find in a less expensive form in KK's Hermit of Dreams.

I like Wonder Readings too.

But in the end the money probably could be spent better on some good books on palmistry, graphology, and tarot.

Jack Shalom
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1303 Posts

Profile of DJG
<<Does it live up to the hype? No >>

I disagree. I believe it is well worth the money. But if others don't agree, that's fine by me. The less who use this the better!

It's a great tool for those who can not, or choose not to pull off the "mystic" look and appeal. It gives readings more of a psychological look. Just my thoughts...oh, most of you aleady SENSED that!
adolphus
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of adolphus
Deceptionguy - we're on the same page about this. I'm interested in things like SAR for a more contemporary and "credible" form of reading / performing (like Derren's NLP pitch). It's just more my style, though it may never exactly be as "marketable" or "comprehensible" as the more familiar Arcane stuff.
While I don't have the program yet, I have some possibly interesting ideas for pitching and marketing it. PM me if you'd like to bounce some things around.
"Unlike the mere Conjuror, the Mentalist reaches into that space which a hat normally covers. And from there, he withdraws something more fleeting - and at times, far fuzzier - than any rabbit"
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1303 Posts

Profile of DJG
Adolphus,
Of course! I still have a free SAR test somewhere on my site. I'll see if I can find it and post it here.