The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Eugene Burger's Magical Voyages DVD Set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
248 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
We all need tricks - otherwise no magic as we see it - but just as buying a hammer does not make one a carpenter, having more tricks will not make one a magician without proper scripting, acting, blocking, personality, etc etc etc...
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
100% correct.
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
Quote:
On 2012-08-27 08:53, Cris Johnson wrote:
We all need tricks - otherwise no magic as we see it - but just as buying a hammer does not make one a carpenter, having more tricks will not make one a magician without proper scripting, acting, blocking, personality, etc etc etc...
well said but if you go to home depot or lowes and they ask you for 30 bucks for one nail but it comes with a dvd talking about the history of the nail, funny stories of nails and different things that happened last few times you knocked a nail in youd be ****ed off

the point is, a dvd should have way more tricks on it, more effects etc

having said all this eugene is one of the better guys out there when it comes to teaching or so I feel, besides his dvd's I enjoyed watching him with max maven on many dvd's
rocky424
View Profile
New user
Boca Raton, FL
54 Posts

Profile of rocky424
I disagree about having a DVD contain 'way more tricks on it'. Why does that have to be the case? I assume that when we purchase books/dvds that we look at the description and the contents. If it didn't have a list of effects, then why must we assume it contains any effects at all? Information on theory is of upmost importance and vital, perhaps more so, than effects. It can applied to anything we perform. Effects are mostly standalone attractions.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
I've put up a copy of this excellent series for sale for anyone who would like to benefit from Eugene's infinite wisdom. Smile