The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Greg Wilson's "On the Spot" out on DVD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Is this the one on two VHS tapes? Or is that Off the Cuff?
Yours,

Ivan
Jesper Amstrup
View Profile
New user
Denmark
89 Posts

Profile of Jesper Amstrup
This is the one on 2 tapes
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Wohooooo! Smile
Yours,

Ivan
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Gregory Wilson's "On The Spot" is now available on DVD from Penguin Magic for $49.95
That is the two videos are now on one DVD.

http://www.penguinmagic.com

Peo

My misstake, its not out yet.
I just saw the add in the latest issue of Magic.

Sorry everyone! Smile
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
indridcold
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of indridcold
Yep, it is out in December. Can not wait, have been wanting this for a while! Why did they put it on only video in the first place, no one has videos anymore!
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I talked with Penguin Magic, and the DVD will be out in two, three weeks.

Peo
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
496 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
I´ve got it on VHS. I want it on DVD too. Gotta buy a DVD player as well.

HÃ¥kan

Smile
MagicMan5150
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMan5150
Whoo Hoo!!! The On The Spot DVD is now available on Penguin! Just placed my order! Thanks again for the insight everyone! Good things come to those that wait" right?

Smile
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
This is a great deal, I wish I didn't have the VHS.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
E-mail from Penguin Magic:

"Once you start doing magic, it's very hard to stop. Not just because it's so much fun to be the life of the party. Not just because it's a blast to fool the pants off your spectators.

The biggest reason it's so hard to stop is everybody coming up to you asking to see a trick.

I love it when people come up and ask to see a trick. It's a great feeling to know that people remember your magic and want more of it. Often, spectators will approach who haven't even seen you perform before--just because they've heard you're a magician.

When I was first starting out as a magician I had to turn down a lot of spectators because I didn't have my special equipment with me or I wasn't set up. I'd have to make up excuses and turn the people away. I was dependent on gimmicks and props. I was into magic, but I didn't feel like a magician.

On the Spot with Gregory Wilson changed that forever.

On the Spot is a two volume course on entertaining people. You'll learn professional routines that are completely impromptu. You can perform them anytime, anywhere, with no special props or gimmicks.

We're proud to announce that "On the Spot" is now available on DVD. This is one of the very best magic videos ever produced. Here's what the Penguin trick reviews are saying:

"Amazing, Stunning, Completely visual and impromptu. Don't waste your money on anymore gimmicks! With this set you'll have magic you can take anywhere and give your other tricks a rest. The only thing I regret is not buying this set sooner!" -- Adam, Fort Walton Beach, FL

"This is most definitely worth the money! As soon as I got these videos I watched them and they were incredible! Buy these I can't stress that enough! It teaches routines that make you seem to go with the flow and not have anything planned at all!" -- Alan Matthews, NS Canada

"Out of all the Gregory Wilson stuff that I've seen, this is his best. There are some great routines on these tapes. Put the time and effort into learning some of these and you will go far. He does a great job with his explanations. I also love the fact that he performs the tricks a few times in actual settings at restaurants and bars (probably just like the places you will be performing) His timing and humor make this release so much better than your ordinary magic instructional video!" -- Greg, Cleveland, OH

Happy Thanksgiving. As performers we've got a lot to be thankful for--the ability to entertain friends and family is an incredible gift. Go out and give your friends and family some magic they can't stop talking about. And be sure to check out "On the Spot with Gregory Wilson" http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=466
WanderingMagician
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of WanderingMagician
I'd heard nothing but good stuff about these tapes so I'm interested in the new DVD.

Looking at the Penguin site though it looks like you only get 11 effects for your money. That sounds a like a little for quite a lot of money - especially when the descriptions include stuff like paper balls over the head and lipstick through the hand. How good ARE the effects off this DVD? It sounds like the effects are those found in beginners magic books. Please tell me someone that I am wrong.

As a fairly experienced performer with a good existing collection of books and tapes do I need to be considering this new DVD for my collection?

Also, is there any bonus stuff not on the VHS copies?
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
It really depends. I got them when they were in the hype. I was a bit disappointed. the material is excellent but you really have to get into the face of people to do some of the stuff he teaches...something I'm not too comfortable with. I'm glad I purchased the tapes as it did help my presentation and gave me some fresh ideas. the best routine on the tapes was 3/4 across, and this was almost a rip off of jay sankey's mr. clean coins across. I still use the sankey version, it think it is better. he has a good copper silver transpo, but how many books teach you routines like this (Bobo of course), then there is the napkins over the head (Slydini - Stars of Magic). I'm not into pickpocketing or watch stealing so I didn't get much out of those routines. his florida keys routine was ok. the one with the lipstick...i found NOTHING revolutionary about it. the ad said how even if you know the secret he will still fool you. sorry I didn't get fooled when I watched it. if you know the secret of the ash trick, then you are good to go. finally recap revisited. once again..not sure why he put "revisited" on the box. This is almost the exact routine in Art of Astonishment 1 with a slight variation for an ending. It is my second fav routine after 3/4 across on the tapes, but then again I had AoA so I didn't learn anything but how it looks visually.

so in the end, lots of people loves these tapes, and I did too though not as much as I thought I would. lots of the stuff are variations of other people's effects that can be found in many books that I own. if you have the same books I stated above and sankey's revoluionary coin magic then you may want to pass it up, otherwise go for it.
WanderingMagician
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of WanderingMagician
Thanks David. That was exactly what I was thinking myself. Nothing sounded particularly fresh or revolutionary. Seems I've been reading the same sorts of books as you.

Thanks for your confirmations.
Ferry H.P.
View Profile
New user
Belgium
95 Posts

Profile of Ferry H.P.
Same here. Smile

Seems like it is hyped but I went over the tricklist
a few times and I will not buy this.
Ferry H.P.