The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Poll: What would you like to see on the next CD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1541 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Controls and false shuffles!
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Dave Campbell
View Profile
New user
Naperville, IL
51 Posts

Profile of Dave Campbell
effects...
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
Well since you did the two best false shuffles (in my opnion) on this last CD, how about some excellent false cuts?
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
Steve does some really excellent palms, including some of his own(hopefully that will satisfy Euan?).

His multiple card top palm freaked me out pretty badly. I've also heard that he's fried Mike Close(Mr "Power of Palming" himself) with it.

I remember a spectator catching sight of Steve's palmed card during his last show at the Castle. He went into his beautiful hand washing sequence and the spec was completely fooled. Maybe he'll include that if you guys are lucky. Smile

I think Steve has a lot to contribute to the current palming resources. All the palms he uses are very practical and good for the real world worker.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I would like to see some color changes and controls. Smile
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
This may not be helpful, but I'd suggest you put out CDs on whatever you really excel at, whatever you feel you're truly an expert at performing (your tabled faro and Zarrow fit that criterion in my opinion -- your work on those is absolutely beautiful).

I love watching experts even if they perform a type of magic that I have no interest in performing myself (just saw a lecture last night by an incredible manipulator and I have zero interest in doing that kind of material).

Best regards and thanks for giving back, Larry Davidson.
orko60
View Profile
New user
Long Beach, CA
47 Posts

Profile of orko60
Any idea when you'll be performing at the castle again? I'd love to see your show!

-Zack
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
I'll be in the WC Fields Bar on September
25, 26 & 27!

But that's not really an act per se, because
you have to adjust to the crowds...people come and go at will....

Come by and say hello and I'll be glad to share anything I know...

Steven Youell
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
If anybody has a chance, definitely see Steve's show. He also has an excellent set of notes and quite a bit of material in Steve Beam's Semi-Automatic Card Tricks volume 3. If you're interested in getting better at handling cards, you can't go wrong with Steven Youell's original material and his expertise with known sleights and moves. And $12 is an incredible deal for that kind of knowledge.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Steve,
I ordered your CD on the tabled faro etc.
I would love to see your bottom deal and center deal. I do a pushoff center deal and a strike center deal but I would love to see your technique.
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Oh Yes. Countelmsley has a great idea.
Who is John Galt?
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
Also, perhaps, the Heinstein shuffle? Just a thought...

I second the requests for 2nds, bottoms and centers. Smile
jgeist1
View Profile
New user
Baltimore
98 Posts

Profile of jgeist1
Karl Hein has a great video dedicated to the proper instruction of his shuffle.

I would probably request some controls. I actually would also like to see your Magic Castle act. I don't think there is enough performance videos out there. I would really like to buy a DVD or something of a great magician and sit back and enjoy his show. I have never been to a restuarant where a magician has performed, or to any other venue like that. So my top request would actually be "a magic show" Smile

-Jason
Vasilis
View Profile
Regular user
Greece
146 Posts

Profile of Vasilis
I second Jason's request above.Because i know Mr.Youell is a hi class performer and because all what i have seen from Magic Castle is only the...virtual tour that their site offers,i would like to see a real magician performing in these rooms.
petersd
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of petersd
Steve,

The multiple Card top palm.
Second Deals
Bottom Deals
Strip-out shuffle
Good DL

Dave
jimbo
View Profile
New user
Jimbo
12 Posts

Profile of jimbo
I third it. A performance video would be great. I usually learn much more from watching a professional perform than I do from the teach a trick videos.

J
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Key card work, Bluff Pass applications (with specific numbers of cards, as a force, with NO cards, as a control to a certain number, as a control to the top, etc.), Block transfers, Stevens control application, that should do for a start...

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
I would really like to see Steve's Magic Castle act!! (Performance only) as well as some instructions on false dealing (second, bottom, center).

It doesn't have to be sleights only, if you want to share some of your routines, by all means do so!!!

And whatever else you feel you are very good at, even non-card material (like cups & balls, 3 shell game, coin magic, etc....)

Whatever the content, PLEASE let us know when it comes out!!!

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Steve,

I just saw your video clips. In a word: "WOW!!".

As far as a 2nd video, I'd like to see a video of a live performance in front of a live audience (NOT a studio audience made up of employees of the production company or the wives of magician friends). I'd like to see demonstrations of pacing, misdirection and maybe some discussion on presentation and routining.

In that regard, it might be helpful to have a few effects demonstrated and explained on the video so that we, as magicians, can appreciate both the sleights (being used) AND the presentation of those sleights (being performed).

However, your technique is sooo good, whatever you decide to produce, I'd just sit and enjoy watching an expert perform flawlessly at his craft.

Mike

P.S. As for sleights that may be taught, I would appreciate a video of basic sleights for beginners and intermediates and NOT the knuckle-busting "take you six months to a year to master" expert sleights.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
This one just came to me....perhaps culling? That's one of things I'm having a heckuva time learning and, from my conversations with others, I'm not the only one.

:)