The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: The Classic Magic of Michael Vincent (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Great advice.

Every journey starts with a single step.

I have taken the first step with Michael as my mentor.

I hope to be a student of his for many years to come.

My first lesson has been how to set the audience up for repeat purchases.
antonio123
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
138 Posts

Profile of antonio123
My english is not the best and I hope you understand me Smile

Michael Vincent and Alakazam Magic did a great job with this DVDs. The tricks and explanation are great. In over 5 hours he mention maybe 3 times his upcoming dvds - why not? This is business and each has his own opinion if he buy his new sets or not.

I think everyone can learn from Mr Vincent when he really study his "many" tips instead of finding a needle in a haystack.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I agree. I didn't feel there was excessive overpromotion here. Vincent seems to be serious about putting out a different kind of magic DVD, one that draws from his own early experiences in being formally mentored. I wasn't put off by mentions of future DVDs at all.
feifei
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
186 Posts

Profile of feifei
I just finish watching this, got to say it's awesome DVD with fantastic magic! I really enjoyed it, definately value for money!
darkstar757
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of darkstar757
As per pulling it out of the wallet (I'm not here to debate either). Personally I would just go out of pocket. For me the wallet doesn't seem justified, on the other hand taking it out of pocket and saying "As you can see I even took X card out of the deck so there would be no extras....yeah...I really knew" There really isn't an impossible location kicker in this type of effect for me. This simple thinking is from "Whit "Pop" Haydn whom I am thinking of. I just agree on that level. You can see his performance at the castle, of chicago opener on youtube to see what I mean.

Now back to praising Mike....he deserves it.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Is it just me or is it shocking that there is only one page of posts for Michael's DVDs? Yet there have been pages for (To be polite) not so good releases.

I just finished watching these DVDs. There fantastic! I own a lot of DVDs. These have to be up there as one of the best I've ever purchased.

Thank you Michael! You have also inspired me to open a book and study. I have my classic magic of Larry Jennings cracked open.

1 word to describe your Vincent's Aces. WOW!

I feel that these and the new Malone DVDs are the only DVDs one needs for a long long time. We are being spoiled with great magic!

15 out of 10
antonio123
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
138 Posts

Profile of antonio123
Bad news for you - Rhapsody in Silver and other mysteries is coming soon ;-)
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1261 Posts

Profile of Medifro
I have to save some more cash now. Every performance of Michael Vincint on his youtube channel has been inspirational.

~ Feras

P.S Darwin, I'd love to see you as a reviewer in magic magazines. That was extremely well written.
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of ASW
I've just watched these DVDs and they are absolutely superb. Michael is one of the best magicians in the world today. His magic is elegant and entertaining and what's more he truly is a gentleman and a very generous person. As I've said before, Michael is the British Mike Skinner. As Jack Carpenter would say, "he has the touch!"

Just watching the performance segments on these DVDs should be an education for many magicians who may have been under the misapprehension that you need to have snappy one-liners and constant gags to hold and amaze an audience. Michael treats his audiences with respect and demands their respect as he shares his own sense of amazement and respect for the art of magic.

As Darwin noted there really is a motherlode of great material and advice on the DVDs. The one handed bottom deal is just one absolutely amazing item that I have had the pleasure to see Mike execute close up while sessioning in restaurants in London. I can say that no one does this move as beautifully as Mike, and he has so many great little tips and apps for it. It just looks like he deals off the top card - an incredible illusion.

If you're serious about studying high-end card magic - great construction and thinking and the highest standards of technique, wedded to a polished engaging style of performance - then you will find this disc set to be of immense and enduring value. It's really like having a long session or chat with Michael. Trust me, it's just like being there and having your mind blown with superb thinking and technique.

As an aside, I can truly say that I am honoured to count Michael as a dear friend. I am constantly amazed at his passion for our art, but even more so by the fact that he is such an incredibly kind and generous and genuine person - both privately and when performing.

These discs are terrific and I am going to recommend them to everyone who asks me for advice on the best sources of material and theory.

Andrew Wimhurst
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Michael is a magical performer, no doubt. He is capable of holding an audience spellbound, and this is shown clearly throughout this set.

It is a pleasure to watch some 'heavy duty' card magic being performed so effortlessly in a REAL close up setting.

These discs are essential for anyone interested in performing powerful card magic, especially the performance sections. It is obvious Michaels timing and misdirection comes from years of experience in front of real audiences, and careful study of these dvds will provide a solid foundation for those in the early years of performing card magic, and inspire those of us who have spent have spent "a few more" years at it.

Thank you Michael. I hope to meet and thank you in person one day.

Greg
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
RajeshLGov
View Profile
Regular user
India
149 Posts

Profile of RajeshLGov
It was a pleasure watching the Classic Magic of MV vol 1. As for whether using a wallet is valid r not, Mr. Vincent is not asking anyone to duplicate his routines..... Just get inspired & perform it as per yr persona/style watever you call it Smile
Watched a promo of R in S, personally it din look that great as every move can be worked out by a person with knowledge in coin magic. As far as Classic Magic is concerned it is really very good & worth the money you put in to it.
Best Wishes,
Raj.
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Quote:
On 2009-06-27 18:40, ASW wrote:
As an aside, I can truly say that I am honoured to count Michael as a dear friend. I am constantly amazed at his passion for our art, but even more so by the fact that he is such an incredibly kind and generous and genuine person - both privately and when performing.

Amen to that. Michael is a true gentleman and an excellent magician. I love his very classy demeanor and his thinking in magic. I am also honored to call him a friend.
ME
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
578 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Guys,
Seriously, the material and information that Michael demonstrates and shares on these DVDs are superb. These are the kind of DVDs that you should watch over and over again and really study the material as well as putting in the effort of practicing.

I had the pleasure of watching Michael perform live at a rare appearance here in NYC a few years ago at Monday Night Magic. I remember sitting there entranced by his magic saying to myself, this is the kind of magic I want to perform. And what a gentleman! Get these DVDs, you won't regret it.

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of ASW
Quote:
On 2009-07-01 16:21, Mark Ennis wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-06-27 18:40, ASW wrote:

Amen to that. Michael is a true gentleman and an excellent magician. I love his very classy demeanor and his thinking in magic. I am also honored to call him a friend.

Still, I bet he couldn't eat as many racks of ribs as you and me in one sitting.
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
Quote:
On 2009-07-02 04:35, ASW wrote:
Still, I bet he couldn't eat as many racks of ribs as you and me in one sitting.

I wouldn’t be so sure. I’ve seen him in action. I wouldn’t want to get between any of the three of you and a slab of beef. (Actually, this sounds like a good proposition bet if I can figure out a way to gaff it.)

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
(a)ndy
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
164 Posts

Profile of (a)ndy
This is my favourite DVD purchase over the last year.

I have quite a few card magic DVDs but this is one I will watch again and again. Michael's magic is so elegant and natural in delivery and devastating in effect.

I really hope to get an opportunity to see Michael live some point in the future.
pkmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Paul knight
140 Posts

Profile of pkmagic
Excellent DVDs. Up there with some of the best, however, can anyone advise me where on DVD 2 the prologue to Triumph can be found? Im sure I'm being blind, but I just cant find it!
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I believe "Prologue to Triumph" is actually on disc three. I think it's mistakenly listed as being on disc two on the packaging.
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
733 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Hi All.

I just read the Genii review. It makes it sound like these are really card DVDs. I have the first Tapestry of Deception DVD, and absolutely loved Michael's attention to theory as it applied to magic. Does his Classic Magic DVD set go into this much, or is this better covered in his Tapestry series?

thanks,

- Frank
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1882 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2009-07-22 15:04, Frank L. wrote:
Hi All.

I just read the Genii review. It makes it sound like these are really card DVDs. I have the first Tapestry of Deception DVD, and absolutely loved Michael's attention to theory as it applied to magic. Does his Classic Magic DVD set go into this much, or is this better covered in his Tapestry series?

thanks,

- Frank

Sadly the Classics set doesn't go nearly as deeply into theory as Tapestry serie Smile However the material in classics set is also good and it doesn't overlap with tapestry serie so its worth getting as well. However I still would recommend tapestry serie over classics if one would have to chose just one of the two sets.

Juha-Matti