The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Identity (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20~21~22 [Next]
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3102 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I am responding to Blacklock. First, big Sanders fan, find his stuff to usually be a good value. Fiber Optics, Extreme burn are almost category killers as far as I am concerned (what more do you need for rope or bills). That said, I am also scrutinizing the hand position during the final change. This is certainly not the position for the chnage we are all thinking of from snowstorm or named. And "no card switch?" I have pre-ordered (at the very least you know from experience it will ship on time) and hope for something new rather than add copy hyperbole or fast cutting and camera work with the trailor.

Posted: May 10, 2009 7:22pm
Addendum. In the trailer, during a live performance over the shoulder shot of the last change, the finger position appears quite familiar. I understand the use of creative license during trailers to preserve the secret. Still, I would be disappointed
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
It looks like the daniel madison change that appeared on youtube a couple of months back! I'm almost sure that it won't actually look like that. If it did one could use it for soo many applications! Although I'm not getting my hopes up.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
In Latest and Greatest, Richard answered some questions folks have raised:

[quote]On 2009-05-10 22:07, Richard Sanders wrote:

Hi Guys,

To answer a few questions:
Yes, Named was the seed of inspiration for Identity.

However, Identity is by no means a re-release of an old item.
In fact forget what you know about Named and get ready to take that effect much further than you ever thought possible.

As with all my releases I only want to offer the cream of the crop as far as effects and impact on an audience. Identity is no exception to that rule.

I don’t want to waste your time with compilation DVDs that includes 3 good effects and 7 lukewarm ones. Instead I try to offer you HARD HITTING MAGIC that you will use. Identity takes what I believe are the some most commercial elements of card magic and combines them into one ROCK EM SOCK EM, take no prisoners, card effect.

What is particularly important and interesting to magicians is the compilation of information and ideas on the DVD. I have worked very hard to create an effect that is quite possibly, THE STRONGEST SIGNED CARD EFFECT THAT YOU CAN DO.

Now, I know that's a BOLD STATEMENT to make as everyone's tastes are different.
However, after a series of impossible transpositions with the cards, there is just no getting around the fact that when the marks on the back of "their selection" visually morph into their very own name...IT'S OVER...pandemonium breaks loose.

THEN...with no switch, you give the card to them to keep...just as a REAL magician would Smile

Identity could stand on it’s own as a very strong card effect, without the name change ending. But, with the name change ending...Identity stands alone, taking itself far beyond a mere card trick into a moment of pure astonishment.

Re repeatability: The gimmick is not damaged and/or destroyed during the effect.
It can be used over and over. Only the selected card is given away.

Re: the card change: I include 3 different card changes that can be used for the effect, including the one used on the demo.

Re: getting their name, trust me when I tell you that they are flabbergasted when their name appears on the card. You will learn how to do this on the DVD.
If you are familiar with my previous work, you know that I tell it like it is.
Watch the demo again and look at the OVER THE TOP REACTIONS for this.
In particular, look at the girl at the end. Her jaw is dropped wide open for a good 5 seconds! It’s pure astonishment!

Oh ya, for the guys that "have it all figured out", I thought about you too and there is a special version of the effect on the DVD designed specifically to fry laymen AND MAGICIANS.
In fact, there is even a special version of the effect for those times where you are not as prepared as you wish you were...and you will still be able to do Identity.
This DVD is comprehensive in its scope and powerful in its impact.
This is a real world worker, not a pipe dream.

Identity, ships June 1.

You can order the pre-release special until May 20th on my web site here:
http://www.sandersfx.com/identitymc.html

Thank for your tremendous support guys...it is much appreciated!!!!!

Best regards,

Richard Sanders
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Ian Blacklock
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Ian Blacklock
Quote:
On 2009-05-10 19:22, Xcath1 wrote:
Addendum. In the trailer, during a live performance over the shoulder shot of the last change, the finger position appears quite familiar. I understand the use of creative license during trailers to preserve the secret. Still, I would be disappointed

Exactly! Believe me I don't want to disect the effect or expose anything other than the fact the demo itself is rather misleading.
There are no such things as problems, merely opportunities for solutions.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3102 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Richard implied in the post above that there are some "magician" foolers here and hype or not I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt passed on past experience
Ian Blacklock
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Ian Blacklock
Xcath1, I would love to be proved wrong, and if so I'll happily eat my top hat, but something tells me until Mr. Sanders reshoots that demo my hat is safe...
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Ian, Richard states that there a multiple handlings on the dvd. I'm sure the "traditional" method for the change is used along with a new change. Do you own Extreme Burn? If you do, you know that Richard packs his dvds with a lot of alternate handlings.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I'm interested to see how the advert and a real review compare. Even if the effect is what we all think it is ,it would be a nice one but for the asking price and this being Richard Sanders I'm hoping there's more to this than we are seeing..but one the other hand, if a simple method achieves the same effect to the spectator why complicate it if it?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Read the ad cppy and what Richard wrote above and you pretty much know what you are getting. Sounds like a lot of Alternate Handlings and a few different routines.

The ad copy states that there is over 2 hours of material. And you know it isn't going to be fluff.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2009-05-11 16:09, The Mac wrote: Even if the effect is what we all think it is ,it would be a nice one but for the asking price and this being Richard Sanders I'm hoping there's more to this than we are seeing...

Knowing Richards very detailed DVD's I don't consider the price out of line at all.

~gaffed~
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Looks like a cool trick. I'm in for a pre-order.
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Sanders has never disappointed me...I happily pre-ordered.
Ian Blacklock
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Ian Blacklock
Cameron, I hear you my friend and I have no doubt Richard puts a lot of work into the effects he releases, including this one, which I really like by the way but I stand by my claim that things shown in the demo aren't exactly as they seem.

On a different note, I also understand creators of certain effects not wanting to show them 'warts and all' on a video clip for someone to reverse engineer, but to be economical with the truth by showing an interpretation of the effect is a different matter altogether.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Going on Richard's track record,I'm getting this.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Ian Blacklock:

Since you're new to TMC, you may not know that one of the most looked-down-upon type of post here is a negative comment from someone who doesn't even have the trick.

Unless your goal is to be part of an unfortunately long list of knowitalls who, among other things, pre-judge new tricks before buying and trying, maybe it would be wise to quit stirring up the dirt. Personally, I'm waiting for the reviews, not more negative conjecture.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Ian, I don't understand your post. He flat out says that there is more than one change, taught. So why so skeptical? I haven't seen the dvd yet but I'm willing to wager money that the change shown in the demo is taught on the dvd. He pretty much says it is.
Ian Blacklock
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Ian Blacklock
Steve Hook:

I actually think Identity is a bloody good piece of magic but I am very aware of what is happening in the 'demo'.

I am only informing potential buyers of this to let them have a more informed purchase, and not, as you say, stirring up the dirt.

I too am eagerly awaiting the reviews...
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
[quote]On 2009-05-10 23:58, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-05-10 22:07, Richard Sanders wrote:

Re: the card change: I include 3 different card changes that can be used for the effect, including the one used on the demo.

Thank for your tremendous support guys...it is much appreciated!!!!!

Best regards,

Richard Sanders
Ian Blacklock
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Ian Blacklock
Cameron, in all sincerity, I would love for you to be right on this.

Mr. Sanders is a fine magician who has released some absolute gems to the magic community, as have you, but I just had to call it how I see it my friend, and that is the last I'll say on the matter till the reviews are in.
MikeOB
View Profile
Loyal user
Doylestown, PA
217 Posts

Profile of MikeOB
I always liked Richards effects. He puts a lot into his DVD's. I am definetely getting this. I am in for a preorder. He is the type of person you can trust.