The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Eric Jones Mirage Trailer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Eric,
Thank you for demonstrating with your natural class that the difference is not so much in the methods than in the style and personality.

Love your performing style: it flows effortlessly and feels like real magic. Maybe this is why people think that what we do deserves being called art...
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
Eric

I just want to say thank you. These are some of the best instructional CD's that I've seen. The over the hould shot enhance the instructions.

Joe
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-12-21 16:39, Lawrence O wrote:
Eric,
Thank you for demonstrating with your natural class that the difference is not so much in the methods than in the style and personality.

Love your performing style: it flows effortlessly and feels like real magic. Maybe this is why people think that what we do deserves being called art...

So well said!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
I received and watched my DVD yesterday.

1 word. WOW!

Great job Eric! Worth every penny.
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Quote:
On 2008-12-23 08:44, in flames wrote:
I received and watched my DVD yesterday.

1 word. WOW!

Great job Eric! Worth every penny.

I got mine today, just on time before x'mas. I give it a second WOW!

Thansk for sharing your great work Eric, I m very pleased with my purchase.

Have a nice Christmas everyone!

Bob
Best Regards,

Bob
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Anyone willing to post an honest review of the material on the DVD?
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Indeed!

First the disclaimer. . . Eric is my friend. I've also been a student of his for almost a year. So, I guess you couldn't say this is an unbiased review, but it wasn't asked for (other than above) and I'm not getting anything for doing it. That being said, I generally don't review anything on the Café unless I really like it.

On the disc are three effects that can be routined together quite nicely. They could also be routined in with other three coin effects if that's your bag.

"Out with Three" is Eric's three coin production. It's funny. It's smooth. And, it's not difficult. That being said, I've been working on it for several months on and off, since Eric first taught it to me, and I can't approach the smoothness with which Eric does it. That's completely my problem though. Honestly, I haven't practiced it enough. I have time management issues, but that's another story.

The second effect, "Spectator's Visible Coins Across" really blows my mind. Coins literally jump from hand to hand and back again. It's visually one of the most magically stunning routines I've seen. I've been working on this for several months as well. I've done parts of it for folks at work when I've been practicing during lunch and it always gets a great reaction. Again, it's not difficult, but will take time to get the smoothness that makes it so deceptive. You can really see Geoff Latta's influence here, whom Eric credits for inspiration.

The third effect, "The Three Klan Vanish" or "KKK" is a fantastic way to wrap up the routine. It's a visual vanish of the three coins from the previous effects inspired by Rune Klan (also credited). In fact, I have plans to modify it a bit to help with my coin and cylinder routine that's been giving me nightmares. I hadn't worked on this before, but believe me, I have since seeing this.

Eric is a great teacher, in person and on this dvd, who shares it all. He clearly explains what you need to be doing and why. I think the why is often more important than the how. I'm the kind of guy, as Eric might tell you, that almost unconsciously looks for short cuts in magic. Eric's been very kind in nudging me into doing things the right way from the beginning. This comes through well on the dvd. Eric covers everything clearly in a step by step manner and explains why he does things the way he does.

There's nothing difficult on this dvd, but I wouldn't call it easy either. None of the moves are out of my range, being a relative beginner to coin magic, but it takes practice to get things down smoothly in such a way that they look magical. The effects of Eric's dvd are well worth the time it will take, though. On top of all that, Kozmo does his usual excellent job with production.

Just get it.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3355 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Thanks for review
SleepingJag
View Profile
New user
NC
35 Posts

Profile of SleepingJag
Great review Mark
Bethea Baker
The Price of Freedom isn't free
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Mark, great review!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
A great review, I believe we can't agree more with you.
Best Regards,

Bob
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1265 Posts

Profile of Salby
I bought this DVD... Some Great stuff and the teaching is phenomenal!!!

One question for now... Is Eric Left-handed or ambi-dextrous??

He seems to classic palm most stuff in the Left-hand.

I can classic palm in my right-hand (I'm right-handed), but still fumbling with the Left-hand classic palm.

Should I just reverse the moves he does, assuming he is left-handed?
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Hey....great question. I'm a southpaw, and mention randomly throughout that if you're right handed, to simply mirror my actions. However, when it comes to the SVCA portion, I will recommend you trying it exactly as described so the coins pass from your spectators left to your spectators right. It makes the entire effect easier to follow seeing how we read from left to right, look left to right before crossing the street, etc.
<BR>
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1265 Posts

Profile of Salby
Thanks Eric...

I continued through to KKK where you mentioned it a few times.

You are one heck of an instructor, let alone having that innovative mind.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
I just picked this up, and I agree with all the raves. This is one excellent routine. Mark's review is pretty spot on. The effort here won't be learning the sleights, as they're fairly straightforward... but plan to spend considerable time getting everything to flow as smoothly as Eric does. It'll be well worth it when you do!

Great job!

P.S. Kudos to the design and production folks on this... beautiful product!
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Just wanted to let you guys know that Mirage Et Trois is now available on my website as well.

http://www.E-mmaculatedeceptions.com
<BR>