The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: The Spritz Switch/The Paper Dollar by Lonnie Chevrie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Gman, just because you don't see it, that doesn't mean there isn't a difference. I listed the differences here and elsewhere. There are differences, and they make this effect better.

pepka, the bills can be handed out for examination in this one too. No gimmicks though...
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
You have to lose the $1 first. Plus, why would you hand someone a $100? When I perform the switch changing a small bill to a large one, I never hand the large one out.
AdrianKeller
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of AdrianKeller
Why would you have to lose the $1 first? you get it from your purse (or whatever), unfold it, hand it out, get it back and do the change. no problem.

but the routine isn't designed for much audience interaction. btw. very seldom do I let spectators examine my props. I just reduces the flow of the routines. it's a $1 bill. so what should be special about it?

btw ... $ ... just like the juan $100 bill switch this one isn't made for currency with different sizes. it's possible, but doesn't look that good. that's why I'll stick to the paper dollar anyway ... it's quite a standard handling for the bill switch, but I like it.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Quote:
On 2008-11-19 17:47, pepka wrote:
You have to lose the $1 first. Plus, why would you hand someone a $100? When I perform the switch changing a small bill to a large one, I never hand the large one out.

If you have any audience management you will not have to ditch the one dollar bill. When you finish changing it, you can say:

"Here, look at it. Haha...just kidding. You think I would trust you with this? I'll keep this to myself..."

And then continue with Lonnie's presentation. Lonnie has been performing this for over 25 years I think he said, obviously it has been working for him.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-11-19 01:16, pepka wrote:
Yeah, but in Extreme Burn, Heiny, the bills can be handed out right before and after.

Why show the same? Use Spritz Switch on a different occasion. You might want to mark Extreme Burn #1 on your list. But at the next get together, show Spritz Switch.

Oh yea, I'm adored with your post. Smile
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
This just hit the sixth best selling DVD according to Murphy's Magic Supplies.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1872 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Simple answer for me is to change the $100 note in to something I can let the spec hold- A souvenir $100 note and they can keep it too. Then I ask them if they would to keep the souvenir or what is inside Box #1 Smile
-Or other container, envelope, etc. I happen to have. If they decide to keep the souvenir I can then produce the $100 note as if that is what they would have won. If they choose to give back the souvenir I can produce a different giveaway such as a coupon for a local business whom I have traded marketing plugs with or a discount on a show from me or a chocolate coin Smile
You can keep going with this and make it larger routine instead of just a single phase trick.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.