The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Slow Burn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
An office supply store may be best, or perhaps a general good store.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
I perform Hundy 500 more than any other trick in my repetoire. Probably because I always have it with me ready to go, and for some reason, people love money tricks! I get awesome reactions with it. Specs rarely ask to see the bills, but I have no problem handing most of them out. However, EVERYONE asks if I will do it with their money. Luckily Greg provides a few outs for this situation.
Daniel M. Carrico
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3635 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Just curious, what are most of you guys transforming the one dollars into? I just made mine using blank paper and one dollar bills to practice. However I'm thinking of ones to tens for the effect when I do it in public. Anyone using foreign currency like in the video?
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

As previously mentioned, I use Dominican 10-peso notes. You can get enough for the effect at any airport currency exchange counter.

The criteria I used was simple, BTW; I said to the clerk, "I'm looking for bills about the size of a US dollar." Total cost, $3.50. (Sorry, but I don't have the $100 bills to throw around for my work! Smile)
Cheers,
Steve

daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
rowdymagi5,

Since most of the people I perform for are teenagers, I change the ones into tens. I just didn't think that I should be carrying around $500+ dollars around school.
Daniel M. Carrico
Paris
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
110 Posts

Profile of Paris
I like to use one dollar bills, with new crisp 2 dollar bills. I talk about doubling your money.
Chris Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield, TX
155 Posts

Profile of Chris Boyd
Quote:
On 2003-04-07 10:34, Paris wrote:
I likel to use one dollar bills, with new crisp 2 dollar bills. I talk about doubling your money.

As do I. I show them the twos claiming I now have eight one dollar bills. They say, "Huh?" I say, "Sure, you didn't know two dollar bills are really made out of two one dollar bills?" I hand one out to be inspected. When I take it back I fold it into eighths, fake pass it to my left hand, while I take the wad (and the folded two) and put them in my right pocket, pulling out my gimmick for the two dollar tear. "See if I squeeze the bill, it vanishes. To my right hand!" Then I go into Ammar's $2 to $1 switch.
Chris Boyd
"Jaws dropping is the sweetest sound..."
kull_spider
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
115 Posts

Profile of kull_spider
I can't seem to find rubber cement here. I've checked everywhere and no one seems to have heard of it. I have checked one of the largest office supply store here but to no avail.

What I did find though was 'contact cement'. This is the closest of what I could find to that of rubber cement. I was wondering if I could use 'contact cement' instead, or is rubber cement a MUST? Smile

P/S: Does Hundy 500 also require rubber cement?
Mark Butcher
View Profile
Regular user
Rochester, NY
116 Posts

Profile of Mark Butcher
I would not use contact cement as the stuff bonds instantly and permanently leaving you no time to make any alignment adjustments.

The two main reasons for using rubber cement IMO are:

1. It provides working time to get the bills alignned properly.

2. You can undo the gimmick without destroying the bills and spend them.

If you don't mind making a permanent gimmick I would think most other glues that don't bond instantly should provide satisfactory results.

The same thing applies for the Hundy 500.

-Mark
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I love the Slow Burn, and actually use it a whole routine, doing it twice in a row! (my routine is motivation for $1's to $5, and then back again)

The question about handing out the bills came up in this thread, and usually does in any discussion of Slow Burn, and I will say that I really do hand out the Bills.
Just Not really the gimmicked Bills: But here is what I do. Immediately after performing, I place the Bill packet back in my shirt pocket where I got it from.

Almost every time, I perform, someone asks at the end to see the bills. But by then, they are already back in my pocket, (even if I hear the requests before they get back in, I continue and put them back...) but being accommodating upon "realizing that they want to examine the bills", I continue to pull out the nicely folded crisp packet of $1 bills and offer it the sceptical spectator, who finds nothing but 4 crisp new $1 bills.

Obviously, I keep a pack of crisp $1's in the same pocket as I pull, and replace the Burn bills. I use two card packet tricks as separators, so the bills are not visible through my shirt, then to separate the bill packets.

I just burned a bunch of magicians by handing the bill pack back immediately upon request, and always burn the lay folks by responding to their examination request.

It happens so inncocently, and right in flow, and with practice you do it so clean that it will appear that you never even took your hand off the Burn Bills as you keep it in one motion, the gimmicked bills go into your pocket and clean ones back out in a continuous move.

I am ordering Hundy 500 also, just to make sure that I have all of the best moves on this great effect of instant money changes.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
One Question about Hundy 500 and Slow Burn. If you have your packet set up for one of these effects, could you do either one of them without setting up again?

Thanks.

Ivan Smile
Yours,

Ivan
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Well, yes you can do Slow Burn again immediately. But why would you want to do so? This is truly one of those effects that loses any punch if you do it again for people. The impact grows the more they think about it.
Cheers,
Steve

AlexWong
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of AlexWong
kull_spider, I had problems finding it too. But most local stationary stores do not sell it in our region, I believe. You need to go to specialized art stores to find it. Give them a call to see if they have it.

Otherwise, if you every make a trip down to Singapore, Art Friend at Bras Basar ( Funny name, ain't it? Sounds like Bras' Bazzare) sells rubber cement.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Steve, I think Niva was asking if the same setup worked for either one; slow burn AND hundy 500?

But without rearranging or resetting from one mode to the other.

And that is also my question. Can I just pull the packet of bills, and do one or other, depending on the circumstances?

Or is there a different setup for Hundy, than for Slow Burn.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Yes guys. It's the same exact gimmick for both tricks.
rmbrannon
View Profile
New user
Georgia
32 Posts

Profile of rmbrannon
Received Slow Burn in the mail, it's an awesome effect. I have Hundy 500 also. I use both depending on the situation. Smile
kull_spider
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
115 Posts

Profile of kull_spider
Just arrived!

I am so excited..right then off to watch it..

Smile Smile Smile on the house!
Rich Fredeking
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, Florida
147 Posts

Profile of Rich Fredeking
If you want to do Hundy 500 you need to add 2 bills...because it uses 5 and slow burn uses 4.
Rich Fredeking
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
So, can't you do it just the same and call it Hundy 300? Smile

Ivan
Yours,

Ivan
kull_spider
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
115 Posts

Profile of kull_spider
Smile Great video!

Sanders is one funny guy! Smile

Only problem is finding the right bills..