The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: New Justin Miller DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Hey alex,
How have you been. I heard your performance in peru was great!
Maybe we could jam sometime.

Justin N. Miller
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3107 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Received Justin's DVD yesterday.
I haven't had a chance to watch the entire DVD but what I did watch was very good.
It was shot, I'm assuming in Justin's home. It is not a professionally produced DVD but that didn't bother me.

I wish Justin would have inserted chapters on the DVD. By not doing this you have to fast forward through the DVD to get to a specific performance. Like a VHS tape.
I will probably re-record it on to another DVD and insert the chapters myself.

The effects I did see I was more than satisfied with. Good Stuff !! Just wanted to give a heads up on this little fop-aux.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Now you know why it is called BACKSTAGE Access..I wanted to give the masses the same feel in teaching as my Custom DVD Series Customers have.

Justin N. Miller
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Got it today thanks justin!
3 card melody...very nice!
I have always struggled with jk hartman pop out move though
do you have an alternative for the first move/card?
cheers mate
matt
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
You could do either Piet Forton's pop out or even Daryl's Hot Shot cut as long as you don't let the packets coalesce.

DO
do magic

www.8bom.net
double_lift
View Profile
Veteran user
Platform 9 3/4
355 Posts

Profile of double_lift
Hi, Justin

I got the DVD a couple of days ago but couldn't watch it until last night.

I liked it very much, specially "Three Card Melody", although I will probably change the handling a little bit, too; and also "Keyed-Up", pretty, pretty nice.

Thanks, man.
"There's a world of difference between the spectators not knowing how something is done and them knowing that it can't be done."
(Simon Aronson)
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I can't do a hot shot....
donny, how hard is the Piet Forton's pop out ?
cheers
double_lift
View Profile
Veteran user
Platform 9 3/4
355 Posts

Profile of double_lift
Hi Matt,

Piet Forton's 'Pop Out' is more "knacky" than hard. However, you should try JK Hartman's move a little bit more, it isn't hard at all, and it fits very well here.

You can also do the old cut in which you reveal the bottom card and it seems to come from the middle of the deck. It must have a name but I can't recall it now. Briefly: hold the deck in biddle-grip with your right hand. Now swing-cut the top half of the deck with your right first finger onto the left hand, then your left thumb contacts the bottom card of the packet that's still in your right hand (the original bottom half) and kind of turns it around and on to the top of the right hand packet. It seems to come right from the middle of the deck.

Hope it helps,
"There's a world of difference between the spectators not knowing how something is done and them knowing that it can't be done."
(Simon Aronson)
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-04-29 04:07, matt.magicman wrote:
cheers mate
matt

Wonderful!
I used Hartmans because of the impossibility of the reveal..it really fits here nicely.
What seem to be you hang-up with it.

Justin N. Miller
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-04-29 08:33, double_lift wrote:
Hi, Justin

I liked it very much, specially "Three Card Melody", although I will probably change the handling a little bit, too; and also "Keyed-Up", pretty, pretty nice.

Thanks, man.

Wonderful! I am glad you are enjoying the routines. Keyed-up is a real crowd pleaser.
I would love to see what you come up with.

Justin N. Miller
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Best of luck with this release. Justin always puts out top notch work.
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-04-29 08:33, double_lift wrote:
Hi, Justin

Thanks, man.

Wonderful! I am glad you are enjoying the routines. Keyed-up is a real crowd pleaser.
I would love to see what you come up with.

Justin N. Miller
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Quote:
On 2008-04-29 12:54, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-04-29 04:07, matt.magicman wrote:
cheers mate
matt

Wonderful!
I used Hartmans because of the impossibility of the reveal..it really fits here nicely.
What seem to be you hang-up with it.

Justin N. Miller

its just the pulling of the card from under the deck with the fingers for me
I have always found this tricky
any tips?
top effect anyway mate
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Any tips, anyone??
thanks matt
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Ok, once again I have answered my own post.........
what I have come up with so far is this:
for the first revelation
hold the deck face down, say they can find the 1st card
slip cut force, but when you cut the deck, bring the right hand packet of cards over the top of the left pack
use the tips of the right fingers to slide the forced card forwards as the two halves come together
tak ethe card out, replace it on top of the deck as you triple lift and carry on as per justin's routine
this way you can produce the "card" face down, without distubing the top stock
I'll use this for the time being, while I try to get the pop down as smooth as justin!
I hope this helps all the less able people like my self ( if there is anyone else??)........
;)
bugula
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of bugula
I'm sorry I missed this release - is there any word when the Kozmo Magic version will be available?
fionter747
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of fionter747
Quote:
On 2008-04-08 17:13, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Justin Miller,one of the world's top close-up performers, has a new release. It's called " All Access Backstage"

We can order here:
http://www.closeupjm.com/

The Effects:

S.A.F 3.0- This is the final version of Justin's Seal-A-Feign effect from Strolling Hands 1 and 2

3 Card Melody- the perfect effect for any walk-around enviorment with a normal,borrowed deck of cards...this one WILL go into your act!

3X- They get 3 chances to see if they can figure it out only to find a HUGE surprise at the end.

Guardians version 1- Borrowed deck, no gimmicks, and the most deceptive mystery card to date.

Guardians version 2- Same as 1 but with 2 selections and a twist at the end.

Keyed-Up- Make a drawing on a card come to life. A perfect strolling effect. (featured in Justin's 2005 notes HUH!)

The Force- From a shuffled deck a freely selected card is found to float out of the center of the deck and flips face up.

Traveling Light- A story of postal shipping and the most deceptive card switch around.

V.C.R- A new way to do the Haunted Pack. People everywhere have been raving about this one!

Triple Take- Push 3 coins through the center of a table and into a waiting glass bowl with no funny moves and then cause all three to unexpectedly come right back through at the same time. You truly Have to see this to believe it.