The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Richard Sanders Fiber Optics Extended DVD (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
So the question then becomes, for those of us who already have "All the original eye-popping material from Fiber Optics," whether the new stuff alone is worth the purchase.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Quote:
On 2008-02-12 16:40, LobowolfXXX wrote:
So the question then becomes, for those of us who already have "All the original eye-popping material from Fiber Optics," whether the new stuff alone is worth the purchase.

Agreed.

I think it is & took the plunge...but still waiting for it.

peace, charlie
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I bet this new stuff will be gold. Richard does not rush stuff out to the market. He takes his time and the quality shows.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I've never bought anything from Richard that I wasn't 110% thrilled with. IMO, he's released the best card DVD (Super Cards) and the best non-card DVD (Fiber Optics) in recent memory. To say nothing of the Sanders Show, the Sankey/Sanders Sessions, Interlaced, etc.

Having said that, I'd still like to hear from someone with regard to the value of the new DVD for someone who already owns Fiber Optics. To some extent, it's like buying an annual pass to Disneyland after you've already bought a summer pass.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Richard told me today that he soon will have the rope used in FOE in stock.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
VisualRiddles
View Profile
New user
Clarion, Pennsylvania
41 Posts

Profile of VisualRiddles
I was never into rope magic, but after watching the vid, I'm converted. What skill level would you rate this dvd, for someone who has never done rope magic before.
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
Anyone get this yet.
I 'preordered' and it was supposed to have gone out around the 30th and I haven't got it yet.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3105 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I just go it today from preorder, haven't at a good chance to look through it
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
How about we all keep our shirts on and give Richard some breathing room in getting these delivered. Every other post doesn't have to be "it's not here yet".
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3105 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Have had a better look. Already own Fiber Optics. I am not disapponted in the new DVD. As for value, well I do not think it doubles the material offered on the first DVD so for some this would immediatly imply a poor value. However the disc is so modestly priced, especially compared to single trick offerings (and already discounted at on-line vendors)that I was more than happy to pay for what was perhaps 30 to 40% of new material.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Quote:
On 2008-02-12 19:57, Peo Olsson wrote:
Richard told me today that he soon will have the rope used in FOE in stock.

Is the rope he uses the Elite Rope or is it another type?

John
swtrocks
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
206 Posts

Profile of swtrocks
Quick question for anyone with Fiber Optics or the new Extended DVD. Would a new beginner in rope magic with previous sleight of hand experience be able to pick this up and with sufficient practice become proficient at the material?
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3105 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
To swtrocks, YES.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Definitely yes.

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I love the Elite rope. I think it's the best but it's too expensive for scissor routines. I found some that I love for scissor routines but it's also great for strolling because it's not overly bulky but it does look nice and thick. Not too heavy either. All the FOE I've sold get a length of this rope in their package added for free. I love the stuff.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
Quote:
On 2008-02-12 22:17, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
How about we all keep our shirts on and give Richard some breathing room in getting these delivered. Every other post doesn't have to be "it's not here yet".

Seeing as I was the ONLY "its not here yet" post....im not sure what you're talking about.

Now that said I have never had anything take that long to get to me so that is why I was just checking the general consensus. I believe I am allowed to do so...especially on here...how else would I be able to otherwise.

I got it today and watched the performance parts. The routine is nice...but I don't understand the need to say there are five or however many presentations when the variations are so small....almost to the point of insignificance due to the "effect" being exactly the same.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Is the Elite rope included in the DVD purchase price, or, is it an added item that can be puchased in conjunction with the FOE DVD purchase?

Thanks for the info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Ok... hoping to get mine in the mail soon. Should be here any day now. And I don't think it is Richard's side at all. My mail man I think is learning magic too!
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-02-15 18:14, Turk wrote:
Is the Elite rope included in the DVD purchase price, or, is it an added item that can be purchased in conjunction with the FOE DVD purchase?

Thanks for the info.

Mike

I ordered my copy from MJM magic and no, There was no rope included. I had heard talk at one point of rope being included from some dealers but so far I have not seen anyone doing this.

MJM sells elite white rope also.

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/elite-parl......796.html

Unfortunately I forgot to get rope when I ordered the DVD. Since I'm new to rope magic I didn't have any rope laying around so Now I have to wait to start to explore everything. So let this serve as a reminder to order some rope with your DVD if you don't have any.

As far as the DVD goes it looks fantastic. Richard has always been great at teaching and seems to really go the extra mile to make sure that you understand everything. I'll put up some more info when I've really had a chance to play with it.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Received my copy yesterday, and LOVING it!

I had already seen the original, but didn't own it yet, and there is some schweeeeeeet stuff among the new moves. I liked the multiple performances, as it shows how well some moves complement eachother in routining.

Hyper Ring, I am a little less excited about; Richard basically only uses one technique, but showing the link differently. They all look nice, but I believe that using the same methodology three times in a row can be a give-away. What I did like was how the ring enhances the illusion of the 'endless loop'.

Teaching is, as usual, clear, concise and well filmed. The inclusion of an easter egg was a nice touch. ;-)