The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: The Ninja Series :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I'm sure that many of the people that buy the video turn out to be magicians. Street magic video is more for beginners, If you have been into magic long enough you should know most of the tricks. Insidemagic does a lot more on presentation, you get to see a performance on the street for every trick.
tricky54
View Profile
New user
ohio
50 Posts

Profile of tricky54
I will agree with redstreak but the pricing is way too much, like cheezy cool said "besides what beginners know about magic any way" because of this I do not like what they are doing at ellusionist...
essentialy robbing beginners blind. Smile
TrIcKy54
webbandit2000
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of webbandit2000
Charles Manson said it best..

"Take any 18 year old kid and tell them they're special, that they are important. They've never heard those words before, even from their parents. They will be your followers forever. That's all I did."

Congratulations to Brad Christian for creating his own following. I just hope they don't kill anybody Smile

cheers!
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Didn't like them. I thought they were over priced as well. The lack of crediting and the new names for classic tricks made me laugh. I suppose the material is decent, just poorly put together.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
stealthwizard87
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of stealthwizard87
Ahem. I happen to be a member of the Ninja Forums back at Ellusionist. First off I'd like to say yes there does happen to be a lot of Blaine wannabes but that's not all that there is. Isn't there that one specific magician out there that you would like to be like...who you idol? Second, yes you could say their products are overpriced. It all comes down to a prefrence thing. Third, the crediting issue is getting old too fast. As one of my fellow ellusionist members stated here (RTShowmann)...why hold on to this? Ellusionist realized their mistakes and have now credited their videos. And if what alphaproject says is true and you are a member of the forums that isn't a good thing to be saying. All of this is of course my opinion.
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Being a moderator of the Ellusionist forums, myself, I have all the videos and products that Brad Christian released thus far. Reluctant to be 'another biased employee,' I often give very formal, honest reviews of these products within the website's forums. A major flaw of which I openly state several times is that many of the products may appear a bit pricey. This is an opinion obviously shared by many magicians as well, however I believe that many performers will actually use most of the material taught within the videos. Thus the combination of workable (hard-hitting) material, fast shipping and customer service, broadcast quality footage, and informative discussions should at least meet up to par with the steep pricing. In my opinion, while expensive, the product prices are also justified.

The supposed renaming and improper crediting of classic effects is an outdated argument. Ellusionist has made its share of mistakes in the past but has also learned from them as well. The company has digitally remastered all their videos to give proper credit to where credit is due. As I stated in another thread, Ellusionist has also received permission to sell all the recent additions to their website. As a company, they are attempting to progress forward as ethically and morally as they can in the magic community. Check out what I had to say about this topic in [link=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=37335&forum=111&62&start=60]Favorite Ellusionist Video.[/link]

Also, as a moderator of the forums, I also see the rise of supposed 'wannabes' of the Blaine era. The most I can do about the situation is apologize. When the company first came out a few years ago, Ellusionist based their success on the fame of David Blaine's 'new' brand of magic. It hit hard, and as a general public company, it also raised sales. However, Brad offers some great lessons on how to be original, and his newer plans for the future will eventually digress from the Blaine hysteria, I can assure you. On the other hand, there are quite a few ignorant, narrow minded people on these boards as well. It's natural to take pride in where we belong, but it's inappropriate to bash such differences. So I'll leave it at that. Every online discussion forum has its flaws, period.

I hope I've encouraged people to at least be more open minded (if not accepting) of Ellusionist's unorthodox ways. They really are trying to correct that past and move into the future.

RT
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin

raymond.singson@gmail.com