The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Trespass DVD by Dan Army :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4465 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Jay, I understand what you are trying to say. Again, it isn't an age issue. I will forgive him in time, but for the moment, he should slow down a bit. He is banned from most forums out there due to his attitude etc.
Now, I actually would want to help the guy, if I could trust him. He needs to EARN trust back, that is all. Age isn't a thing. Josh Jay was young when he released Magic Atlas and Destroyers, both GREAT books, so he has a great reputation, from Dan's first two releases, he has so far a poor attempted book with a couple of ideas, not written well, and also an attempted direct rip off, including word for word manuscript copying! That is the difference I am getting at...making sense from my part at all?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
BlackDove
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of BlackDove
Thanks nitro, the age discrimination around here is horrible....its why I honestly don't liek these forums very much...if your under 18 people think you have no capability what so ever of comming up with magic, or even being good at it. And to the people that don't liek BLACK...what kind of magic do you perform? Because I can totally understand if the reason you didn't like it was becuase the effects (or writting style) don't match your style. Magicsanta....what do you mean by "people like me"...is that an insult? And please for the love of god don't call me...lil'fela. People can be so rude here...and yes Christopher, I much perfer Calvin.

EDIT: o and christopher I donate half of my funds to the autism solustion center, my little brother has it. so it seems we have something in common. =)
Nitro
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Nitro
Calvin,

No need to thank anything. I have a young brother that's why I jumped on this "wagon". If people want to be respected they have to learn to EARN respect. Calling you lil'fella it's not too much of respect. Let's start bashing MagicSanta!!! Words can be more painfull than actions! You should not judge anyone if you cannot also respect others.
Well, it's just my opinion, go ahead and bash the guy, magic will grow much more and everyone will be much more happy and informed on this review (?) thread.

My two cents,

Jay
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-08-01 15:35, Christopher Williams wrote:
Jay, I understand what you are trying to say. Again, it isn't an age issue. I will forgive him in time, but for the moment, he should slow down a bit. He is banned from most forums out there due to his attitude etc.
Now, I actually would want to help the guy, if I could trust him. He needs to EARN trust back, that is all. Age isn't a thing. Josh Jay was young when he released Magic Atlas and Destroyers, both GREAT books, so he has a great reputation, from Dan's first two releases, he has so far a poor attempted book with a couple of ideas, not written well, and also an attempted direct rip off, including word for word manuscript copying! That is the difference I am getting at...making sense from my part at all?

Chris, you said exactly what the problem is.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
So anyone take the plunge?

BlackDove, I have not witnessed much age discrimination on this forum and considering you only have fourteen or so posts, it doesn't seem to me you've been around long enough to have been apart of any such thing. I don't think ive even seen any real age discrimination issues, and it's not the age people are having a problem with.
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
TBH, I would much rather wait for Chris and Jeremy's Impervious and/or E's 3 CIBs. The aforementioned creators are much more experienced in the field of magic than Dan.
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
What the heck did you perform at 3 years old?

Quote:
On 2007-08-01 14:56, Christopher Williams wrote:

I am 20, coming up 21. However I have been in magic for 16, almost 17 years now
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
You can be "into magic" at 3 or 4 and not perform professionally. It still counts as time interested in magic.

When I was seven, I did a lot of tricks in my room or for my parents. I still count that time as a starting off point. I learned a lot of fundamentals of magic during those early years.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Quote:
On 2007-08-02 17:26, Cameron Francis wrote:
You can be "into magic" at 3 or 4 and not perform professionally. It still counts as time interested in magic.

Yes I know, the post was more in jest. Smile
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1221 Posts

Profile of APC
Alright, for the record, I have never had a problem with Christopher or Magicsanta or anyone else on this board with age discrimination...They have always been helpful to me and have never said anything about my age, even though I am only 17 *well in october ;p* and I don't hide my age. Sure I have ideas, and if I shared them maybe people would like them, but I know I am not ready and I don't think it has to do with my age, but with my experience and thought. If I were you Dan, I would wait and really test these out, refine your routines. Get experience performing and even explaining these tricks. Once you think you can thoroughly and eloquently share your ideas, I don't think anyone will stop you just because of your age. I don't have any of your stuff so I can't judge it, but from what it sounds like, you just need more time. I hope the DVD does get good reviews and I wish you the best of luck, but don't rush anything. The art of magic isn't disappearing anytime soon! *Pun intended*
Just my 2 cents from a young magicians perspective.
Adam
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4465 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2007-08-02 17:22, DougNicols wrote:
What the heck did you perform at 3 years old?

Quote:
On 2007-08-01 14:56, Christopher Williams wrote:

I am 20, coming up 21. However I have been in magic for 16, almost 17 years now

Haha! The bit after that says performing for 7! However, it was 4 years old when I got a Paul Daniels Magic set for Christmas. I lost all the tricks quickly, as at that age, I was showing everyone what I had learned as quick as possible and then wanted to show them another an so didn't care about the trick I had just performed. What it was like to be young eh? Smile
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Sorry, Doug. Didn't realize you were kidding. Hard to tell sometimes on these boards Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
jonxodus
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
320 Posts

Profile of jonxodus
This is just my 2 cents, I am totally againts age dicrimination and bashing young people for the sake of bashing. I see myself as young(20 btw) but there is a great sense in which we need to take criticism and accept the responsibility and consequences of our actions. What Dan has done(in the past) is pretty much wrong, but people defending him have to understand that what he did have consequences on his reputation and his credibility. We have seen young sublime magicians(DGarcia, Josh Jay etc) and I hope the community will continue to encourage the growth. As for people like me("young"), we need to realise that older people DO know more than us, we can always learn from them even if we think we are better than some. Are they wrong sometimes? Of course, no one's perfect, but I think the older guys here have a great point that we should listen to!
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Well said.
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1102 Posts

Profile of Nash
I didn't know Dan Army, or his previous product.
But the demo looks pretty good.
Just because he is young, it doesn't mean he can't put out good product.
Also, just because his last product is rubbish, it doesn't neccessarily mean his next one will follow the same path.

I say.. how about a real review from people who bought this?
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Just so I'm clear on this new 'age discrimination' thing. Does this mean that there should be no minimum drinking, driving, or voting age? Nash, go get it and review it, everyone would appreciate it.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
I think this sums up the effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlVjv8FRMkk
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
So the effect is dark and requires thrusting of objects too close to a camera? I like it, I think it will be big.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2591 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
After looking at the Youtube clip, it seemed obvious to me how he did it. It's a good idea, but pretty basic to magic, I thought. I could be wrong...
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Sure it was obvious and you are not wrong based on what I saw. Was that kid performing it the famous Mr. Army?