The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Review of Nabil's DVD "Link" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Quote:
On 2007-07-22 11:03, nabil wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up, meaufeaux. Do you know where I can get a copy of Lynx?

I googled "lynx trick harkey" and found several sources, Nabil.
nabil
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of nabil
Thanks for the tip Doug. Just ordered it from "The World's Largest Magic Shop". Can't wait to see what he came up with! If this turns out to be exactly the same thing, or close enough, then this will please a lot of guys who can't find the materials or don't want to spend the time and energy making up their own gimmick. I'll follow up on this as soon as I get it in and have a look at what Mr. Harkey has created.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
There are some good ideas in the Lynx instruction sheet.
nabil
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of nabil
I can't wait. Well, if anyone has any reviews/feedback, I'd like to hear it! I'll try and stay out of the discussion, unless warranted.
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
The linking may not be impromptu, but how much of this material fits in a table-hopping situation, Nabil?
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
nabil
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of nabil
All the CMH stuff, the broken and restored band, and the jumping band are 100% commercial no doubt. Depending on your side angles with other tables, and the restaurant lighting, you might be able to use the gimmick. Like a small, elegent, dimly lit restaurant. Bars and clubs are generally good for it as well.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Sounds good . . .
Cards never lie
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
So all of the pre-orders have shipped?

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
nabil
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of nabil
They should all be shipped out today!
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
I received mine from HP yesterday. Nabil...Bravo. What a wonderful DVD. I got through 1.5 hours, so I am almost finished Smile Wonderful effects, great teaching, very professional DVD. Its everything I was hoping it would be and more. Highly recommended! Hell, you even got me practicing at work right now Smile
nabil
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of nabil
Thanks Marvin! Glad you like it. No better place to practice magic then at work! LOL. Bravo to HP for getting it out so fast! And apologies to my preorders...I honestly thought they would have dvds in hand before the shops even got them. Its my first time with all this. Well, all the preorders were shipped today by my shipper in Wisconsin. And there is stock on hand, so now we are out of "preorder" mode.
sman
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of sman
Good to hear preorders are all shipped. I am located in California so might be a few days before I get mine. I though I remembered Nabil saying that they were going to ship express. Would that be UPS by any chance? Just anxious to get mine.

Skip
nabil
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of nabil
Actually USPS (United States Postal Service).. your local mailman. Should be there soon!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The teaching on this DVD is incredible. There is so much good information before you even get to the part where the bands just link.

Nabil is a charismatic entertainer and first rate teacher. Anyone that does rubber band work, this is a must have DVD!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
sman
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of sman
Thanks Nabil I'll meet my postman each day till I get it. Looking forward to it.

Skip
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Great DVD. Nabil I know that you are now interested in Harkey`s effect but as others have already said here it happens all the time in magic. I used myself Linking coat hanger gimmick since 1995. for something very similar. Everyone who is not a copycat and spends enough time with the same gimmick will come up with the same ideas or very similar ideas. I would recommend this DVD to anyone interested in rubber band magic no matter whether he performs CMH already or not.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1387 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Whose idea was it to shoot the Ammar Finale move as a POV shot; yours or Dave's? Either way, genius! Its my favorite part of the whole dvd.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
The whole DVD was good.
nabil
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of nabil
Thanks guys. Hmm, can't remember. I think that idea actually came from Todd Diamond. He shot the rough draft about a year ago, which featured his fingers. The fingers you see are actually your own, magically passed through the screen! Hehe.
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
Who is Todd Diamond?