The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Stars of Magic 9 DVD set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Magic Power
View Profile
Regular user
Taiwan
107 Posts

Profile of Magic Power
9 dvds include 15 Volume
I have ordered them even I have some of them(VHS)
But I like dvd..it have meun..
"Be Nature"
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Can the 9 DVD Stars of Magic Set be purchased right now? If so where? My credit card is waiting.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Each DVD has two or 3 video volumes. That's quite a bargain.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Dr Marvin
View Profile
New user
Florida
91 Posts

Profile of Dr Marvin
I wish they transfer the AOA tape to dvd...

Dr Marvin

1-13-06
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
850 Posts

Profile of oombob
Wow....classic stuff for $19.95 a pop.....

Hank Lee is offering this as welll....occasionally he offers 25% discounts on online orders...that is why I am mentioning,

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/customer/pr......p;page=1
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-01-13 10:45, Dr Marvin wrote:
I wish they transfer the AOA tape to dvd...

Dr Marvin

1-13-06

I wish they'd lose the master on it!
:rotf:

sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2099 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Must not break...Man, pretty soon I am going to have to get a pesky wife so that I am not tempted to buy any more magic for a long time. Course my GF would kill me if I did! Not to mention the wife investment would probably still be more expensive in the long run...or wait maybe not. *** it!

*Sigh* (Adds to cart and tries to forget)
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
These dvd's ROCK!! All classics!! I have these on vhs when it was still tannens... I got these back in 98' and I paid around 50 bucks a pop back then... these are definately a steal at that price...
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2099 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Ok I decided I am not going to break...yet. If I do the current pile of books that have been waiting for my attention for months will most likely get a little ticked if any extra weight is added to the pile. So I will wait. Plenty of time for "breaking" after income tax returns. Smile
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Derek Dingle teaches the riffle pass in full detail on Stars Of Magic #7 (All Stars). Full instruction by the master of the pass!!

Shikina
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
260 Posts

Profile of Shikina
Don't jump ahead of yourself MagicChris. Derek Dingle's instruction on the pass could hardly be considered "full". He does a quick runthrough of the move- omitting many key details. The best part is that Dingle "messes up" the pass! Get this dvd because it has great material (including the segmant on the pass) but don't plan on trading in your Kaufman dvd so you can watch Dingle's explanation Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-01-16 13:18, Shikina wrote:
Don't jump ahead of yourself MagicChris. Derek Dingle's instruction on the pass could hardly be considered "full". He does a quick runthrough of the move- omitting many key details. The best part is that Dingle "messes up" the pass! Get this dvd because it has great material (including the segmant on the pass) but don't plan on trading in your Kaufman dvd so you can watch Dingle's explanation Smile

You mean...the box is misleading? How can this be? If only derek were still with us...we could bash him about the head!

Shikina, thanks for the skinny on tbhis.I was going to get it just for the pass. although...it would be fun to see Derek mess it up and recover.

sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2099 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On 2006-01-16 12:51, MagicChris wrote:
Derek Dingle teaches the riffle pass in full detail on Stars Of Magic #7 (All Stars). Full instruction by the master of the pass!!

Cool. I will have to check it out.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2099 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On 2006-01-16 13:18, Shikina wrote:

That is not cool. ***.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Just received the 9 volume set today and it is outstanding! DVD is the only way to go. These are packed with all the same great effects from the masters. The DVDs contain nice menus so you can go right to the effect you want or browse, either presentation or explaination. They transferred everything, including the cheesy 1920's piano music (lol).

The first two and last two volumes are the best buy. Each contains a compilation of several videos by two great masters, Paul Harris and David Roth. There are a bunch of effects. A really good deal for $19.95.

The Dingle, Bilis, AllStars, and De Camps DVDs contain only one to one transfer, so you only get a few effects per dvd. I'm suprised they didn't combine those into one or two dvds and shorten the stack. But, they are still worth the $19.95, especially since these used to sell for about $70 each some years ago.

Great stuff. Don't hesitate on this set. I'm really happy to have these back on my shelf. Thanks go out to Murphy's Magic for resurrecting these gems. Highly recommended.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Thanks for the kind words on this. We wanted to keep the "integrity" of the individual performers (i.e., each has their own DVD) but when multiple volumes of a particular performer were present, we attempted to combine as much as possible to give the most bang for the buck. There are SO many gems in this series... as an example... check out the Bilis Switch... it is superb.

Thanks again.

Tim Trono
Murphy's Magic Supplies
linhong
View Profile
New user
Seattle
74 Posts

Profile of linhong
I just watched the volume featuring Derek Dingle. I think it's great. Remember, it's not a video teaching you all the basics of a sleight (the pass). Rather, you can learn the routines as well as the thoughts from one of the greatest card manipulators.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Speaking of Dingle... I am eager to watch the 2 DVDs of Dingle that Meir Yedid is releasing... should be great.

Tim
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
I agree that it was appropriate to keep the performer's dvds seperate so as to keep thier individual integrity intact.

Check out "Color Stunner" performed by Paul "AOA" Harris on Volume 1 of Stars of Magic. Killer stuff!
shaunproof
View Profile
Loyal user
Parts Unknown
228 Posts

Profile of shaunproof
I'd get these PH DVDs instead of the new set. $40 vs. $200+. Most of the good stuff is on the $40 DVDs. So, why pay an additional $160 for a few new things, which don't really merit the difference. THis is all speculation, of course.

I placed my order for these already to replace my dying Tannen's videos.