The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Is Psychokinetic Silverware worth buying? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Mister Hyde
View Profile
New user
New York City
87 Posts

Profile of Mister Hyde
I heard that this tape was not up to par with other Banachek's products. Many people claim there are better products out there.
peng
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
81 Posts

Profile of peng
This post maybe too late, but don't get Psychokinetic Silverware.

Learn about the techniques elsewhere (like the "controversial" Metal Bending Real Work video) and learn misdirection and psychology in some good books. Then put together your own routine.

Psychokinetic Silverware covers misdirection and psychology, but not in depth -- like all videos.
Peng
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
***, it's so hard to do a one handed bend
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
ColinB
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of ColinB
I promised myself I'd put it on my Christmas present list, but a couple of weeks ago I cracked under the pressure of the good reviews and recommendations and bought it. The result? I feel it's one of the best magical purchases I ever made. I was up and running bending forks almost immediately, so it's now in my walk-around/table-hopping repertoire. The reactions are great. People love to see that kind of thing - it's one of those effects some laypeople think might be "real".
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
If you want to have a ready powerful full rountine,get it!!It worths every Penny1! Smile
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
dave_cane
View Profile
New user
England
34 Posts

Profile of dave_cane
Yeah, as everyone has said (I think), it is definitely worth its money.

Psychokinetic silverware is a really amazing routine... a must have if you ask me!!! Smile
Wil Castor
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
144 Posts

Profile of Wil Castor
Better late than never...

Get it, you wont regret it...
It takes some practice (as anything worth doing does but I have mangled bent or broken most of the flatware in the house and have now been limited to eating with chopsticks by the girlfriend as we are running out of metal. You will have a ton of fun with this and make many enemies in the restraint business at the same time...
in short it (and Banachek) rock! Smile
Pain is the craft entering into the apprentice.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Looks like I have to add something else to my Santa's list for this year. I'm glad this question was asked. I am a mentalist who does not bend metal, but hey! Why the hell not!

Smile
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of Lior
I bend metal for 15 years.
(It is very common in Israel)
All the tapes about metal bending are good.
Buy them all.The money you'll get for doing it will cover the costs Smile
Metal bending is one of the strongest thing you can do.
Geller got famous for bending spoons, not for a 4 aces tricks
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
Hahaha... well gellar did not. but people like Copperfield did get famous even tho he did not do a spoon bending routine... haha =)

dude, i used to hate card magic like you, but once u do it, you'll get hooked... seriously.=)
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
mansomago
View Profile
New user
spain
57 Posts

Profile of mansomago
It is a great tape.
Just buy it.
Wizard291
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Wizard291
Yes - great vid.

Upon getting it there is was a definite "IS it real magic" question, and I have to say that regardless of how it works, it really is the strongest thing I do and has people stupefied. Smile

Special thanks to Mr. Geller to making this what it is Smile , after all, what would people say if no one knew about it previously? It would be nothing to what it is now.
wiggys
View Profile
Regular user
UK
104 Posts

Profile of wiggys
I've just ordered Patrik Kruff's video - how does this compare with Banacheck's? Should I buy Banchecks as well or save my hard-earned for something else?
Menetekel
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Menetekel
Wiggys, I have both tapes and, aside ethical issues about the Kuff's tape, I think both are great. Kuffs is more focused on different techniques/bends while Banacheck is more focused on the psychology of the bending.

Buy both tapes, if you can.

Max
tim_mantis
View Profile
Regular user
UK
117 Posts

Profile of tim_mantis
Banachek's vid concentrates more on presentation as well as technique than any other I have seen, it's a real in-a-nutshell buy!

Tim
Lee Davies
View Profile
Regular user
Derby, England
136 Posts

Profile of Lee Davies
I too have 'Psychokinetic Silverware'. I have to agree with Mr Mantis, very good informative presentation ideas.

Don't delay get it!
I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand...
three_spot
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of three_spot
I’m thinking about buying the tape and I have a few questions, do the forks/spoons actually bend? and can anyone be used. Being that its a video I’m wondering if it is completing psychology and playing with the minds of the specs, also what are the ethical issues.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5942 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
The forks and spoons actually bend and are left for inspection. In most cases the spectators see and feel the silverware bending.

The ethical issues are what you decide to make of them. Ethics are a personal thing.

Obviously it is best to start with lighter silverware and build up to the real heavy stuff. This is discussed in the tape.

This is very real work with a lot of thought behind the psychology.

I don't have the Kuffs tape so I am in no way comparing the two, just offering up my experience with Psychokinetic Silverware.
danielhunley
View Profile
Regular user
Middle of No Where KY
168 Posts

Profile of danielhunley
But Do they actually bend in site.. In front of everyone? It isn't like Look at this spoon . OH LOOK THERE IS A BIRD. (and then secretly bend it). Look its bent? Is that it?
Jack Of Hearts!
Tim Taylor
View Profile
Veteran user
1970 - 2012
375 Posts

Profile of Tim Taylor
Danielhunley, as far as the spectators are concerned they will swear they bent in their hands and in front of their eyes. Smile
"Even a mosquito gets a slap on the back for a job well done" - Tim Taylor