The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Daniel Garcia The Project Volume 1: Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Thai Mai Shus
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Thai Mai Shus
Favorite move on this dvd is the ego change. If done smooth, it leaves people speechless. I think that move combined with rubber made is worth the price of Vol. 1. JMO!
cardpunk1206
View Profile
New user
oregon
51 Posts

Profile of cardpunk1206
The daniel garcia project dvd's are some of the greatest dvd's I've ever seen. besides the fact that the magic is great, the dvd's are fun to watch.
We Need To Be Astonished. -Paul Harris
Adam Hince
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
509 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Emyers99 does in fact have the performing experience he claims. I know him well. As far at the DVD goes, I don't necessarily agree with him entirely. Your Personal Safe is great, but I didn't fall in love with Satifaction Guaranteed. That is not to say that Daniel Garcia isn't extremely creative. I feel we will hear much more about him in the near future.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4758 Posts

Profile of emyers99
That's it Adam. You're off my Christmas card list Smile
español jeff
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of español jeff
Thanks for the great review. I've been eyeing the DVD for over a week. Now it's a difinite.
carddealer69
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of carddealer69
I just got it from mr postman and watched most of it. It is a decent video. I am not as hyped up on it as some people posting but it is good material.
phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
229 Posts

Profile of phase27
Has anyone been performing Your Personal Safe? I have been prac. this the past couple of weeks and have gotten some very good reactions from it.
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Best production values I've seen in a magic DVD. (I assume the new Paul Harris DVDs will be just as good if not better production-wise.) However, after watching the DVDs, I feel like I have an intimate relationship with Daniel Garcia's nose. Lots of extreme close-ups. Also, someday, I'm afraid some young woman is going to haul off and smack him when he calls her "sweetie".

Those small criticisms aside, I think these DVDs are great. Obviously, Daniel Garcia has a huge future in magic. IMO, "Satisfaction Guaranteed" is one of the best all backs routine I've ever seen, and there are a lot of great versions out there.

Robert
OiNutter
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
83 Posts

Profile of OiNutter
Yeah, he does like getting up close and personal with the camera! lol!
www.oinutter.co.uk

I could read your mind but I'm afraid of what I'd find
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I also wanted to add that the music in vol 1 is Mr. Garcia himself. I think he is a talented musician and songwriter as well as a great musician. A friend of mine is sending me a cd with his music on it. I realy like the song that plays during the menu.

Ego change is a killer for 1-4 people. Just get low!
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2005-09-22 12:27, Robert M wrote:
Best production values I've seen in a magic DVD. (I assume the new Paul Harris DVDs will be just as good if not better production-wise.)

Yep, you assumed right...4 years later. Smile

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2552 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On 2005-09-22 12:27, Robert M wrote:
Best production values I've seen in a magic DVD. (I assume the new Paul Harris DVDs will be just as good if not better production-wise.) However, after watching the DVDs, I feel like I have an intimate relationship with Daniel Garcia's nose. Lots of extreme close-ups. Also, someday, I'm afraid some young woman is going to haul off and smack him when he calls her "sweetie".

Those small criticisms aside, I think these DVDs are great. Obviously, Daniel Garcia has a huge future in magic. IMO, "Satisfaction Guaranteed" is one of the best all backs routine I've ever seen, and there are a lot of great versions out there.

Robert

Robert and I usually agree, but the production of this I just found annoying. With the split boxes so you can see two different angles at the same time I found it hard to see. Maybe there is an angle button option to blow up one or the other but I don't think so. I have a 27" tv and the boxes were just too small. It was a neat idea, but for viewing and learning magic teaching it just didn't work for me.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Quote:
Maybe there is an angle button option to blow up one or the other but I don't think so. I have a 27" tv and the boxes were just too small.

Help the recession and get yourself a flat screen television.
Have you tried watching them on your computer/laptop? The picture is much sharper on those monitors.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2552 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Thanks for the suggestion Doug, but it is not the clarity it is the size that is bothering me. Sure my television isn't all that big by the new flat screen standard, but to show the explanations entirely in picture in picture was a mistake in my opinion.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-02-10 09:04, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion Doug, but it is not the clarity it is the size that is bothering me. Sure my television isn't all that big by the new flat screen standard, but to show the explanations entirely in picture in picture was a mistake in my opinion.

Hi Paul,

I was suggesting using your computer monitor so you don't have to spend any extra money.

I also dislike video games that split the screen in half! Ugh! Even on my roommate's 50" t.v. it looks too small.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2552 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Oh, I get it. Thanks.
Connman1
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Connman1
I don't really have a problem viewing the 2 angles at the same time but I find it really distracting. Great DVDs though!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Because of this thread, I started watching this set again. Danny made me laugh so hard and them amazed me.

There is some killer magic on the set.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
I also prefer the standard filming angle or from behind the shoulder. I like the materials since I watched them few years ago but they are indeed too small to see.
Best Regards,

Bob