The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Curtis Kam's The Rat Pack... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
I purchased a book at a used bookstore titled The Magic Of 1937 edited by none other than Eric Lewis. Lots of effects from that era and very fun to read. One of the effects was titled The Rat Trap and appears to be the exact same thing as The Rat Pack. An apparent case of yet another independently conceived effect. Is there truly nothing new under the sun.

M&S
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Okay, you got my attention--where can I get a copy of The Magic of 1937?
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
Quote:
On 2007-10-10 19:44, magicandsoul wrote:
I purchased a book at a used bookstore titled The Magic Of 1937 edited by none other than Eric Lewis. Lots of effects from that era and very fun to read. One of the effects was titled The Rat Trap and appears to be the exact same thing as The Rat Pack. An apparent case of yet another independently conceived effect. Is there truly nothing new under the sun.

M&S

My mistake on the title of the effect in this book. I looked again and it's called "Trapped".

M&S
Martin_Lewis
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Martin_Lewis
Trapped, the effect by Bill Stickland, that my dad published in "The Magic of 1937" is quite different to Curtis Kam's "Rat Pack." More like a card sword effect done with a rat trap.

However the "Rat Pack" bears a striking resemblance the "The Worlds Most Dangerous Card Trick" which uses a leg hold trap instead. It was published many years ago in the EG with no name attached, only an email address, Maskedmagi@aol.com, I am guessing that person isn’t Valentino.

-Martin
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Since this thread has been brought back to the surface, does anyone know the name of the song used on the Magicdepot clip a couple pages back?
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
I love his trick. I performed with success and suspense many times. Then one show I missed. I have been reluctant to do it. My miss did not hurt me physically, but mentally I missed the right card due to a simple but fatal (in results). But I am determined to get back on the Rat and do it again.
Frank
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Congratulations on your success so far. Now, get back on the Rat asap, Frank. I know where you're coming from, and you've got to "bite the bullet" and show the Trap who's boss. The alternative is to live the rest of your life in fear....
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
Well, this going back in. My card control is weak so I found an answer for me. I have five shows booked and it is going in. Long live the Rat Pack.
Frank
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Quote:
On Aug 24, 2004, Maestro wrote:
Hey Curtis,

Just wondering, how many times have you gotten your finger "crushed" by the rat trap while creating/practicing this effect?

Jim Tyler s CAT and MOUSE effect is somehow similar to Leirpoll s effect.
I ve seen a similar effect as RatPack done long time ago, can t recall the credits ?
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Hi, is the rat pack taught in any lectures or material (except from the single dedicated dvd) ?
thanks