The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Suspended Dimension DVD - The Jacketless Topit by Dan Sylvester (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
michael640
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of michael640
p.b jones, yes that may be true, but 80 percent of the magicians here aren't proffessionals. Also many performers who work out doors in Café's (e.t.c) do not wear this sort of attire.
ThorstenHappel
View Profile
Loyal user
Düsseldorf / New York, NY
203 Posts

Profile of ThorstenHappel
Can you only use it without a jacket? Can you use it as a regular topit with a jacket on?
Thorsten
-----------------------------------------

"If this be magic, let it be an art ..."
-- William Shakespeare, The Winter's Tale, Act 5, Scene 3
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
I ordered mine from from Kevin James' website.

I recieved an email a few days ago stating that they will ship in 1 1/2 to 2 weeks time.
Tony Chapparo
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Have anyone received it yet?
Why it takes so long for anyone who order it to get it?
felix2
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of felix2
I am also wondering as to why its taking so long and I placed an order with kjmagic close to a month ago and I wasnt even aware that it would be a preorder.
Each time I emailed kjmagic ,I would receive a "we are looking at 2 weeks" and then "it would be ready for shipping in a week and a half"
Maybe they should have only made the product available to us only when they have received confirmed info on the receipt of stocks.
Its really a torture to have to wait for a product especially after hearing the rave reviews fm people who have actually used it.Do sincerely hope its shipping real soon.....hmmmmn Smile
Ozer4
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
329 Posts

Profile of Ozer4
You have to wear suspenders when performing this effect, hence "suspended" dimension.
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
how the heck do you hide a 6pack in a skinny suspender??????????

amazing!
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
michael640
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of michael640
I think its rediculous that they did not state this in the beginning. Suspenders are NOT something that most people wear or feel comfortable in. Im all for non-exposure of methods, but i don't feel its right to leave information like that out of the ad.
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
I think Ozer was just kidding/joking about suspenders or Braces as we call them here in the UK (suspenders are something worn by women over here) anyway if it does require waring braces then it wont sell well over here as no one wears them! perhaps a few really old guys but even old folk don't wear them much anymore.
Phillip
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
Guys- I'm sure Oz was kidding lol. Don't worry...

Ian
michael640
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of michael640
haha im worried man!, well i hope he was too...
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
Suspenders look "natural" on a character like Sylvester the Jester.
Hopefully it won't be like what everyone is thinking, but a real strike of genius.
Coolmagic
View Profile
New user
My mom...
67 Posts

Profile of Coolmagic
Why do you care about the method?We all know that Sylvester had good ideas in the past.
So the only thing we have to care about is:
Is it visual, and do we have a great reaction from the laymen! You don't do magic for the other magicians but for the laymen public.

When you perform a double-lift, we all know that there's about hundred ways to make a double-lift, but the NORMAL PEOPLE always think that you take only one card what ever the method you use.(Only if you can do it right though)

So that what i meant, If we can do what the effect say, well we don't need to worry about the method. The public will enjoy it.
michael640
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of michael640
coolmagic, what are you talking about?
surely the fact that you may have to drastically change your dress style is a factor of whether this is practical for certain performers or not.Would you buy a great version of the card through window if you had to wear a bowler hat to perform it
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI Coolmagic, as well as the point made by
Micheal640 . consider probably 80% probably more magicians perform for other magicians much more than lay people. Though as I said earlier most pro's who are likely to work for lay audiences would not work without a jacket or vest/waitcoat.
Phillip
Jeffrey Cowan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
132 Posts

Profile of Jeffrey Cowan
For those who have concerns about suspenders: there are an great many lawyers, bankers, and other professionals --- of all ages -- who wear button suspenders with fine suits.
Coolmagic
View Profile
New user
My mom...
67 Posts

Profile of Coolmagic
Sorry Phillip, but that's because you think that a magician must wear a jacket or a vest. But find your style and try to not be like everybody else.Maybe your character won't have to wear a coat or something else. And I probably do more than 250 shows per years and sometimes I wear no jacket or vest.(Bret daniels, lance Burton even David Copperfield and many more have performed without jacket once in a while)And for you Michael640, do you think that sylvester the jester will put on market something that will change the dress style of every magicians. I don't think so. Ho! By the way if you can found a card through window where you need to wear a bowler hat to perform it, well call me because I wanna see this one!!!!! lol

"Magicians don't have to be in black with a top hat.We can be all different."

VCM
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Right on cool magic. I believe David Blain was paid 1 million dollars for his contract with ABC. He sold the show in the exceutives Offices wearing the classic magician attire of jeans and T-shirt!!

Stand out from the pack and be noticed!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
michael640
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of michael640
hahaha coolmagic, i think your reading a completely different discussion. I said what i said because ozzer stated that you need to be wearing suspenders to perform this effect. That therefore WOULD change the dress code of 80 percent of magicians. that's more or less a fact , and that validates the point i made. If you still don't understand what im saying then feel free to pm me, email me, write to me, or phone me!
the point about the bowler hat thing was to illustrate my argument, even if it was a rather crued method! Smile
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi Coolmagic,
But I did say "most Pro,s" not all yes some work in costume or have TV shows where dress codes can vary. but that's hardly a majoririty or even a large number. also remember that you are in a hot country. you would be hard pushed to turn up for a paid show in the UK with a good excuse for not a jacket or waistcoat. Again I am talking in most circumstances not that it is not possible. David blaine appears to be a street performer in most instances therefore street clothes would be acceptable and David Blaine could likely turn up to an engagement in street clothes because of who he is (his popularity) However, the reaction of a booker toward an unknown turning up for a show in street clothes would be rather different in my experience. when people are paying you $1,000 dollars a night or whatever
they expect you to dress accordingly as well as provide good entertainment.
Perhaps we should start another thread on this as I feel we might get these deleted.
Phillip