The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: Wireless headset not move from my head (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dtrickys
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of dtrickys
I Have bose s1 speaker .
I have GLXD14 shure

but the header I have all the time is move . and not stay same position . I feel very bad with it . all the time I need keep it . .

which wireless headset is recommend to use , the budget no matter

Thank you.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
DPA d:fine
Dual ear headset stays in place.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
dtrickys
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of dtrickys
So I go with DPA 4488
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
I have this one:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1......overview

The DPA 4188 with directional pickup pattern, DUAL ear. The cable is detachable. But the end is a microdot connector.

So then you need a microdot to Shure connector.

The mic boom comes in 3 different lengths. The one I linked is the 120mm Boom. Not sure which would fit best with you.

To see what the difference between on Omni & Directional, watch this video:

https://www.dpamicrophones.com/headset-a......rophones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv9JCgqCViU
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
389 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
I use a piece of skin color surgical tape behind my ear to keep my headset in place.
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love & be loved in return.
The Art of the Impossible
View Profile
New user
Europe - Spain
18 Posts

Profile of The Art of the Impossible
I use a DPA dual ear, I also tape it behind the ear. Comfortable and safe
www.edama.es --- Instagram @edamagic --- Facebook @magiaedama
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
There are two main issues. The first is the fit of the mic. The second is how you stabilize it. Most have the ability to adjust them to fit your ear and face correctly. Typically most people in Broadway and theater type shows have someone position and stabilize the mic for them with small pieces of car surgical tape. I usually place one small piece on the back of the neck to hold the cable in position. The second piece behind the ear making sure to turn my head as far as possible to make sure there is enough slack to prevent it from pulling against the first piece, then the last piece is usually on the face on the cheek to hold the boom arm in place. It is both a science and an art. There is a new ear mic called the EMBRACE which is easy to adjust and fit and is easy to conceal but does keep the mic a little further away from the mouth which could possible give you a little less GBF (Gain Before Feedback) so you’ll need to take that into consideration. I typically carry a small feedback eliminator with me so I can ring out each venue and it will notch out the various resonate frequencies it finds there and help your GBF level. ALWAYS an advantage!
Ray Pierce