The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: Licence or licence free wireless mics (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
745 Posts

Profile of ed wood
This question is for UK people as I'm sure the licence/frequency situation is different in every country.
I'm buying a new wireless system for my headset mic and need to decide whether to go for licence or licence free, I'll either get the Shure BLX14 or GLXD14 depending on which way I go.
I'd prefer to go licence free (despite the system being £200 more) so I don't have to pay for a licence each year. Since I last bought one of these about 15 years ago the frequencies have changed so I need to know how the licence free frequencies are these days. Are wireless, Bluetooth, mobile, router signals effecting things at all? How are people finding licence free over the last few years? Anyone else made this decision recently, in which case which way did you jump and why?
Cheers, Ed
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Shire’s tech support people ar excellent, and you can find them on their website. They won’t tell you what to buy, but they can answer all your questions about differences no about frequency concerns.
Dan McLean Jr