The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: What is the difference between Audio Ape and Media Monkey? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I see both items for sell at https://www.audioaperemote.com/shop/ What is the difference in both objects?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
What are the pros and cons with Audio Ape. Has anyone had any issues?
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3556 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Audio Ape is Apple IOS only.

MediaMonkey works with Apple IOS and Windows.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
The Audio Ape is designed to work with an iPhone or iPad (or iPod for that matter). It interfaces with different apps to trigger them effortlessly. I use Go Button but it works with many programs. Media Monkey is designed specifically to trigger programs on a laptop. It will work on either apple or PC.

Most use it with Q-Lab on Apple systems. I use it with Sound Cue Systems on PC. It requires a computer as it gets its power through USB. Audio Ape gets it’s power through a separate power supply. The audio output for the Audio Ape is a stereo 1/8” outlet on the unit itself. The output for the Media Moneky will come from your laptop or computer so it can either be a headphone jack (1/8” stereo) or a USB output device or card.

If you have ny other questions please let me know!
Ray Pierce
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks guys.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Will the following set up work with using Audio Ape outside with no power outlet?
1. Audio Ape.
2. Go Button Pro.
3. Battery Bank.
4. iPhone
5. QDJ15 Battery Powered Portable Bluetooth Speaker: https://www.amazon.com/Quantum-QDJ15-Por......?ie=UTF8

I already have the battery powdered portable bluetooth speaker. Will I be able to have it set up with no cords or wires connected to the speaker because the speaker is bluetooth?

The only two cords I will have to supply is the one connecting the battery bank to the receiver and the cord connecting the receiver to the iPhone. Am I right?
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
It will work in theory with a battery bank but it does need a certain amount of power so I would check with Charles to make sure the one you have is strong enough. For audio it’s a little trickier a the one cable that goes from your phone (or iPod) to the Audio Ape unit powers your phone, triggers the music and returns the audio to the audio ape receiver where it can be controlled. I believe it captures the audio signal so th Bluetooth might not work but again, Just call Charles... I’m sure he can give you all the details!!
Ray Pierce
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1150 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I have the media monkey, and it doesn't need a power supply other than USB.
(meaning it's powered from my ios device or my computer)

I use it with:

** gobutton on my ios devices
** QLab on my macbook pro
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com