The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: I Got a Job! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Hmmm...this was the only place I thought it was appropriate to post this, but I just scored a new job working in lighting and sound! I start on Monday, doing audio/visual stuff for an Australian company called Staging Connections. Yay me!

That's all.

-- Topher
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Topher,

Great, New opportunities to learn...

Lighting is a skill, so are all of the other specialities of theater, learn from them all, help out in your free moments. In a long run, the education you gain wil be priceless!
Dennis Michael
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Congrats I have done lightting for many years and it has been a great help have fun!

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
That's awesome, Topher! I've always wanted to learn stage lighting and I've joined the lighting crews for some school plays in the past. I stopped doing it, though. I was always interested in learning but they never taught me anything.

At one of the plays, I was in front of a pre-programmed light board with two adults telling me when to press the button.

Another play, I sat in the light booth for every rehearsal and performance while everyone else did the work (man, was it HOT up there!)

-Andy
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
HAHA! Lowest paid job you could get eh!!!

but seriously, Good luck mate, and well done.
I hope you enjoy the life of a board pimp!!!
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Hehehehe!! Board Pimp. Do you reckon they'll let me put that on my passport?

-- Topher