The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: Techno Music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
What are the names of some good classical or techno songs I could use for manipulations? Smile
If you punch a wall so hard your knee hurts your goal has been accomplished.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
You can get Fruity Loops by the makers of Cakewalk for $100.00 Create your own loops and customize their length to fit your effects. Why use someone elses music when it's so easy to create your own? I've been using the program for 3 years now and it is well suited to Techno. I have a guitarist friend that makes my techno a little more heavy/industrial for my style. It's really easy to use, and actually pretty fun to play with once you get the hang of it.

If you are interested in taking a look at it and making yourself even more unique, here's a link. Check it out!

http://www.fruity-loops.com/store/product.asp?sku=TW.CAKFL1

If you don't think you have the ability or time to create your own music, do a google search on MODS. They are an old school music format that is VERY popular for techno music. The sound is much fatter than MIDI files. There are scores of pages with tons of them. And the players are free too! MODS are easily converted to .wav or .mp3 files.
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.jamesanthonymagic.com
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
392 Posts

Profile of oagwood
Sounds like great information. How difficult is it?
oliver
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
MODS have a high virus rate?
If you punch a wall so hard your knee hurts your goal has been accomplished.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Check out Sonic Foundry. Then have a software product called ACID that lets you mix loops also... Very easy to use and most of the loops are free!
Here's the website:
http://www.sonicfoundry.com/products/acidfamily.asp
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous