The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: Microphone that pretrends to be a pen or lapel or handheld or ..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
I find this concept interesting.

http://allmagic.com/allmagicreviews/allmagicreview08.html

I am not passing judgement on price-quality-frequency, or brand.
I just think the IDEA is cool. It sits like a pen in your pocket then can be removed as a handheld for speaking to a spectator.
I am sure it's too good to be true, but the "concept" is excellent in our business.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2249 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
It is a neat idea, I intend to look into it further. I've always had good luck with AKG equipment, I don't know them to produce sub-par audio apparatus, so I think this could be a nice bet. Naturally, depending on one's needs, usefulness will vary.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
DavidCaserta
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of DavidCaserta
You are better off getting a good quality lav.
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
The reviewer has already covered many of the good points about the system. I don't agree with everything he's said, but everyone has their opinions.

None-the-less, bear in mind that you can't change frequencies with this system. If you always play one city, AKG's Web site can help you to select a system that'll avoid TV interference, but that still won't protect you from any other interference. A "frequency-agile" system that will allow to choose between multiple frequencies at your gig is a much safer bet for interference-free operation. Still, though, it's a matter of looking at all the pro's & con's, and making a choice based upon your OWN needs.
Cheers!
Dan McLean Jr