The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: Fog Machine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
I want your advice and personal experiences on this one. I am looking for a really good multiuse fog machine. What would you recommend? I want thick smoke and little to no reheat time.

I have two different party foggers I bought really cheap. And you know the old saying you get what you pay for. So I am looking into getting another one for the show.

I have checked out some. Like the Viper from theater FX. It looks like a really dependable and will work in a variety of situations.

Thanks,
Mike
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
Try http://www.gotfog.com for general information about fog machines. IMO the best and most reliable fog machines are made by Roscoe International.

The right machine for you depends greatly upon how and where you intend to use it. It is very important to know the machine's capabilities and the proper safety procedures for use (particularly if using it in a confined space).

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
zigmont
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of zigmont
Rosco Delta or 1600 are real good.

High End F-100, my experience the best machine for the money.

La Maitre g-300 can be order as a hazer, smoker and LSG interface...used these on my contract with WCW wrestling high priced.

All with little to no reheating or continual

I like the La Maitre g -150 and it on my to buy shopping list its under 800 with DMX Interface.
Zigmont
Magic F/X
Merlin!
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Merlin!
Try phoning some local DJ services, and see if they have a used one which they are trying to get rid of. The ones used by these companies are very high quality, and will last a long time. Generally, the reason these companies get rid of their old machines is not because they are broken, rather, they have simply bought some new equipment. They are clearing out their old equipment.
DJP
View Profile
Veteran user
London
391 Posts

Profile of DJP
Dear all,

I am in the Norfolk area in the UK, where would be my most local special f/x store?
David
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
I'm keen on the Martin (JEM) line of foggers - although there is a fantastic company out of Canada - MDG - they make a great lo lying fogger - the only draw back is that it is huge AND you need an external source for CO2.
Take a look at the Antari lo lying fogger - for what you get, it is really good for the money - it runs off of normal fluid and regular ice cubes - AND it holds a 6 pack on board for after the show!
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
thiago
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
179 Posts

Profile of thiago
I boght mine used from a DJ. As Merlin!
said try your local DJ, or sound/party company for a used one you can get very good machines for half the price of a new one.
mforteath
View Profile
New user
Tasmania, Australia
62 Posts

Profile of mforteath
I bought mine from Dick Smith Electronics, it was cheap, but works well, and has a reasonable re-heat time. It is a DSE brand.
Backroomboy
View Profile
Regular user
David
114 Posts

Profile of Backroomboy
Use an insecticide fogger...it will cost you about thirty bucks...fluid fog is simply an ethyl glycol derivative and not worth the amount of debate it engenders.

I used to buy the Rosco stuff until I discovered my model train dealer had better stuff for cheaper.

Don't forget though that the whole usage of partially burnt hydrocarbons has come under scrutiny and is liable to punitive damages in case of personal injury...cough...cough...

First...we must kill all the Lawyers...