The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: Audio Ape (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
User error on my part!! Audio Ape contacted me this morning and helped me out! I am so impressed by this device and by them. Especially reaching out on a Saturday!! Thank you so much guys!!
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3102 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2019, w_s_anderson wrote:
User error on my part!! Audio Ape contacted me this morning and helped me out! I am so impressed by this device and by them. Especially reaching out on a Saturday!! Thank you so much guys!!

So what were you doing wrong? ???
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7568 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
FYI, Charles announced over the weekend, on Facebook, that they are going to have a half price sale on Audio Ape and Media Monkey during the Covid-19 situation. Sale prices are reflected on their website.

https://www.audioaperemote.com/shop/

https://www.facebook.com/audioaperemote/

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
142 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
I just happened to stumble upon Audio Ape due to devising my new programme.

Fingers crossed that you'll be able to help me with this one: I had been considering to order MediaStar Pro by Live Show Control (and before that by ProMystic) but now Audio Ape looks more appealing to me.

I'm planning on connecting Audio Ape with the Amazing Amp Pro by Empower Sound (via Audio Ape's DI box) and an iPad storing all the tracks I need for my performances.

Would I be correct in assuming that Audio Ape and the Audio Ape app mentioned on their website will work as a stand-alone solution for the music being played during my act or do I need both Media Monkey and Audio Ape if I'd like this system to work?

My apologies if for you pros out there this sounds like a pretty silly question. I've been a semi-professional so far who intends to go pro and honestly, I haven't been able to figure it out from what I read on their website. My bad.

So much looking forward to your responses. Many thanks in advance and stay healthy everybody.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2020, Michael.Kegel wrote:

Fingers crossed that you'll be able to help me with this one: I had been considering to order MediaStar Pro by Live Show Control (and before that by ProMystic) but now Audio Ape looks more appealing to me.

I'm planning on connecting Audio Ape with the Amazing Amp Pro by Empower Sound (via Audio Ape's DI box) and an iPad storing all the tracks I need for my performances.

Would I be correct in assuming that Audio Ape and the Audio Ape app mentioned on their website will work as a stand-alone solution for the music being played during my act or do I need both Media Monkey and Audio Ape if I'd like this system to work?

My apologies if for you pros out there this sounds like a pretty silly question. I've been a semi-professional so far who intends to go pro and honestly, I haven't been able to figure it out from what I read on their website. My bad.

So much looking forward to your responses. Many thanks in advance and stay healthy everybody.

You are correct the Audio Ape and free Audio Ape app work as a stand alone solution for music playing. The Media Monkey adds additional operations that are not possible with the Audio Ape Remote alone:
· Video playback
· Lighting control
· Live cameras
· Microphones
· Music playback
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
142 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2020, Michael Messing wrote:
Quote:

You are correct the Audio Ape and free Audio Ape app work as a stand alone solution for music playing. The Media Monkey adds additional operations that are not possible with the Audio Ape Remote alone:
· Video playback
· Lighting control
· Live cameras
· Microphones
· Music playback

Wow, that was quick. Most appreciated, Michael.

Looks like to start with Audio Ape and go for Media Monkey at a later point in time to bring my stage presence to perfection. Controlling a video playback and stage lighting sounds more than interesting.

Again, many thanks for getting back to me so swiftly. I'll definitely consider using Audio Ape and purchasing it during the current sale.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Quote:

Wow, that was quick. Most appreciated, Michael.

Looks like to start with Audio Ape and go for Media Monkey at a later point in time to bring my stage presence to perfection. Controlling a video playback and stage lighting sounds more than interesting.

Again, many thanks for getting back to me so swiftly. I'll definitely consider using Audio Ape and purchasing it during the current sale.

If you think you might want the functions of the Media Monkey later, you might consider purchasing it now instead of the Audio Ape. You can use it to do the same things as the Audio Ape does and, when you're ready, you can use it for the video playback and stage lighting. It's more expensive but the price is still quite low on sale.
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Thanks, all. If you buy Media Monkey, doesn't it include Audio Ape and get you both at once? I agree, not entirely clear to me on the site. Although that might just be because I'm missing something. Thanks!
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 27, 2020, Christopher Moro wrote:
Thanks, all. If you buy Media Monkey, doesn't it include Audio Ape and get you both at once? I agree, not entirely clear to me on the site. Although that might just be because I'm missing something. Thanks!

No, the Media Monkey is a separate device. It does the same thing as the Audio Ape plus the additional functions I listed above. The Audio Ape controls music with an app on an iOS device.
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
142 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
Quote:

No, the Media Monkey is a separate device. It does the same thing as the Audio Ape plus the additional functions I listed above. The Audio Ape controls music with an app on an iOS device.

That's good news indeed, Michael. Thanks ever so much. I then consider purchasing Media Monkey.

Do I need a DI box for Media Monkey, as it seems I don't - as opposed to Audio Ape ...
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Hey Michael, sorry to ask more, but you do seem like a great resource for answers Smile In addition to Michael.Kegel's question above.... would the Media Monkey be ABLE to use an iOS to also control music? Thank you, sir!
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Quote:
[
Do I need a DI box for Media Monkey, as it seems I don't - as opposed to Audio Ape ...

The Audio Ape doesn't require a DI box unless you want to run a long distance from the Audio Ape to your sound system. In other words, the Audio Ape has a 3.5mm (1/8") output to connect from it to your sound system. If your sound system has a 3.5mm (1/8") input, you connect it directly. For smaller shows, where my sound system is nearby, I connect this Audio Ape this way. When I'm in larger performing areas and my PA is further away from me, I use 3.5mm cable to connect the Audio Ape to DI box and then an XLR cable to run to my PA system.

The Media Monkey connect directly to a computer using a USB cable. You connect your computer to your PA system, etc.
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
142 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
Quote:
[

The Audio Ape doesn't require a DI box unless you want to run a long distance from the Audio Ape to your sound system. In other words, the Audio Ape has a 3.5mm (1/8") output to connect from it to your sound system. If your sound system has a 3.5mm (1/8") input, you connect it directly. For smaller shows, where my sound system is nearby, I connect this Audio Ape this way. When I'm in larger performing areas and my PA is further away from me, I use 3.5mm cable to connect the Audio Ape to DI box and then an XLR cable to run to my PA system.

The Media Monkey connect directly to a computer using a USB cable. You connect your computer to your PA system, etc.

Sounds just perfect. Thanks a million and all the best, Michael!
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Quote:
Hey Michael, sorry to ask more, but you do seem like a great resource for answers Smile In addition to Michael.Kegel's question above.... would the Media Monkey be ABLE to use an iOS to also control music? Thank you, sir!

According to the information on their website (I have never used a Media Monkey), it comes with an adapter to connect it to your iOS device to control music.

From their FAQs:

"Media Monkey can also work with iOS using our included adapter.
You can use our show app Audio Ape, or you can use other recommended iOS apps."
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Will the following set up work with using Audio Ape outside with no power outlet?
1. Audio Ape.
2. Go Button Pro.
3. Battery Bank.
4. iPhone
5. QDJ15 Battery Powered Portable Bluetooth Speaker: https://www.amazon.com/Quantum-QDJ15-Por......?ie=UTF8

I already have the battery powdered portable bluetooth speaker. Will I be able to have it set up with no cords or wires connected to the speaker because the speaker is bluetooth?

The only two cords I will have to supply is the one connecting the battery bank to the receiver and the cord connecting the receiver to the iPhone. Am I right?
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 11, 2020, Dynamike wrote:
Will the following set up work with using Audio Ape outside with no power outlet?
1. Audio Ape.
2. Go Button Pro.
3. Battery Bank.
4. iPhone
5. QDJ15 Battery Powered Portable Bluetooth Speaker: https://www.amazon.com/Quantum-QDJ15-Por......?ie=UTF8

I already have the battery powdered portable bluetooth speaker. Will I be able to have it set up with no cords or wires connected to the speaker because the speaker is bluetooth?

The only two cords I will have to supply is the one connecting the battery bank to the receiver and the cord connecting the receiver to the iPhone. Am I right?

Yes, it should work but I had issues with using the Audio Ape and BlueTooth to my speaker. I found that my iPod Touch would lose the BlueTooth connection from time to time when using my Audio Ape, which it doesn't do normally. I didn't troubleshoot it much. I just decided to connect my Audio Ape to my speaker with a 3.5mm cable. I only use the BlueTooth speaker for smaller shows. For my larger shows, I'm using a Bose S1 Pro and I connect using a direct box and an XLR cable.

I find BlueTooth, in general, too unreliable to use for my performances.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks so much, Michael.

Let me explain my plans and where I am at right now.

I have been using Amazing Amp for several years. When I play music I use One Track on my iPod. I do not like how long the battery last, I am going to switch to my iPhone. I also have Show Cues. But One Track is easier to use for me. I use the second transmitter that comes with Amazing Amp. I have not used a remote for a few years.

I also have Ultimate Control from Happie Amp. I forgot how to use it after a few years. I believe the set up is difficult.

I do have iJet and iNav but I stopped using it years ago. I was thinking about re-reading the instructions to see if it will work for my plans I am putting together. If it does work with my plans, I will not need Audio Ape. What I like about Audio Ape the most is the ankle usage.

I do have Axtell's HANDS-FREE DRAWING BOARD. I don't understand how to program it. I always use the eraser manually. I do have Speechelo. Speechelo is what I use for my character's verbal content. My plan is to talk to the character on the board. I will have to use the eraser manually. It will be odd if I had a remote in each hand. That is why I want the ankle version. I will use it for the character's audio.

Any other suggestions on how to put m act together using the Bluetooth speaker?

I purchased Show Cues and One Track on my iPod years ago. Will I be able to switch the apps to my iPhone with no extra cost?
gwauson
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of gwauson
I use Audio Ape as my music remote controller and I'm very satisfied with it. I bought it from Audio Ape three years ago and use it with my iPad. It's reliable and has never failed. I performed a couple shows recently and I realized if it ever failed, or the cable to the iPad broke, etc. that my music would not play and the show would suffer. If I had a backup I could quickly swap it in during the show. I now have backup cables. It would be unfortunate to swap in a replacement during the show but the music would be right back on. So I'm interested in buying a backup. If anyone has an Audio Ape system - and it must be working properly! - they want to get rid of, and will give me a good deal on it, I would like to talk to them. Please send me a private message. Thanks! Greg
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I pre-paid for Audio Ape Pro early this year. It was suppose to be delivered in May of this year. So far it has not been delivered. I can't believe this.
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

I ordered as well. Updates indicated that CPUs could not be shipped to them for construction due to the pandemic, hence the almost indefinite wait. I did receive an update on 8/24 that the CPU’s finally arrived and they could begin building. I suppose they should be shipping soon.